Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.0.0 PTB is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

Please stop with the “rework Legion” nonsense.

Comments

• DoubleTapDoubleTap Member Posts: 218
    edited July 2019

If people think Legion sucks then they aren't doing it right.

Legion is now a highly nuanced Killer where you need to think past the simple kill and how you can bail everyone up mending while using killer instinct to keep finding more. While their distracted not doing gens you'll inevitably snowball them to death.

Post edited by DoubleTap on
  • The_TrapperThe_Trapper Member Posts: 186

How do you bail everyone up when they know to split up against a Legion? Mending takes just a few seconds to complete, not exactly a big deal since survivors have time on their side.

Legion is my 2nd favourite killer, have you tried him consistently at red ranks?

• KabuKabu Member Posts: 851

It was for calling people losers for trying to use Frank's and stab wound study

• miaasmamiaasma Member Posts: 911

no, i was calling out the ones who were using those addons before the legion change and were still trying to make the cheesy playstyle work

• newavitarnewavitar Member Posts: 395

Keep the terror radius and infinite mending fixes, revert everything else. Let him down with ff again. Speed up his vault speed. Revert the missed swing punishment, make it just reduce how much time he has left. Remove his ability to lunge in ff.

He's in a frenzy. He's not thinking, but he's not in pussy form either. He's in a frenzy. He's not gonna plan attacks, or lunge out. He's just gonna swing like a [BAD WORD] madman. It may be a small knife, but it's still gonna hurt. You're going to be dying from it. The bugs & the moonwalking problem was an issue, I'm glad it's fixed.

• mcNuggetsmcNuggets Member Posts: 767

I love people who don't know what they are talking about.

Be serious, are you baiting?

• Captain_DoomsdayCaptain_Doomsday Member Posts: 175

May I suggest that Killers not be priority reworks unless they're generally considered the worst, as Freddy was? I mean, as long as someone's worse off than they are, can they be the biggest issue? Suggesting a simple adjustment or buff is more reasonable than a full rework.

• TalmeerTalmeer Member Posts: 1,085

Well I think no killer should become a rework. Just buffs and nerfs. Maybe in fast following hotfix patches.

Reworks changing to much imo, even I don't know yet how the Freddy rework will turn out.

Maybe he will really be better after rework, or maybe his rework will be like the Legions ones. So that you have an entirely new killer for you, with the chance that you then not like your favorite killer anymore.

If the devs have so much doubts on a killer, so that they think that he should become a rework, they just should not release him in the first place.

That would prevent, that some people later being upset about a rework^^.

Well, that's a delicate balance. Obviously, the ideal is not releasing anything of subpar quality, but the devs want money and the players want content, so how long can you delay a DLC before it's no longer beneficial?

Although yes, the BASE MECHANICS of every Killer should be viable. Then it's just fine-tuning numbers.

• RiddickRiddick Member Posts: 121

I think we can't exactly compare Legion with Freddy. Freddy's power was rather fun as a killer, but from a survivor point of view it is annoying and makes.it almost impossible to run away from a chase. The slowdown would also make it even more boring for a survivor.

Legion is perfectly fine for survivors currently since his power poses no threat at all (even Bubba is scarier!). From a killer side, there is no purpose in life for Legion. I should do a wallpaper of Legion being comforted by a survivor xD

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 2,665

Honestly the thing that Legion needs right now is an add-on rework

Franks mixtape and pins do not fit well with their new kit and are actively detrimental to use. Franks would need to be reworked whilst the pins should apply to your initial deep wounds hit not a hit when they already have deep wounds applied

Deep wounds is not threatening enough anymore to make stab wounds study useful honestly if I see anybody get downed by deep wounds I assume there a massive potato, this is the first time ever playing against Legion or all this is their first time playing the game in general. This needs a rework

Don't even get me started on how absolutely useless fuming mixtape is. It was terrible when their power was more spammable so at least you could have read the information it gives you it's even worse now. feral frenzy is not the Wraith's cloak.

1) It has a time limit

2)You have a punishment for getting out of it

3) Besides killer instinct there is no tracking information when inside it

4) Once used you have more things to prioritise over gens and what colour their aura is currently especially if killer instinct is activated

5) It has a recharge before you can use it again.

An add-on tailored to the Wraith's cloak will not work with frenzy. Change not slightly boosted it needs to be reworked

Also the other change they need is more of an incentive bonus for injuring multiple people. I've seen some pretty decent ideas like the more people you chain the faster you move in frenzy or the lower your fatigue is.

If we're allowed to dream big, Legion seems like the perfect Killer to have the ability of being co-op or a "puppet character," meaning there are actually two Legion members roaming the map, but each is generally inferior to other Killers to force teamwork.

I used to say Ghostface should be this if he ever gets in, too.

But since I've never actually played or encountered Legion, I can't say much as to reasonable buffs for them.

• PluPlu Member Posts: 1,209

What The Legion mostly needs is faster FF movespeed (around noed movespeed for a 115 killer, so they can't be looped as much), fast vault to be back, Frenzy requiring at least 10% of the gauge to be used again, better add-ons, a different status effect than deep wound specific for Legion so future changes to Borrowed time doesn't affect half his power.

Feral Frenzy can't down directly so there is no reason for it to be that limited, as long as the stun stays at a reasonable value so they can't get a free down out of frenzy it will balance out movespeed buffs for chases.

• RIP_LegionRIP_Legion Member Posts: 425

He's not fine, they nerfed parts of him that had no business being nerfed. Vault speed/Frenzy speed didn't need to be touched, even with a good chunk of the timer left if they vault a pallet you will not be able to get to them in time, that slow vault gives them way too much time to run and make your power worthless. Using it as a mobility tool isn't possible unless it's a mad dash for the hatch, the severe cooldown makes it so it's not worth using to sprint if you aren't using addons.

His addons are laughable with only 2-3 being seriously viable now (cooldown, Duration, and Iridescent). The stab wounds study and Frank's mixtape are actually pointless.

He has no anti loop, calling his power anti loop is a sad joke unless you run Bamboozle with cooldown addons against absolute potatoes and even then it does nothing to pallets unless you run his rarest addon.

He doesn't need another rework, he needs the devs to actually try, the rework was such a bad fix it was hilarious, they just made him another 115% killer with no thought put behind it. They need to rework his addons, as I said there are addons (Expensive addons) that do absolutely nothing and then there's the detection addons which are only to be used with Monitor to make up for the lost range, otherwise serve no purpose other than to see people run away from a farther distance which usually does nothing till very late game.

Honestly if they reverted his vault speed change, upped his frenzy speed/brought back the speed addons, and made worthless addons like the two I mentioned serve a purpose I would be genuinely satisfied. But we won't get this will we, we'll get spat on and have to wait months to a year for a few changes. Its blatant they don't care about Legion otherwise annoying bugs like being pallet stunned during frenzy and getting blinded would be fixed (I know there were worse bugs at the time but it would be nice to see some love)

• RIP_LegionRIP_Legion Member Posts: 425

Hah, I almost forgot about the pins. You know the ones that do nothing until you waste your own time double hitting someone ensuring that he gets away. "Can't heal for 60 seconds" yeah well if I just ended frenzy I'd down him and guarantee he doesn't get healed myself. "Prevents against insta heals" lol

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2019

Watch em nerf the FReddy too. Did you like the ghostface changes? YES. Ok, we will be nerfing him :)

edited July 2019

There already is a post about him being overpowered. Not even a day yet and it has begun

• TalmeerTalmeer Member Posts: 1,085

I bet they will find some time to nerf freddy, if enough survivors asking for it.

... And we can still wait a feeled century for a buff :|

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 5,364

What!? NO! NOED is 4% while current frenzy is 10%. That would make him 6% slower!

Right now FF is 125% MS. It used to be 132%.

• BadMrFrostyBadMrFrosty Member Posts: 588
    edited July 2019

Just make it so that FF can down injured survivors not affected by the deep wounds status effect. This would actually make it fairly powerful and encourage survivors to heal after mending. Additionally, it would provide Legion with the ability to follow up successful M1's with a quick down while still having the option to use FF to initiate.

Surveying might be a great way to gauge how the community feels about Legion. Could ask questions such as: Fun to play as/against? Is the stun duration fair? Is vaulting in ferel frenzy too slow? Should Legion have deep wound removed from their power in place of something else?

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 9,489

Yes.

They want fun, so let's thell them if it is, no? 😊

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 9,489

Should give an in-game notification as well to warn as many people as possible.

Please do send out a widespread notification. This is important

• PluPlu Member Posts: 1,209

Current one is that fast? Doesn't feel like it, in any case you get what I meant, they need to be faster in FF because it's way too slow.

What about the others changes I proposed btw?