The 3.4.1 hotfix is rolling out on Steam and PS4, with Xbox and Windows Store following soon. For patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/110295/
The disconnect penalty test will take place sometime after the update is released on PC platforms and Switch™.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

I would like to escape permanently.

Rex_HuinRex_Huin Member Posts: 1,011

It’s been 2 years now. I’ve grown attached to some of the survivors. Its getting us down this endless cycle of bonfire, trial, bonfire, trial, bonfire, trial.

Wouldn’t it be nice if you could eventually escape. Then you get a little cut-scene of your character returning to their former life. Only no time has passed at all.

I’m sort of stumped what the criteria for a permanent escape would be though. Escape 500 times? Find an ultra ultra rare item in a chest? Or maybe a very rare bloodweb item which locates a previously invisible exit?

Comments

• CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 2,695

I believe a long time ago they mentioned the possibility of a REAL escape, but I think that was just an idea tossed about.

I hope they go back and actually implement zomething.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 7,463

Probably something like "Kill the Entity".

Which should be close to impossible at the least.

Anyway, the only true way to escape is to delete the game from your account.

• RoKruegerRoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

Not on my watch

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 3,347

@George_Soros

pun intended? xD

(cuz Freddy and fire...? no? k... ill just leave then...)

• martin27martin27 Member Posts: 639

From a lore point of view the little background information that has cropped up in recent characters kind of suggests they have died.

• Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 1,508

It would definitely be interesting. Maybe we'll see something similar to that in the future.

• weirdkid5weirdkid5 Member Posts: 1,906

If I recall correctly, an old devstream mentioned that there IS a way to escape the realm. It isn't in the game, but the lore for it exists.

I can't remember who but someone said one of the addons or items gives a "clue" to this. I never figured it out.

• FireHazardFireHazard Member, Trusted Posts: 4,245

The Entity lets you escape to entertain itself, because it knows you'll just be right back in the trial again. It could be because you sent them their yourself or another player does.

Either way, The Entity gets a show...

• GhostlyFoxxGhostlyFoxx Member Posts: 72

I've personally always wanted a little story mode sort of thing with this game. I'm assuming The Archives are the closest thing we're going to get, but it would be really cool if it was sort of a side game that lets you play the original characters and help them escape the realm. Perhaps if given the option, they could even choose to stay.

• KilmeranKilmeran Member Posts: 1,904

If that's the case, then I am pleased to announce that I recently, truly escaped!

(I still check out the forums to see what's going on with DBD, to see if I'll eventually be inspired to reinstall, but I'm not holding my breath with BHVR).

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 3,943

Adds a new escape route but there is a .1% chance of it working and if it fails the entity kills you

• TheShocktorTheShocktor Member Posts: 30

I've posted about this before. Another user compiled a list of lore related questions, and answers from the devs.

Q: WILL THERE EVER BE A WAY TO KILL THE KILLER?

A :"We hinted to that at some point, to having a very secret sequence of things that could allow you to do that, maybe not killing the killer, but escaping for real.

That answer was really interesting, but I honestly doubt such a thing exists or will ever exist. As someone said in my post about it, data miners would have found it.

• Latin_Kidd92Latin_Kidd92 Member Posts: 146

I thought all the Survivors were actually dead already, like for example Jane.

• Atrushan88Atrushan88 Member Posts: 1,601

The thing about this is you'd lose survivors or killers to play if this were a thing, which wouldn't be fun. I suppose you could make it where if a character leaves permanently, a character of similar appearance replaces them.

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 3,943

The only way I really see this happening is if they make a story mode event that's short where you play in "story mode" and get see how you escape from the entity's realm wouldn't expect it to be long though would be cool to see that though.