Home PTB Feedback Archives 3.1.0 PTB Gameplay Feedback
The 4.3.1 Bugfix Patch drops today. For release times and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/201738

This is the DBD problem.

I think that Otzdarva did a video on this with the Ghostface ptb.

After thinking a lot and seeing this ptb, now I'm absolutely convinced that this is the BHVR problem.

They have NO IDEA what they are doing. What do I mind? Just look at the Freddie block addons. Look at the furtive chase perk. Look at the Legion "rework". 

When you are running a company, you need to be as efficient as posible. This people is wasting MONEY and TIME doint things that are ABSOLUTLY BS. They are spending money and time on things that no one is gonna use (at leas at a serious level). Look at the Jane Romero perks. Yes, I know, head on is funny and all but lets be serious. This are all meme builds.

The point is that this devs are doing all this [BAD WORD] because they just dont understand the game at our level. Anyone above rank 10 can tell most of the problems the new killer/perks have only by reading it. This devs come to the stream and tell us "ohh yea Ghostface has an interest interaction with survivors because they can take out his power by spoting him". Now Ghostface is mid tier at best WHAT A SURPRISE. "Ohh yea furtive chase alows you to confuse survivors at a chase" ITS ONE OF THE WORST PERKS IN THE GAME, but they think they are doing something interesting. 

What Im trying to say is that this devs are not bad, they can not work in this game and play it at our same level, but as many others devs do, they MUST take a group of high players and balance the game with the opinion of someone how understand the game.

I dont wanna be unrespectfull, but you made an hemorrage addon for freddie. You spend money and time on something how is not even a joke.

TL DR; How many times do you need to see Mathieu being destroyed by a gruop of koreans in order to take a better balance team? :)

PD: Not native English, forgive my spellign pleas.

PD2: BUFF GHOSTFACE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

Comments

• Zucker_SchockZucker_Schock Member Posts: 261

I agree, sometimes they really have ... strange decisions. One of the major problems is also, that they seem to balance around low-mid rank. Even though they maybe have most players in that category these ranks tend to not know what really is the matter with the game. They really shouldn´t listen to everyone equally but decide which players have the most credibility.

• Atrushan88Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,065

I highly disagree on Furtive Chase being the worst perk in the game. It definitely has some nice synergies and that's not even with the terror radius changes. Switching the obsession after hooking one is super useful on it's own with certain obsession perks.

Also Monstrous Shrine is obviously the worst killer perk in the game, or the worst perk in general.

• gambit92gambit92 Member Posts: 55

The reason they reworked killers is because the pansy player based complained they [BAD WORD] asses off. So all your points are invalid on them as a company. The game will never be balanced because the argument of 4v1 and swf. People just can't accept some killers are better than others along with perks. Yet the devs work endlessly to try to not upset people. Amd hmm the player base has grown for a 3 year old game which isnt hard to do but they don't know what their doing. Wheres your game id love to see it?

• ShapedShaped Member Posts: 638

I would love to see you do better.

• FrozenscumFrozenscum Member Posts: 393

@Atrushan88

When you say so - you need to input builds with those certain obsession perks. Otherwise it is just dull talk.

Which one of obsession perks has synergy with Furtive Chase?

Dark Devotion? One [BAD WORD] perk synergies with another [BAD WORD] perk for [BAD WORD] outcome? Or even not synergies?

Dying Light? Obviously, no

PWYF? Once again, no, you better go for unhooker, losing obsession in process and gaining speed to catch unhooker faster.

Rancor? No, again, doesn't matter whom to kill in the end.

Remember me? Well, you can get stacks a bit faster maybe, or maybe even slower, if unhooker is better looper. Doesn't matter whom to hit 4 times, also you want your obsession dead before last gen pops, so killing already once hooked guy is easier.

SBFTL? Just no, constantly switching obsession will make you lose tokens much faster.

Please, open your secret, which one of those has nice synergies with Furtive Chase?

I agree that Furtive Chase is one of the worst perks in game which does absolutely nothing, but helps survivor.

Who even cares of TR heartbeat while in chase, you are in CHASE, Killer is behind you, you are watching back for his movements, you are tracking Red Stain and mindgaming. You have heartbeat vaguely heard, thus hearing much better Killer's movement. It is survivor's perk in Killer's kit.

• Seltas0208Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056

Actually it's kinda useful to use with play with your food, the more your obsession changes the easier it is to gain stacks. And then again it kinda encourages tunneling because you want to let your obsession escape only after you down the injured survivor to get a stack and another hook. But it's still highly niche and tbh I'd suggest to the devs to finish this year's roadmap and then just spend an entire year balancing the game and adding more general perks slowly throughout the year

• CoffengMinCoffengMin Member Posts: 862

ghostface is fine i see a lot of them geting from 2-4k almost every time

• Devil_hit11Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 420

It's not like BHVR does not get feedback. It's just that when even a single survivor player complains about some new X killer. They're likely to listen to that. I mean, that's why freddy got nerfed in the past, It's why ghostface got nerfed and every other killer at release. It's kind of funny because they start to wonder why they face same 3-4 killers for many games in a row. There was a bug with play with your food that made fugitive chase an ok perk because you could keep play with your food stacks when downing someone, but it was removed.

• tehshadowman33tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

Eh.

At least you can put Monstrous Shrine in a meme build.

You can't do that with Overwhelming Presence, really.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 7,636

Overwhelming Presence, Sloppy Butcher, Coulrophobia...Distressing?

Screw yo medkits build?

• gantesgantes Member Posts: 1,611

@Janick

I'm fine with not all perks being made to be meta. That'd be impossible to manage.

I would, however, like to know the reasoning behind some of the Freddy add-ons. There are so many cool things to do with his kit (the snares could use some good add-ons related to them), but for some reason you guys insisted on slapping the same cookie cutter status effects (Blindness and freaking Hemmorhage which doesn't do anything if you're not running Bloodhound which no one runs).

I overall like the Freddy rework, I'm just interested to know 1. why the snares were left so underwhelming in relation to their add-ons and 2. why you seem so scared on making a killer that's menacing at high ranks, espcially if they have a high skill cap, meaning they won't be pubstompers.. Playing Nurse and Spirit all the time gets old. REALLY fast. That's why people derank.

Snares simply don't seem like they do enough in their current iteration. Please adress that before he hits live servers.

• DaS_onlyDaS_only Member Posts: 656

I agree with you. The devs are creating new perks just for the sake of cresting new perks. There is meaning behind it, no really tool to use in higher ranks. It's just there to make the grind even more unbearable and to have a selling point.

Lets be honest here, most of the time only 1 perk of a new character is good (at best) the rest garbage. They waste time, money and our time (grinding) by creating all the other stuff.

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I am absolutely positive that the add-ons for Freddy, more specifically the Blocks and the criticism towards them is not from a place of bias.

The Snares not being effective, just as Clown's gas is not effective without add-ons is also not from a place of bias, it comes from analysis and experience. But when it comes just us making perks and other powers, yes it can totally 100% happen and it has happened a lot, completely agree. I myself have made some questionable ideas and I know that so I'm not saying my ideas are perfect either.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 7,195

Could you give me an example of how an opinion would not be biased?

There seems to be a large portion of people on these forums that interpret biased as simply having a different opinion that they don't agree with.

Does saying killers need lots of buffs make someone biased? How about if they also added that they do indeed play both sides equally at rank 1? You see my point?

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,215

They have made a lot of trash perks recently but I'd rather have these "meme"perks than get a perk like MoM again on killer or survivor side. Although I would like some of their new perks to be a bit stronger.

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 2,765
    edited July 2019

You guys forget that not everyone plays this game in a competitive way, there is a lot of room for funny and random stuff because the people that enjoy them do exist.

Besides, this attide of you knowing better than everyone it's just arrongance and won't bring your points much further.

• MikeadatrixMikeadatrix Member Posts: 818

I need you to seriously tell me with a straight face that Freddy's block addons are good, furtive chase is a decent perk, and that the Legion "rework" wasn't a joke. There's a big difference between having stuff be for fun and fun only and having them be useless. God, just tweaking a few numbers here and there would make joke/useless perks actually decent! There's no reason to run something that hinders me instead of 4 meta perks that are confirmed to be useful. And arrogance? Really? It's our fault for voicing our minds when the Devs balance around rank 20-15? Freddy was shotgun nerfed because of this. Excuse us for knowing a game that we've been playing consistently for over three years better than the Devs who I guarantee you have only a handful, if that, of red rank players on their team.

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

@Mikeadatrix I agree, there is a difference between playing something that's fun and playing something that's fun that doesn't work. It's like having an awesome Nerf gun but find out it only shoots about half a foot away because the basic design inside is crap and not meant to actually shoot anything with distance.

• NikkiwhatNikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,147
    edited July 2019

It's almost like an addiction for the Devs to have add-ons that do the Blind/Hemorrhage gimmick....which are utterly useless...if the Z-Block gave the Exhaustive effect for snares and maybe something else, it be a fantastic add-on to make the Blood Snares actually dangerous ...but nope...gimmicky crap that honestly has zero effect at anything worthwhile for the game.

I'm absolutely happy with the rest of the add-ons and the Freddy rework on,paper looks fantastic...which is exactly how I felt with Ghost Face once he went live....and then they had to tweak him and his add-ons to make it easier for Survivors to stomp out his Power. The restalking on a marked target was needed to be removed, but making it easier to reveal Ghost Face AND nerf his Stalking while seems small, still sends the message that Killers (the new ones) are released on a chopping block with the Devs holding the cleaver above em....

I really hope they don't "tweak" Freddy after release other than his worthelss add-ons....

Post edited by Nikkiwhat on
  • ReddRedd Member Posts: 826
    edited July 2019

@Janick

Perk to stop survivor bleeding? Wouldn't be overpowered because in order to hide effectively you'd also need Iron Will, and combined that's two perk slots you can't use for other things like Decisive, Bond, Sprint Burst, etc.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,706

Overwhelming Presence, Coulorphobia, Unnevering presence, Distressing for the "stay the [BAD WORD] out of my terror radius" build.

• KabuKabu Member Posts: 926
  • Dabrownman1812Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,810

Also cause peeps don't run detection perks like that for some reason

• HaraakHaraak Member Posts: 80

Im afraid that you didnt understand the point of the post. At all. Exactly as you do with the game.

The point is that you dont know how to balance it, you dont know wich things are bad or op, you just make changes and killers and perks without sense. Just look at the streams about new killers, you talk about those things like "wuoooh look at this this is so interesting for the players because they can play arround it etc etc", and then it gets out... and surprise surprise its bs. In the Ghostface stream they said that Ghostface was getting an audio clue when on stealth... ANYONE above rank 15 would think that this is a good idea.

But its not an attack. I just wanna point the fact that you need a team of high level players in order to fix the terrible balance issues in DBD, just like other companies do (for honor, league of legends, etc). More than a half of the killers in the game feel super weak in red rank. I can still make 4k with wraith (wich good addons but hey), but in an assimetrical game I should feel like the guy in the power, only having a bad time when the 4 weak parts make a good team play. But right now just 1 solo survivor can make you feel like a weak part, looping you for ever. And you still nerf Ghostface (looking for buffs in the new patch btw).

• BongbingbingBongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

It's pretty obvious that the Devs don't understand the game as much as experienced players, I really feel like they need a group of experienced players to help them with decisions.

Almost every release there's glaring balance issues or perks/add ons that are basically useless. Just look at Ghostface his whole power is poorly designed. Why have a stealth killer whos power is taken away by survivors looking at him when you have SWF in the game?

and then you have instances like Mettle of man which I'm convinced was a cash grab, They can't possibly be that bad at balance...

• ReddRedd Member Posts: 826

@Janick

A perk that stops survivor bleeding without being broken all game?