Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Why you give more bloodpoints to the survivors?

Comments

• SleepyWilloSleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,140
    edited July 2019

That may have been true but with all the changes over the past year its clearly the killer thats now in the power role (EGC, hatch mechanics, healing, etc).

As it stands it is simple for killers to get points in each category playing normally. Survivors can only get max in one category (objective) without either competing with other survivors and/or playing off of the killers actions. Its ludicrous to me that I can get max points as a killer when the survivors are terrible but get minuscule points as survivor when the killer is trash.

The only remotely logical argument I've seen here for killers need more BP is the fact that they get far greater bonuses from using addons than survivors do and, as such, survivors can opt not to bring anything into the match. The only remotely viable survivor addons are instaheals and they, like killer addons, are exhausted on use.

Personally I think killers base kits should be buffed to no longer be so reliant on addons (while balancing with a slight nerf to current addons, obviously). Either this or a buff to survivor addons to make them worth bringing in. As it stands there is no challenge or guess work to playing killer as when you see a survivor the only item you really would worry about is insta medkits (or flashlight with a hag/wraith...). You can also be confident to each survivor loadout due to the lack of viable perks (but that is an issue for another thread).

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 12,973

@altruistic next time you try to summon me, use the @ with my name.

I'm on the same page as @DocOctober and @DarkGGhost here.

Devs stated a long time ago that the amount per hour is roughly the same. We already explained how it works.

Killers had no queue issues before GF was released. It's simply the combination of new killer + event + survivors getting firecrackers instead of cakes + free weekend.

Most of us supposed killer mains have been playing survivor during the event. No issue here.

@Peanits correct me, if I'm wrong. But I think the last time the devs tried to give in to the survivor claims of getting less BP, you introduced WGLF. Which in turn broke lobbies for survivors. What makes you think, that this time will be any different?

• DarkGGhostDarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

I have say that survivors and killers get the same BP per hour without the use of a perk or offering.

Look i will have no problem to give the survivors the same BP as the killers get but only if both get the same BP per game and per hour and with the same difficulty. The idea and logic to give one side BP passively over time because it exists is just bad. 

@miaasma but the bloodpoint gain IS on par with killers.

Does anyone even read what i write?

The changes will give survivors MORE points than killers. It won´t be on par, it will be superior. Thats what this is all about.

• AcromioAcromio Member Posts: 1,737
    edited August 2019

Because they caved in to the survivor-meme known as "kILLeRz EaRn MoRe BloOoOOdPoiNtZ!11!!!11!!!"

Post edited by Acromio on
  • SleepyWilloSleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,140
  • AcromioAcromio Member Posts: 1,737

Survivors get more or less the same amount of points per time played as killers.

• DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

Last time the devs showed those stats, the difference was just 1,000 Bloodpoints, which Survivors made more than up by usually getting to play more games per given time period than Killers due to the inherent nature of Killers hosting the Trials.

Survivors have all the same tools to max out Bloodpoints as Killers, if they don't use them, then that's on them.

@ToastfaceKilla i agree

People should play both sides to high ranks to see how each side performs.

unless you put a @ with my name, i won´t get a notification. Please consider this when expecting an answer.

@miaasma now back to your comment. You said people have tested it. So i assumed, that there would be any proof of that testing. Like over an extendet amount of time. Depip Squad like testing with gameplay, screenshots, etc.

Not just "oh look i made only 10k" observations.

Wait, so you even think that killers get more points than survivors WHEN the killer queues are long?

I really miss that LoL button...

Do you have proof that the longer Q is because survivors don't play that's much?

Every time the change the matchmaking killers have longer Q and this happen way before the event even starts.