Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.6.0 PTB is now available on Steam. For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/231267

Fellow Killers, what's your take on the Ebony Mori?

Comments

• NurseMainBTWNurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531
    edited July 2019

You can't be serious. Do you know how powerful is to deny survivors their item? I won games because survivors insisted on trying to retrieve their items, and won many more because they lost precious seconds searching them or just giving them up.

Anyone saying FD is a troll perk really need to consider dropping killer completely. There's something else other than your precious Ruin/BBQ, try it.

The voice of truth.

• Im2ShrewdIm2Shrewd Member Posts: 77

I like Franklin’s Demise man, it can be a good time waster sometimes but it hardly “counters items” otherwise it would be a meta perk and would be used more.

But sure, I’ll go drop killer now cause you said so.

• NurseMainBTWNurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531

"Franklin is a troll perk"

"I like FD, It can be a good time waster"

Pick one.

There are other perks that deserve to be called troll perks such as Monstrous shrine or Insidious. Franklin's Demise is a blessing and it has the power to be gamechanging, it's up to you to make it work and create pressure... otherwise, just deal with the Instaheals or the Super commodious toolboxes on your own.

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 3,780

I typically have a rule only mori on death hook when you're using an ebony.

The only time I will break this rule is if the survivor is specifically going out of their way to be toxic and annoying, I mean they really have to annoy me or if I'm being gen rushed and I kinda need to get people out of the way quickly.

The death Hook rule just kind of benefits everybody.

I get more blood points.

More emblem opportunities

The survivors don't get cheated out by being killed after first hook.

The time it takes me to complete the mori is usually the time it would have taken me to get to hook anyway so it's not an oppressive force

edited July 2019

Pick one? Lolwut? It’s a troll perk, that’s the whole point of it. They waste a little bit of time picking items but it wont work as well against SWF, they’ll just have their friend pick it up for them while you’re busy chasing.

It’s a fun perk but hardly meta or gamechanging.

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 2,939
    edited July 2019

Personally I think the Green Mori is perfect as it is and the Yellow Mori is kinda useless.

The Ebony Mori is instead an unbalanced mess which I never use because it makes it really too easy. I could use the mori only after the 2nd hook, but at that point I'd rather use Devour Hope, which you have to earn and gives a nice feel just for that (plus, it's counterable).

Do away with it altogether and make the current Green single use Mori an Ultra Rare and change the old Yellow Mori to a Purple Very Rare mori that allows a single Mori after the gens are powered regardless of any hooks

Personally I like this suggestion.

• MrDardonMrDardon Member Posts: 1,736

Ebony Moris, Keys and Instaheals are the most bullshit things which exist in this game.

Cypress Moris should be basekit, Ivory Moris should have it's rarity increased and Ebony Moris should make it where you have to hook everybody once to kill one person. (Like BBQ, hook all 4 Survivors once, you can choose which Survivor you wanna kill, hook all 4 Survivors another time, you can chose one more Survivor which will let you kill a total of 2 Survivors)

Keys: Basically make it an channel action which takes 5 seconds and if the Killer interrupts you, the channel action gets cancelled. Because the insta-escape is pretty pretty bullshit in my opinion.

Instaheals: Nerf them to make them have the second BNP mechanic. The purple one will face you wiht 3 difficult skillchecks (first skill check will heal 33 % of the bar, second will heal another 33 % and the third will heal 34 % to make it 100 %)

Syringe will work the same as the purple instaheal when you use it to yourself but instead when you use it on a downed Survivors it will make you face 6 skill checks (you heal the Survivor up 2 health states)

Remove the -25 % and - 50 % charge debuff of the Instaheal addons

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,779

You could also make it a heal over time that is canceled if you are hit or picked up.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,779

Mori's are BS and should be treated accordingly.

• ElegantElegant Member Posts: 443

It needs a Nerf/rework. It's overpowered and overall just a really unfun mechanic that doesn't need to be in the game

• ShrekIsHotShrekIsHot Member Posts: 3,180

Don't see it too often, I tried it on a tryhard Freddy build, pre PTB Freddy. Bamboozle, Haunted Grounds, Dying Light and Discordance. I had a Ebony so I tunneled the Obsession to a DC, everyone was screwed, chained shots and mori'd all except 1, I had the no skillchecks add ons.

• KaoMinervaKaoMinerva Member Posts: 451

Mori is fine the way that it is. It was nerfed alongside BNP already!

• Ember_HunterEmber_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

So, as a killer, I hate using any ebony moris, even if the survivors was toxic to me. I think it just gives an unfair advantage that basically guarantees you will get at least a kill, and the requirement is extremely easy to obtain. Just seeing the mori gives fear, and there is no way to escape with a perfect game unless all survivors manage to never be caught. Ivory and Cypress are perfect, but ebony is a downside. It is problem to the game health, fun for the killer, but never fun with the survivor.

• YearOfThePigNerfYearOfThePigNerf Member Posts: 48

I never used them but with the amount of insta heals and BNP in my matches now I don't care anymore, use something op to fight something op.

• ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 1,315

Honestly, I'm not a fan of these ideas. That isn't to say I'm a fan of mori in their current state either. Ebony mori can be overkill and Cyprus mori can be almost useless. As offerings they take up space and generally survivors have a bad track record of respecting the mori when it is being used. As long as mori stay outside of the core gameplay loop they are always going to be viewed as something that should never happen and is both too easy to obtain.

Mori kills would be much better off being implemented into the core gameplay. I made a thread explaining how to do that and make everyone happy with, but it gets no real replies to it.

• GroxiverdeGroxiverde Member Posts: 756

Can I, as a killer main, get an advantatge when all 4 survivors bring good toolboxes with bnps/good addons? Or when 2-3 survivors escape by a key? Or when they pick haddonfield and all of them have balanced landing? Or when they are 4 swf (this is the most broken of them all)? No? So, no easy safety pip/mori nerf for survivors neither.

• sliptteesslipttees Member Posts: 666
    edited July 2019

Assassin complains of DS, MoM, BT and they were nerfed. Assassins always use offering Ebony Mori against a SWF. Why mori's can not be nerfed also by the "good" of the game. Why only surviving perks need to be nerfed?

• Ark_the_BonsaiArk_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 862

If only looking at moris I'd leave green and yellow as is, they're fine. Ebony though, I'd take that and make it so that you can mori one person who has previously been hooked per completed generator but only if they have been off of the hook for 60 seconds (so where D-Strike prevents a hook, the Ebony Mori's own design would prevent a tunnel kill). The gen stipulation also encourages allowing a small ammount of progress to make up for the fact that it takes one less hook to kill anyone.

This is still worth being a iridescent offering because it's effects remain the same, but now it's less powerful than a fully stacked Devour(which should always pay off more than some random unbreakable addon given it's downsides).

That's how I'd handle it anyway

• FrenziedRoachFrenziedRoach Member Posts: 1,711

Hey, if you want to make Ebony Mori's even more rare, I'm behind that.

But I cannot get behind seeing them nerfed. Sometimes you just need to put the fear of the Entity into a team.

• Maelstrom10Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,858

Your ideas are great!

i personally hate using moris. i don't like ending games early as i feel its unfair to the survivor, unless im using a key which doesn't technically end the game early for anyone else, and allows me to escape if im the last person.

eh maybe im to emphatic as a killer?

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,211

My biggest bone to pick with Mori's is that survivors don't get any ultra-rare offerings to counteract mori users.

• I think Mori's should be removed from the game, it's not fun to get removed from the game so easily and it makes it possible for the Killer to be really mean.

I think Mori's should be a thing that activates for Killer's based on how happy they have made the entity, every hooking + sacrifice and then when a number is reached you get to kill one yourself. Just as the item description says.

• ATerribleBillyATerribleBilly Member Posts: 69
    edited July 2019

I honestly think they're fine where they are. In my opinion, survivors and killers aren't suppost to be equal. I feel that asymmetrical horror games should have killers that have abilities and tools that are some what overpowered. I know that Dbd isn't really considered a "horror experience" like say Friday the 13th, which when it launched was extremely scary because of how powerful Jason was. Dead by daylight has kinda gravitated to more of a "competitive" style game with winners and losers. I just want atleast one gameplay element that still makes me afraid of the killer, one gameplay element that adds a bit of unpredictability to the game. Because running around knowing pretty much everything the killer is going to do, everything thing the killer is capable of doing isn't really scary. Moris really make me dread getting downed because I know I could possibly be knocked out of the game. But this is more of a casual survivor perspective.

Post edited by ATerribleBilly on
  • Swiftblade131Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 1,840
    edited July 2019

About as rare as a Super Toxic Assassination SWF Death Squad

STASDS for short

• JdsgamesJdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

Cipress as baseline is alright.

Ivory doesn't need a rarity change. - One person isn't that bad.

Ebony Mori: Drop the hook requirement make it ultra rare and can only be used on two survivors. You can't get mori'd if you don't get downed.

• YrutanYrutan Member Posts: 25

Personally, I dislike how the Cypress Mori is a joke and how the Ivory Mori is so strong you basically have no reason to use the Ebony Mori.

Essentially, I would be happy with the following changes :

Cypress Mori : Grants the ability to kill one Survivor who has reached the second hook stage and the last Survivor by your hand during the next trial.

Ivory Mori : Grants the ability to kill all Survivors who have reached the second hook stage and the last Survivor by your hand during the next trial.

Ebony Mori : Grants the ability to kill one Survivor who has been hooked and the last Survivor by your hand during the next trial.

In short,

Cypress is buffed

Ivory is restricted by the second hook stage but you can kill all 4

Ebony has now the current effect of both Cypress and Ivory

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 3,288

The reason I’ve never cared for Moris in this game is because most of the animations look boring. For instance, Wraith and Trapper look like they are spanking the survivor. Of course the they have been stepping up their game with the most recent ones so maybe they can revisit the older animations. They need to be more dramatic, perhaps even be able to hear the survivor screaming from the other side of the map.

The other part of me feels like once I’ve seen the animation I’m just bored and would rather chase that survivor (as it is the funnest part of the match for me) than take them out quick and as a result ending the match sooner.

I also feel that for me killing someone with a Mori should grant the killer some sort of temporary effect/reward if the mori was performed under certain conditions. I think it would add an interesting aspect to them.

• RoKruegerRoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

I love ebony moris. Please never change :-)

This discussion has been closed.