Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

Hotline Miami killer idea

AetherBytesAetherBytes Member Posts: 1,075
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

I started this with a lot of hope thinking he'd be a great killer, now I'm disappointed in myself at how bad this turned out. Nevertheless I'll post him in case some people have some ideas on what to add/remove/fix, and I think the perks are good at least.

The Jacket

Movement speed: 115%

Terror Radius: 20m

Weapon: Baseball bat

Power – Sociopath

You are immune to detection perks outside a chase. Your terror radius can not progress beyond a light heartbeat. When chasing a survivor, your terror radius and stain fades out over 10 seconds. You deal double damage when hitting a survivor who is not in a chase. After downing a survivor, you suffer no attack recovery and all survivors inside your terror radius become exposed for 15 seconds. When stunned, all abilities are on cooldown for 30 seconds, which will automatically trigger when cooldown is over. You have a considerably increased lunge.

Addon (ideas, feel free to imagine them as any rarity you wish)

Shattered bat – A bat broken after beating someone with it too hard. Survivors cannot hear your terror radius for 2 seconds after entering it

Suppressor – A discarded pistol suppressor, reminding you to keep quiet and not attract attention. Your stain is permanently suppressed after hooking a survivor

Pizza slice – A fresh slice of pizza. Reduce cooldown by 5 seconds.

Perk 1 – Recovery

You grow deadlier each time you are stunned. Start with a -15% decrease to stun resistance. Every time you become stunned, you gain a token, up to 10. For every token, gain a 3/4/5% increase in stun resistance.

Perk 2 – Despair

No-one takes your kill. When a survivor unhooks another while 32 meters away, the rescuer suffers from a 5/10/15% hindrance effect for 10 seconds

Perk 3 – Dissociative

Your connection with the entity lets you use your prey’s aura reading against them. You can see up to 1/2/2 survivors aura’s whenever they can see yours and they are out of your terror radius (T3: and you are able to see any aura that any survivor generates, as well as the survivor generating it, up to reading 1 survivors aura)

Comments

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,920

His power sounds more like a passive with a cooldown.

• AetherBytesAetherBytes Member Posts: 1,075

@se05239 It pretty much is, the real jacket had no ability, which is what made Hotline Miami tough. You could take 1 hit and dealt the same damage as your enemies. Your only "ability" was that you start the levels with no-one knowing you're there, and to try keep it stealthy. I did add lunge distance to make him have some help in a chase, being able to catch up with a lunge quicker.

• ChesterTheMolesterChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771

Why not have a Killer who has good passives instead of a good power?

Also this suits Jacket from Hotline Miami, the only weapon he brings by himself are actually his car keys afaik.