Home Discussions General Discussions

Camping, Tunneling and Slugging are fine and fair.

Comments

• DarkGGhostDarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

First SWF needs a lot of nerfing in order to be balanced. Second, no one has a problem with one loop the problem comes when there are 2 or 3 loops so close that the survivors can run there and have no danger.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 7,913

Griefers don't care about their strategy being weak. They only care about making sure one or more people have the most miserable time possible, preferably with a disconnect. Mori spam is only good for that exact purpose. It is a scummy thing to do.

• miaasmamiaasma Member Posts: 911

if you think making survivors want to DC is a "strategy" i would highly recommend taking some time away from this game

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 4,048
    edited June 2019

They always have been and the survivors have the power to punish both strats and make them non viable.

Of course the emblems mean punishing is bad for survivors but it is what it is.

• KaoMinervaKaoMinerva Member Posts: 451

Look dude point blank my objective is to kill you. I'm not letting an injured survivor off the hook period. If I find you, I will at most down you again. If there's no DS, I'm most certainly going after that hooked survivor to down and rehook him. I'm not letting you escape period.

If you piss me off, I will camp you. I don't care about rank anyways. I want you out of the game and I will make sure you are out.

• gantesgantes Member Posts: 1,611

I mean, the primary objective of any game is having fun.

Obviously no one should get reported or punished for camping or tunneling, but I firmly believe it's the devs job to make game design changes that punish antifun strats as much as possible.

Yes, this also includes making depip squad strats less optimal too because no one likes facing survs that spread out around the map and finish gens before you can do anything.

Punishing that stuff should be a game design thing not a player behavior thing.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 7,913

@Peanits , think we can get some clarification on BHVR's stance regarding mori cancelling on someone until they disconnect?

• RoKruegerRoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

@TAG I thought you were so sure of your point of view. I respected that. Sure @Peanits give us your opinion

To clarify: I agree that spaming UNTIL a survivor disconects is surely griefing. Failing to complete the animation a couple of times and they incidentaly disconect before you can complete it is not. Are you telling me that all those pre-nerfed Legion players were grievers? I don't think so

I don't deny that it serves my objective if a survivor disconects early in the match. If I can subteltily trigger that response on people who are prone to that, I will. Be it start the mori animation a couple of times, hit them when they are on the hook, camp them, etc

• MänzelMänzel Member Posts: 73

Why does everybody hate slugging?

What is so bad about it?

There is nothing wrong about it if you are playing as killer.

It makes it harder for survivors to escape if there are only two of them and you slugg one so you deny the opening of the hatch. That's why it is hated by survivors

• TarvosTarvos Member Posts: 8

Of course. I'll use my deliverance so the killer can insta-down me cause he's literally right next to me. How could I not see that.

• ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 1,309

Your feelings are just that though, your feelings. You feel its scummy, but objectively it isn't as if you've played killer enough you understand that Bubba can't really handle the large maps this game is known for. He's always been more of a defensive killer so basement plays are highly optimal for him. He's really the only killer that benefits from using insidious. People feel it ruins the gameplay experience, but objectively this sort of scenario is what the game on paper was expected to create. People would really benefit from playing both sides and seeing the entire picture.

• xEaxEa Member Posts: 2,282

Why is facecamping in your opinion unfair and "normal camping" fair? What is even your definition of fairness?

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,215

Tunneling isn't wrong camping isn't wrong their in the game so they are valid tactics calling tunneling and camping wrong would be like calling looping an exploit.

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 3,655

Is the bleed out timer active during mori spam?

• TtwylerrTtwylerr Member Posts: 92

Pretty sure everytime the killer spams it the timer is paused.

• AkumaAkuma Member Posts: 407

it's overpowered, toxic and frustrating to play against

it's worse

im doing it too because using it as a strategy do get a momentum

but it sucks and shouldnt be a thing tho

• PierpallePierpalle Member Posts: 23

I personally mori spam with the nurse at rank 2, move my head up and down, hit the last survivor on the hook while i say yes with my head, i write gg ez after every match. As a survivor (rank 3) I t-bag, especially at the exit gates and point at the killer but i never ever ever dc because i don't like it.

• AStupidMonkeyyAStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718

I do what I have to do to win. I play as different killers. Playing the same ones over and over is boring. I'm Rank 4 right now. I switch to Billy, Spirit and Nurse against SWFs but then I go back to rotation if only 2 are SWFs. I don't follow rules that someone else dictates if they don't really exist but it's formed to make my life hell.

I've said it before, if I just hooked 1 person 2-3 gens are already done and BBQ tells me all 3 are on gens far away and my Ruin is gone, I'm camping. You just took my ability to 3 hook everyone away. I'll take my loss and try for a 2-man. Usually what happens, I get hook swarmed and end up 3-4 manning instead. If 1-2 gens are left, Ruin is gone and no one is dead, I'm tunneling the [BAD WORD] outta someone.

I refuse to lose horribly for being nice. If you DS me after I hooked 1-2 other people and managed to get you still in the 60 seconds, I'm tunneling and camping you to death. You got your free escape. I try to be fair but if it comes to me getting steamrolled, well, I can be a pretty wall to your escape, Bud.

• The_TrapperThe_Trapper Member Posts: 186
    edited June 2019

If you have a perk like insidious, you have to respect camping, there's a few situations where camping is more than fair, it's a legit strategy.

The first situation where I think it is fair, is when the generators are powered and the killer has just hooked someone, especially if the killer is having a bad game.

The second situation, is when a survivor is hooked in the basement.

The basement is a killer's feeding ground, it is the one area of every map that survivors should avoid being close to. So if a survivor is hooked in the basement, you have made a serious mistake to end up there.

Bubba's basement is a viable strategy, sucks for survivors, I know. But if I end up hooked in the basement, I can only blame myself for being close to it in the first place.

Tunneling is annoying too, but there are perks to counter it (Decisive Strike, Borrowed Time etc.). It depends how well I am doing as a killer for me to decide whether tunneling if worth it, but if a survivor unhooks someone and I am less than 20 metres away, then I will definitely down the injured survivor. I might not hook them though again though, depends how well I am doing.

• DarkGGhostDarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

First the counterplay you can win a camper but not a face camper ( especial a doc face camper). Second, you can call camping when the killer hooks you between 3 gens.

So in the end fairness is the number or counterplay for me, for you?

• CardgreyCardgrey Member Posts: 1,318

I agree mori spam is wrong...

Thou I'm not beyond using all the pallets on the map out of chase just cause...

• NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 7,294

@RoKrueger

Mori spamming is considered as holding the game as hostage. Why?

Imagine you was going to mori spam someone for 30 seconds, just for fun. The survivor who's being mori spammed might think you're going to do this for hours - they don't know how long you're going to mori spam. Therefore, they DC out of fear that you'll hold the game as hostage.