Are you ready to see the Cursed Legacy trailer?
UPDATE: Upon further investigation, we are happy to say that no members of the Dead by Daylight forums had their data compromised in the breach over the past weekend. All passwords have been reset as a precautionary measure, please be sure to update your password as soon as possible using the password reset button.

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused!
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Remove Dream Snares Keep Dream Pallets

Dream Pallets are just honestly better Snares are garbage remove them and just make pallets base kit.

Comments

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 4,412

Yeah I hate that they already wasted time making the snares but they're just bad. They should honestly just be removed, change the addons and make the dream pallets his base ability. It's gonna be really annoying being forced to use an addon for dream pallets when you want to play him.

• JdsgamesJdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

I was just about to make a thread like this. "How about we just forget about snares"

With that change I would slightly nerf the setting time. But it is amazing watching a survivor clutch that loop for a bloody pallet to break.

• PBlackIIPBlackII Member Posts: 81

I agree, even as playing survivor I have to really sit there and wonder if the dream snares are even affecting me. The dream pallets are fun and challenging, so make those the base and remove dream snares altogether.

• NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 3,655

Agreed.

If the snares stay in the game, I'll always use one of the add-ons for fake pallets.

• Zucker_SchockZucker_Schock Member Posts: 32

I disagree, i like the snares more, had some rank 1 games, survivors know each fake pallet and play around it. Snares always work if placed correctly and stop loops.

@Zucker_Schock The thing is, survivors can't always know which pallets are fake.

In comparison i had way more snares trigger and win me the chase than pallets.

You can start placing snares right when the game starts and place one, while in chase at the start of the loop, which has an immediate impact.

You can only start placing fake pallets after you broke them, costing you tempo. And some experienced survivors make mental map of most pallets in wake state.

I like that snares are his base kit and hope they dont switch it.

@Zucker_Schock If you like the Snares more, go for it. I'll go for the pallet add-ons. :)

Btw: Please use the "@"tag if you want to let others know that you replied to them. Quotes don't give notifications.

Also if pallets are in his basekit survivors expect that pallets will be fake.

Its also inconsistent since some maps have more pallets and some maps have less. Snares are all in all more consistent since they can be placed everywhere. After some time people will learn to play around pallets but snares cant easily be countered.

@NoShinyPony Okay thanks for the hint, i didnt know that. The Forum is also a little buggy for me right now, cant edit comments and such.

@Zucker_Schock Yeah, it's also buggy for me. Sometimes it also doesn't let me tag. :( We have to deal with it.

• BadMrFrostyBadMrFrosty Member Posts: 373

For the kind of character Freddy is, I can't believe this is the best they could come up with in TWO YEARS. I feel like they didn't even start working on this until a couple months ago, since both of his powers are just carryovers from other killers. His original power might have been a detriment, but at least it was different. His selection of unique builds also seemed greater with his old kit, and his add-ons were actually pretty decent. But I knew the second 2018-2019 BVHR was going to rework him that he'd either turn out weak, bland, or rushed. Likely all three. I can't even use the english language to express how disappointed I am at how void of creativity this rework is.