Home PTB Feedback Archives 3.1.0 PTB Gameplay Feedback
The September 2020 Developer Update is now available.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/194208

Bring back the old freddy

who for write here! Let the developers see it and bring the old Freddy back! he got tired of everyone and there was a balance

Old Fredy is the best!!!

Comments

• VBykaVByka Member Posts: 4
    who for what would return write here! 

• CaeruleusCaeruleus Member Posts: 55

Dude please don't start this crap ffs

• VBykaVByka Member Posts: 4

Dude, he doesn’t need a change, he is so good!

• GhostrickSpecterGhostrickSpecter Member Posts: 460

Sounds like someone love using a trash old Freddy which his power doesn't make him a threat! SMH

• ShrekIsHotShrekIsHot Member Posts: 3,179

How about no thanks, Old Freddy had no strength at all.

• KabuKabu Member Posts: 926

No thank you

• FrozenscumFrozenscum Member Posts: 393
    edited July 2019

Ppl who say current Freddy has no strength and weak - never played him properly and never played against good Freddy obviously.

For some reason ppl determine power by beeing able to stop totem cleansing and unhooks. Freddy is stalling machine, I never run any Hex perks on him, he has build-in Ruin, build-in tracking, mindgames on transition, low-profile and vague red stain in Dream world. I've reached red ranks with Freddy pretty easily with new emblems, when I was playing him a lot. And I dont even consider myself as good Freddy, I've seen much better ones when was playing survivor at red ranks.

• gantesgantes Member Posts: 1,611

How about a big fat no

Freddy Krueger is a legendary character and didn't deserve to be represented by that pathetic excuse for a killer. Now he's much closer to honoring his legacy in this game.

• TheBeanTheBean Member Posts: 2,320

too late.. LULs!

• ElusivePukkaElusivePukka Member Posts: 680

Old Freddy required a different style of play on the part of the killer, like Plague did, like Legion did, like Ghostface did: it's why all of them had to be changed. BHVR doesn't like uniqueness, it's why new killers are just combinations of old concepts, and why reworks are just gonna be pulling things in line with the rest of the 'normal' gameplay.

I really liked old Freddy, it devastated low ranks and was consistently good up through purple ranks if one was skilled enough - but it required basically maining Freddy, which would hobble players trying to use other killers.

Overall, I wish there were an option to pick an updated classic or neuFred. Drop the snares, make dream pallets his main, then make old freddy the alternate power.

• PluPlu Member Posts: 1,209

That's the complete opposite actually, old one had better potential than the ptb one who's restricted to 2 playstyles.

Current one has different builds and playstyle but his strongest is stall Freddy which required alot of micro to play well.

I think you just never bothered to learn him because he wasn't a basic and braindead m1 killer, which is his weakest build.

• Mat_SellaMat_Sella Member Posts: 1,547

Old Freddy cant come to the phone right now...

• typervadertypervader Member Posts: 116

Old Freddy was not good for the game . Unfun to play vs and as.

• Boosted_DwightBoosted_Dwight Member, Trusted Posts: 2,791

Never! >:D

• SomeissuesSomeissues Member Posts: 1,377

Are you drunk? Old Freddy is weakest killer next to Legion

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,215

So many people didn't know how to play him so now all the Freddy mains get to see their killer destroyed in front of their very eyes I'd like an option to switch between new and old freddy but we know that won't happen.

• Ron4884Ron4884 Member Posts: 7

Напишу по русски, так как у разработчиков имеется переводчик! Новый грядущий Фредди отвратительный! У него всего пару преимуществ в игре "телепорт к генераторам" и ловушки поддонов, замедляющие ловушки вообще никчёмные, а также сам сон стал вообще бесполезный!

У старого Фредди более эффективные преимущества: 1. Он может бегать за одним выжившим и другие выжившие ему вообще не помеха 2. Для игроков со связью очень трудно понять где находится Фредди. 3. То что он по ауре может без проблем определить где находятся остальные выжившие! 4.Выжившим реально мешает сон Фредди. + Игра за старого гораздо интересней! 

Пожалуйста не делайте изменение Фредди!!!

• MrSunbroMrSunbro Member Posts: 111

Let's be happy they already put in the work so there is no way this idea will EVER go through and keep him trash tier

@GhostrickSpecter

Yes, he can stop loops by not even start them in first place. You dont chase ppl mindlessly with Freddy, you use transition time to mindgame and land a hit. You dont need to chase ppl in sleep, unless you are certain chase will end fast, example, survivor is running into dead area with no pallets and strong loops.

No, he cant, but he uses transition time for mindgames. You can change transition time with addons if you need to.

Yes, it does help him in chases, read above. Dream world hinders vision of survivor, Freddy is low profile and vague red stain. Learn how to use it.

Yes, he can, properly used, his power gives him ability to land 2 hits after 2 transitions - 14 seconds of chase to down survivor.

Once again, if you never bothered to learn how to use Freddy, please shut up and listen to ppl who master him (I'm not the one of them, but I've reached red ranks with Freddy after emblems rework). If your mindset is such narrow, that you can't accept different use of power aside from "end chases around pallets", I cant really help you.

Current Freddy is very fun to play with once you understand that he is not mindless M1 hask of a killer - "i see you, i chase you", like 80% of others.

• KabuKabu Member Posts: 926
    edited July 2019

You know who else can try to mindgame? Every other killer...

You know who else else can try to mindgame? New Freddy...

Freddy can mindgame using his flickering of invisibility. You know who else can do this? Noone of other Killers.

Freddy can mindgame using his flickering of invisibility. You know who else can't do it? New Freddy.

• JdsgamesJdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
  • gantesgantes Member Posts: 1,611

Once again, no matter how much fun you had playing Freddy, he's bad for the game in his current iteration.

A killer that can only win by making the game last for 30 minutes, waste everyone else's time and promote a very unfun match for anyone but the killer is unhealthy, period.

Your fun isn't more important than anyone else's.

edited July 2019

So, having another M1 killer with Power similar to another 2 Killers is good for game? Tell me more about it please.

Waste time? 30 minutes? You either have no idea how to play as Freddy, or against Freddy, or even both. My games with or against never lasted more then 15 minutes, not longer than any other Killer.

Doc with 3gen build wastes so much more time. I have fun playing against Freddy, it is much more entertaining than playing against [BAD WORD] Nurse or Billy, which are every other game above rank 5.

Nurse is bad for game, having no counterplay at all. Reacting Nurse with 3 blinks impossible to juke or lose. And when she start to slug it is so [BAD WORD] entertaining and good for game experience. I've seen so much times when twitchers are "teaching" how to juke Nurses, while everytime they face reacting Nurse they fall like autumn leaves in 2 blinks and try to explain that Nurse "made a good read". She didnt, she was playing reactively with no brains involved.

Freddy is not even close to that level of frustration if you play against him. He require another mindset to play as, and against. Plays against him involve more teamplay, just like in movies - you need friends to fight him, alone you're doomed.

If your only fun in game is to hold M1 for 2 minutes and run in circles for another 2 minutes, well ppl like you are reason BHVR destroy every fun and unusual Killer.

Well done.

Post edited by ceridwen309 on
  • ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 1,308

I don't have any skin in the Freddy game. I would like to point out that multiple thousand plus hour players from both sides have been saying for years that Freddy wasn't good. Now, you may be able to use your argument to cover the entire forum if we are to be generous in the slightest sense. Yet, what about the talking heads that everyone points to when these discussions come up? The ones with thousands of hours playing both survivor and killer as well as the more biased "mains"? It would be hard to say that the people with the most hours, most skill, and most observable footage could have been wrong for 2yrs.

Then you have the devs right out of the gate saying they weren't fond of Freddy's current power set and it felt not very thematic or healthy. Freddy is the first full rework of a power instead of a butchered update. So in that 2yr time span where they've been collecting data on Freddy's performance and monitoring the public discourse which included all of the Freddy mains and talking heads. They still somehow missed the mark with what the majority wanted?

If there is one thing that has been pretty constant is that when the majority speaks they do eventually listen. The results may vary wildly from expectation, but they will act. People have went against great Freddy players and people know how to play Freddy to a high degree. That doesn't make the killer some unknown god. It just means that people put the time into the killer to make it work, but what you've made work isn't that great to begin with. You apply that same effort to anything lacking in sound design you can get its best out of it. The best of a bad thing is still ultimately bad.

Old Freddy can stall for days. That cuts both ways as if he doesn't do that he's dead in the water. Fundamentally, that isn't healthy or fun for either side. You're giving 150% effort to produce the same kind of returns that another player with another killer can get with less effort overall. I respect the desire to put the work in, but you shouldn't have to. All the extra work you put into mindgames, which is an on brand Freddy aspect, nets you the same return as standardized mindgames. That sucks. You as a player deserve better. Most players who dump time and energy into a killer outside the top 5 deserve better.

edited July 2019

Let me be clear of my position.

Old Freddy is unique character. He needs different approach to play him.

New Freddy is just powers of 2 other Killers tweaked and put for choice to use.

Reworking Freddy for 2 years to give us this is embarassing.

As majority says Freddy needs rework. Fine. I agree. But this one is not rework Freddy deserves and needs.

EDIT:

Some of the changes are good:

1. Putting into Dream by initial hit
    2. Range flickering at certain distance and invisibility
    3. Terror radius while awake and nondirectional lullaby in Dream
    4. Generator teleportation for better mobility

Other changes are bad

1. Snares are worse Clown's gas, Pallets are fun for a first while.
    2. Aura reading removed
    3. Slowdown removed
    4. More ways to wake up
    5. Passive Dreaming

Freddy could have much more entertaining powers while in Dream world, and ways to put Survivors in Dream apart from hitting them. Window traps, illusionary chests and totems, Freddy illusions in Dreams, windows vault teleporting, sound illusions, survivors teleportations.

And we have Clown's gas and Doc's pallets with Pig's clocks.

Post edited by Frozenscum on