Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Why aren't enough people playing survivor?

DaS_onlyDaS_only Member Posts: 656
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

Since weeks/months the killer Q times are insanely long at any rank. I even created another account to check rank 20-15, same results. And rank resets isn't helping at all, same long Qs.

I'm EU and tried it from morning till evening night, nothing. 10 minutes at least.

Comments

• DaS_onlyDaS_only Member Posts: 656

Are you EU aswell? I don't have any luck with Q times, every day at any time 10+ minutes (just to have a 5 minutes match lol)

• The_DaydreamerThe_Daydreamer Member Posts: 585

I am play in EU too and my Q Time is fine. Max. 20 seconds and thats it.

I was Rank 1 before the 13th and after that I was Rank 8 or something like that after I played some trials.

The same as killer.

• George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Devs have been gradually closing the difficulty balance between for some time. While survivor is still the more relaxing role, now it can be tough sometimes. Unfortunately, for a good ratio of survivors/killers they can't go perfectly balanced. People like easy games. If the remaining balance issues were to be fixed, there would be a lot less survivors and long ass waiting times for killers.

The other reason is BP, but survivor BP gain will soon be increased, so maybe at least this is gonna get fixed, giving some more incentive to play survivor.

• LaakeriLaakeri Member Posts: 835

Low to mid ranks killer ques are horrible while in red ranks they are instant. I hope next patch gives people incentive to play more survivor as they are able to gain bp much easier.

• FredKruegerFredKrueger Member Posts: 265

East Coast PS4! I feel your pain. Can't get decent matches until at least 3pm here. Then, all the toxic SWF groups after 8pm. What a joy they are.

🤦‍♂️

• FredKruegerFredKrueger Member Posts: 265

Really? All I see is survivors crying because there SWF group didn't all escape, tried to rescue there friend instead of escaping, but paid the price for it, then blame the killer for camping, being toxic, tunneling, and not playing by the survivors rule book. Sound about right?

• JawsIsTheNextKillerJawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,157

I'm not convinced there is a lack of survivors/too many killers as the matchmaking always took a hard hit every time they changed it to the new one.

Having saying that, the fact that killers were all given as many Grusome Gateaux as they could eat would certainly swing the player base towards playing killer.

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 4,290
    edited July 2019

It doesn't take many to move over to create a large imbalance.

20k players so you need 4k killer and 16k survivor.

If as little as 200 survivors move over to play killer that means you need 1000 more survivors. 800 to match with them and 200 to make up for those who switched over. Thats 5% of the playerbase due to a small amount moving over.

There isn't a quick fix for someone switching roles as it may be due to a multitude of reasons. Maybe its the gameplay, grind, too easy or hard for them, boredom of that role etc.

Post edited by twistedmonkey on
  • TalmeerTalmeer Member Posts: 1,520

I guess playing survivor would be more fun, if survivors would be different in their abilitys. At the moment it is so imo, that you play 1 survivor and then nothing special comes anymore.

Would be nice if survivors would have special abilitys like killers. What know I... Maybe one survivors vaults faster, runs faster, repairs gens faster... Of course with drawbacks to balance this out.

The fast running guy as example should not really be good at gen repairing as example.

But maybe I see this wrong, - I am a killer main and can only say what I would like to see by survs.

• CoffengMinCoffengMin Member Posts: 862
    edited July 2019

hard for lower ranks , i mean , red surv are still good and do well and decent. sadly, they arent the majority

• ArecBalrinArecBalrin Member Posts: 636

Can we get some solid statistics about the population imbalance? Because this thread is full of people speaking with absolute certainty that this is the case and the reason for recent match-making issues.

• Ember_HunterEmber_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

I agree, but I do fear the high ranks, since it seems so strict and requires that you be a professional to stay at the top. If there was a casual mode, I would play that all the time and keep my rank at green ranks, not too strict, not in a rank full of potential potatoes.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 5,805
    edited July 2019

I would imagine it's mostly because solo survivor can be rough, and most high rank killers compensate for high level, coordinated survivors by default to be safe (I'm guilty of it).

That being said, you don't need to run meta stuff to succeed as a solo survivor. I usually reach purple/red ranks with some combination of OoO, Head On, Quick and Quiet, DS, Unbreakable, Tenacity, and Stake Out. Survivor is more about playing smart and knowing where pallets and windows are than anything else. It's not so much a mechanical skill thing and more of a decision making thing, and I don't mean that in a negative way.

People complain that survivors have been nerfed, and maybe they have, but it was necessary and in no way prohibits solo survivors from succeeding with off-meta meme perks at high ranks. Compare that with a killer trying to do the same at red ranks and the result will often be very different. Survivor is still comparatively easy and way more chill, in my opinion.

• DaS_onlyDaS_only Member Posts: 656
    edited July 2019

I personally don't take playing survivor serious anymore. It's to frustating if you take it competetive as solo, my team mates always make me tilting. So I meme around, use head on etc and play around with the killer. Probably that's what people drive away from playing survivor: the solo experience is just to frustating. Not because of the killer but more because of your team mates.

Post edited by DaS_only on
  • darktrixdarktrix Member Posts: 1,790

That's a good attitude on it - a lot of sweaty killers could use that as well.

• fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Maybe they moved on to other games.

• PeepingPeacockPeepingPeacock Member Posts: 354

Killer takes a long time to que in low ranks because more people play them at those ranks, as you go up in ranks killer ques get shorter. So when rank resets happen it takes awhile for things to improve.

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@George_Soros I'd also like to add that the developers should make WGLF easier to stack (like getting a token for healing another survivor, on top of safe unhooks and protection hits) so that farming BP on a survivor becomes a bit easier.

There's literally nothing to lose there.