The 3.5.0 update is starting to roll out today! For more info, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/121902/
Please be sure to check here before reporting any new issues: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/122269/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

My Thoughts in Freddy from a Survivor PoV

My thoughts on Freddy.

So mind you, I've strictly played survivor because to hell with that que time lol.

It's kinda hard to pin down where he stands. The reason for this being that I get rocks for teammates frequently on the PTB. I say rocks and not potatoes because at least a potato can power a lightbulb if hooked up to one right. Simply put, I've not had a match yet where I've simultaneously had decent teammates and a decent Freddy. It's usually one or the other.

Now then THAT SAID, I feel like Dream Snares are underrated. I will agree, they're not terrific, but I don't feel like they deserve the flak I've seen a lot of youtubers and streamers give them. If you're a smart Trapper or Hag, you know already exactly what to do with these and should theoretically have a decent time with them.

Dream pallets are also an interesting story. It becomes a memory game and people that don't have a good memory are going to suffer greatly at the hands of the pallets and instantly call for their nerfing. I am curious as to the point of the aura reading granted by the rarer versions of these add-ons? But I suppose it's a good strategy for the first hit. Beyond that though it's kinda a worthless tack on.

The generator teleport is one of his larger weaknesses. It looks great. Terrific concept. Takes too damn long, has too many trumpets signaling "Hey dipshits! I'm coming here!", and the cooldown for it seems ridiculous. Either keep the cooldown and channel time the same and reduce the amount of signaling that Freddy is coming, or keep all those trumpets blaring of Freddy's arrival but shorten the channel time and/or the cooldown.

Comments

• PwnyFishPwnyFish Member Posts: 70

Whats the cooldown of dream projection? It doesnt say in the patchnotes, for some reason. I honestly dont know why the devs dont give out these informations..

• CyberianFauxCyberianFaux Member Posts: 124
    edited July 2019

I deleted this because I found the numbers and don't have permissions to delete my own posts >->

• mcNuggetsmcNuggets Member Posts: 767

In my opinion gen teleport is the strongest one out of them all, but that's just my opinion.

• KabuKabu Member Posts: 822

Ooone two Freddys' coming for you. Threeee four better lock the door...

• KhroalthemadbomberKhroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 908

Oh don't get me wrong it's strong but it's just WAY too easy just to bugger off before he fully forms due to all the alerts you have of him coming.

• gantesgantes Member Posts: 1,388

I think the point of it isn't to get first hits, it's to ensure the Freddy player applies pressure to the right place at the right time.

I don't know how strong or weak it is because as you said, matchmaking is ass in the PTB and people meme around a lot. I do think it's gonna be decent as is though. Especially if people don't wake up and the cooldown stays as low as 20s.

• AetherBytesAetherBytes Member Posts: 966

The reason for this being that I get rocks for teammates frequently on the PTB. I say rocks and not potatoes because at least a potato can power a lightbulb if hooked up to one right

The hard [BAD WORD] chuckle that got to me, jesus...

Ahhh is that the "everyone's asleep" cooldown with that add-on? Yeah that doesn't seem too bad. Comparatively though, Mint Rag Hag, which while similiar is also different, has a cooldown of only 15 seconds. Mind you that IS an ultra-rare add-on so it's not exactly apples to apples but it is similiar enough.

So glad you enjoyed it ^_^ I was quite proud with it's literary conception.

• gantesgantes Member Posts: 1,388

Even without the addon isn't the cooldown reduced by 15% for each survivor in the dream world?

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 3,293

So the Gen teleporting is interesting, you can mindgame Gens making Survivors think you're coming but choose not to. The problem is that good Survivors, me, won't fall for that until the very last second because it could be a mindgame. Maybe he's coming, maybe he isn't but I'm doing this Gen and he has to stop me.

Now with that in mind the whole point of letting Survivors know he's coming is so that they get off the Gen and run and then Freddy creates pressure by kicking the Gen and looking for his target. If they didn't know he was then they wouldn't get off, like me, and keep doing the Gen and maybe even finish it just as he gets there.

So it's kind of a choose how the ability should work, should Teleporting be a Gen pressure tool or should it be something to get the drop on Survivors?

• FrozenscumFrozenscum Member Posts: 393

I see teleport as movement tool rather then chase tool. Freddy can choose generator he wants to be at after hooks with PGTW, he can choose generator across the map to find and start chase, he can choose generator close to totem he wants to protect. He can choose generator to juke survivor into running into him while cancelling teleport last second.

It is pretty versatile tool, but base cooldown time should be lower.