Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

Do you give the last survivor the hatch?

Comments

• fluffymareepfluffymareep Member Posts: 634

I'll give hatch if I'm in a good mood or there was a DC. c:

• tehshadowman33tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

I only give hatch if the survivor was boned over by another survivor who was being a dickish, sandbagger of a teammate.

I love to mori the offender in front of them, nod, then carry them to the promised land.

LMAO.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 6,723

I will generally only do it if someone either DC'd or killed themself on the hook super early or if multiple people do so in succession.

• oTechnicoTechnic Member Posts: 120

If I downed a survivor, carrying them to a hook and if the hatch sound is somewhere nearby while carrying, then yes. The survivor gets the hatch.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

I used to but survivors ruined that

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 2,308

I used to more than I do now.

I often give it to survivors who are solid runners. By which I mean good at getting away and juking, not "I can run around this pallet and pile of junk 16 times."

Since the EGC however I think I just hate the hatch more. I hate that it spawns with 0 gens done and they can get out without doing anything. It makes me suspicious of the people left at the end and think that they were non-contributors so I don't really want to give them the points.

• EerieBloodyToxicityEerieBloodyToxicity Member Posts: 28

No mercy to the entilted survivor crybabies

• ASpazNamedSteveASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,501

Completely depends on a lot of things.

If I like a specific player a lot, or the survivors got screwed over badly by DCs, or I just had a very fun game, then yeah I will give someone the hatch.

• The_TrapperThe_Trapper Member Posts: 186

Nope, Entity put me there to kill. If I have a cypress mori, I might even drop the survivor close to the hatch to begin crawling, just to mori then before they get to it. Works great with moris that involve dragging the survivor back such as Wraith or Legion.

• LaakeriLaakeri Member Posts: 831

If I have 4 bbq stacks then only people I dont give hatch are bs main building window runners or insta med users.

• AuriellaAuriella Member Posts: 24

ha no xD

• DecarcassorDecarcassor Member Posts: 418

Not getting that fourth sacrifice can really screw you with the new scoring system. Especially in purple/red ranks.

That being said. If the game really went pear shaped for the survivors in a very obvious way and I know I'll get at least a pip, I still might let the last survivor get the hatch.

• CymerCymer Member Posts: 942

It depends entirely on the survivor.

If it was a fun and challenging match I have no issue to give them the hatch, I even bring you there on my shoulder.

Or if your team are just potatoes and screwed you over, like just goofing around and griefing and you are the only one that did some gens I will let you gleefully go.

But if you are toxic af you die.

• SteelDragonSteelDragon Member Posts: 745

I will only give the hatch if I have all 4 stacks of BBQ, they have a DC or I feel like they were pretty much carrying their team while their team did nothing

• GcarraraGcarrara Member, Mod Posts: 1,381

I usually do unless the survivor did something that irked me off. 🙂

• TKTKTKTK Member Posts: 671

spot on, at red ranks that would be a depip for being nice to the survivor whos team got destroyed. so it'd atleast give me a black pip for the 4k lmao

• DudeDeliciousDudeDelicious Member Posts: 7,821

Only in rare instances, under particular circumstances.

• ZarathosZarathos Member Posts: 850

Used to, not anymore the community has too much nasty elememts. No one uses chat to be respectful or friendly just spend most chat trash talking so if your team screws you i have no sympathy. I wont be disrespecting or trashtalking but i will sacrifice you. The pip system makes pipping a nightmare so letting one go at red ranks can potentially safety you if you let a survivour go.

• xEaxEa Member Posts: 1,634

I pretty much always do. Dont see a reason why i should not.

• FluorescentLemonFluorescentLemon Member Posts: 240

Only if the rest of the survivors DC and I'm in a good mood. I don't feel any obligation to the survivors due to how often I run into SWF jackanapes

• DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 1,486

I only play killer for the dailies now, when doing so I make as many as possible crawl out a gate. Whether they can make it is their problem.

• SaitamfedSaitamfed Member Posts: 880

Usually I don't because before EGC I gave to them and they laugh me on chat. So unless the match is unfair (two DC for example) then I'ld rather not do it. And about waiting for the survivor to go for the hatch and kill them in front of it, is fun but I think is not a good behaviour. If you're gonna kill them, then do it, is like those killers who down a survivor and then wait for the EGC to ends, wich ends of course with the survivor being "sacrified".

• Nea_Death_ExperienceNea_Death_Experience Member Posts: 316

I almost always let the last survivor hatch if: disconnects, I basicly destroy them or I like the person.

This goes out the window if, I never see them do anything, they teabag, always run straight to the infinate (only use the same loop), get their friends killed or run object of obsession.

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 7,486
    edited July 2019

If survivors played well and deserve an escape I will give hatch. Or if the survivor in question was screwed over by others or bad luck I'll take pity on them and let them hatch if they are the last one.

I won't give hatch at red ranks though, only because doing that means safety pip, unless I know for sure that I will pip even if they hatch. However I will at rank 1 because at that point a safety pip is all you need.

I avoid giving hatch to obsessions, Blendettes, or anyone that used an instaheal. If you are Ace or Dwight I'm more likely to give you hatch than others.

• CoffengMinCoffengMin Member Posts: 835

i head on ppl out of nowhere, you think theyll give me anything but a hook?

• Captain_DoomsdayCaptain_Doomsday Member Posts: 175

If they were cool, I open the gate for them once it's powered. At least, I did for an Ash once.

Did you know you get BP for opening the gate yourself?

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 2,983

I typically only do it if the survivor in question got screwed over in the match or if their teammates were absolute potatoes.

Trust me I know solo survivors at pain in the ass especially when your teammates are suicidal lemmings. But it's not something that I do to often

• EninyaEninya Member Posts: 1,037

Virtually never. Even when I'm farming, I'll let them max out Boldness on pallet stuns Altruism on heals/unhooks, and repair 4.5 generators, but then I kill everyone.

• AvilgusAvilgus Member Posts: 321

I never give the hatch, no one gives me kills.

• oxygenoxygen Member Posts: 1,501

Depends, really.

If I don't know where it is, probably never. Not going around looking for it, but if I know it's nearby I'll probably do so if it was a fun game.