Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

Do something about spirit and nurse

Comments

• FeelsVeryBadManFeelsVeryBadMan Member Posts: 197

Nurse - Ignores everything the Survivors have and gives absolutely 0 ######### about your skill and how much experience you have. If you are a good Survivor with 5000 hours, your skill doesn't matter and it's all about the Nurse, if it's a good one, nobody cares you have experience. You are going to die no matter what.

Spirit - Same thing. If it's a good Spirit, your skill doesn't matter. Even if you were considered as the best Survivor in the game, you wouldn't be able to outplay a good Spirit, no matter how much you tried. Also, go to some streamers and ask them if they enjoy playing against her, go ahead. So many have already said she's the most annoying and unfun Killer to play against. It's a stupid guessing game and standing still is not an outplay.

BaLaNcEd KiLlErS bTw

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 2,699

Yeah nerf those killers for which their own skill actually matters. Not like there are 13 others killers who cannot perform on that level because their game is dictated by survivors.

• LarczLarcz Member Posts: 531

Corect if im wrong but if nurse blink more the longer is fatigue? Also mayby you should hide before nurse and try trick her or juck close to walls? Also i think you can change direction in last moment when she blinks.And about spirit use this perk from jake so he dont make sound when he stand still when he is on pain.

• KabuKabu Member Posts: 926

@FeelsVeryBadMan

Streamers are not the be-all and end-all for opininions/facts. Also, this is not a 1v1 game... Any killer should be able to end a chase within a reasonable amount of time. With Nurse, I can understand the call for nerfs but not Spirit.

Spirit is powerful, yes, but not overly so. Good survivors have a chance at escaping if she is good too. My advice would be to remain aware of when you are making sound and leaving scratch marks. Also, spine chill is an incredible perk and is beneficial againsts any killer other than tier one Myers. If you are never able to escape a good(or bad) Spirit then perhaps you should watch videos on how to counter her.

In short, learn how to better play against a good Spirit. All that needs to be changed with her is prayer beads.

• Swiftblade131Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,046

Why learn?

If we cry for nerfs enough it happens eventually.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 12,667

This isn't me throwing shade on either you or OP or anything, but I imagine OP being Dwight wearing a potato sack like Nurse and holding Spirit's samurai sword, and you're the Trapper wearing a Meg wig and Dwight's glasses. :P

• FeelsVeryBadManFeelsVeryBadMan Member Posts: 197

When did I say that streamers are the one and only? @Kabu

Spirit is very powerful and deserving of nerfs. Multiple people have already said that she's just not fun to play against and you can't do anything when in chase with her. Rarely has it ever worked for me to try and lose her. Good Spirits are simply like Nurses, your skill doesn't matter in that match. Are you really gonna tell me that "guessing" what the Killer is gonna do involves skill, especially when the Killer has almost no penalty for an unsuccessful attempt? Oh, please.

@Swiftblade131 So I guess the times when Killers did exactly the same don't count now, huh? Should I start listing stuff that Killers didn't want to learn how to counter and instead decided to flood the forums with their outcries?

• SluzzySluzzy Member Posts: 3,115

Both are fine. As long as SWF exists their add-ons are fine too

• MySpaceBarsBrokenMySpaceBarsBroken Member Posts: 167
    edited July 2019

Wait you dont enjoy playing against a killer that just appears on top of you with no terror radius or any audio que or counterplay whatsoever? If a spirit has a brain she can catch any walking survivor. counterplay is nonexistent by abusing her phase walking collision. Once you feel the survivor you've earned your free hit! Not to mention unbelievable mobility even in the tightest of areas. Or no window vaulting animation, yea that's fair.

• KaoMinervaKaoMinerva Member Posts: 451

Stop crying for NERFS already. Omegablink is fine. She just teleports further just like Billy. Git gud and learn to actually try to lose her with LOS blockers. Prayer Beads aren't in EVERY game. Stop the madness please.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,112

I guess you won’t be complaining about gen speeds or certain killers not being viable or you won’t be crying for buffs if Nurse gets nerfed?

• martin27martin27 Member Posts: 696

Looping is the new meta because most killers can't counter. Any killer who complains about it needs to git gud... what's that nurse and spirit aren't affected by looping... nurf the nurse and the spirit they're OP and break how the game is meant to ve played.

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Actually as a spirit main I know friends that main spirit as well and literally use prayer beads every match because of how easy they are to find.

• Swiftblade131Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,046
    edited July 2019

"If we cry for nerfs enough it happens eventually."

Never accused one side here, it was broad and included those that did, you assumed which side bud

It's similar to the term SnowFlake, broad, and most people won't say something about it unless they believe it applies to just them.

In before I get temp. banned for using broad and inclusive words again!

Oopsies!

• Spirit_HagSpirit_Hag Member Posts: 167

im so confused by people saying theres no counter to spirit. Even with the beads. The grass rustles when shes phasing, you can literally hear her feet slapping against the ground as she moves, she disturbs crows as she phases, theres literally a perk called spine chill that glows when your in LOS of the killer, the list goes on lol get you a pair of good headphones, get a good monitor/tv and get gud, and youll be fine. I think nurse and spirit are the most fun to go againt because you cant just bully them. You have to actually be good at the game to escape a good spirit/nurse player.

• Spirit_HagSpirit_Hag Member Posts: 167

Oh! and i forgot iron will. Direct counter to spirit as well FYI :)

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,227

While I agree with everything else, you are wrong that Spirit makes grass/corn move when she phases. The only thing that reacts to her when she phases are crows. And the footsteps thing is supposedly a bug, though I think it should be present if she uses Prayer Beads.

edited July 2019

@Spirit_Hag Thank you for further adding onto what counters Spirit has. It's incredible that people quote me stating she is uncounterable when I LISTED a couple of counters to her in said qoute.

What has been listed so far: She has footstep sounds and disturbs crows when phasing. Both of which are noticeable inside her terror radius. She also has an audio cue while phasing(when outside terror radius).

To add further, if you suspect she's faking her power then run towards and slow vault a window or flashlight her. When she messes up and is without relevant add ons her recharge time is slow which punishes her with 110% movement speed. If she chose recharge time addons that takes the place of other possible ones like speed or duration. If you make it into a guessing game you are playing against her wrong and deserve to lose.

ALL THE ABOVE COUNTERS ARE WITHOUT USING PERKS. WITH PERKS, SPINE CHILL AND IRON WILL ARE EXCELLENT AGAINST ALL KILLERS INCLUDING SPIRIT.

Maybe, the issue here is that those complaining about Spirit are bad at the game. At the very least bad at playing against her.

Again, it is entirely possible to escape vs a good Spirit. It's difficult, as it should be, but possible. Just as it's possible for a good Spirit to do well against good survivors.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

She does not move grass, FYI. That's a misconception.

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneakyMrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571

Nurse- hmm I don't know...Maybe stop making your movements predictable and predict her movements?

Spirit- Hmm I remember their being a common sense about not running/go in the opposite/different direction when she is using her power...because you know......scratch marks are a thing, iron will is also a thing, spine chill is a thing, but everyone wants to use meta perks and not atleast try other useful (Somewhat) perks, but instead lets just complain.

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,227

And those people always say the same things when you bring up valid counters to Spirit.

"Stealth isn't a counter you can't do it in a chase." Well if you never get found you never have to deal with a chase. Also you can stealth during a chase it's just not easy and depends on the circumstances. TruTalent stealthed a Nurse is one of his recent vids during a chase. It was a risk because she COULD HAVE seen his blood, but he took the gamble and it worked. It's not her messing up, it's him making a ballsy move and getting away with it. Stealth is a gameplay option, and while not optimal, if it keeps you from dying I could call that a counter.

"Perks are not counter play" yet they exist in the game. You can't look at things in a bubble and say this kinda #########. Put on Iron Will and Spine Chill and I guarantee you will have way WAY less trouble against Spirit or Nurse. Not to mention, other perks counter other kills really hard. Small Game counters Trapper. Urban Evasion counters Hag. Calm Spirit completely counters Doc. If you have these perks against these killers you will give them a really hard time. And it's not like Iron Will/Spine Chill are bad perks, they are great perks that can be used against every single killer. I know I use them, I don't see why its a problem to use certain perks to counter a killer, especially when those perks make such a huge difference.

Fact of the matter is you can counter a good Nurse or Spirit, you just can't do it by doing the same thing you do against every other killer. Also good prediction skills are necessary, which is something you literally can't teach to someone. Either you are good at reads or you're not. It's not something that is easily taught or learned. It requires a creative mind and an understand of your opponent from a psychological perspective.

But I'm sure the usual suspects will come in here to tell me how "stealth/perks are not counters".

The only thing I agree with about nerfing Nurse/Spirit are add-ons. Multi-blinks and omega blinks shouldn't be a thing, and Prayer Beads needs some sort of drawback so it's not EZ mode for killer. Outside that these killers are just fine the way they are.

• ZarathosZarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Stop using pallets vs burse i swear the number of time survivours give free hits trying to stun a nurse is atrocious. Break los and force prediction blinks. With nurse its a guessing game. If you double back as shes charging the second blink you can occupy her time.

You need to recognise what areas a nurse is disadvantaged ie structures corners and hang close to them. Iron will will help against both spirit and nurse. As it takes a tool of a killers tracking away.

• prayer_survivorprayer_survivor Member Posts: 626
  • Chaddad2169Chaddad2169 Member Posts: 748

Brand new part is trash and Purple toolboxes are almost never used, I agree with syringe though, I think syringe should be nerfed but purple insta heal (sorry idk the name) is fine.

• Chaddad2169Chaddad2169 Member Posts: 748

Now I see People say these "counters" to Spirit a lot. And I've gotta say they just aren't good enough "counters".

Spirit's footsteps: You can't tell hers and the survivors footsteps apart, also the chase music completely drowns out the sound of her footsteps.

Walking away: While this may be the one that works the most out of these counters it still isn't a proper counter, if she comes out of her phase and you walked, you wouldn't have made a lot of distance, also due to these crappy sounds due to the recent patch, you can hear walking survivors SO easily.

Git gud: Great counter btw

Now let's go over what Spirit can do to counter survivors

Collision: As soon as she connects with a survivor she has to let go of M2 and get a free hit.

If a survivor walks: You can still hear them easily and get a free hit

If you stand still: You are literally taking your hands off your mouse and keyboard and getting a free hit

Prayer Beads: We all know what this add on does.

I honestly think the only nerf she needs is that her phase should still be heard in the terror radius and that phase "mindgames" are exclusive to Prayer Beads. And now it's time for me to get overrun by the army of tilted killer mains.

• ZarathosZarathos Member Posts: 1,911

@Chaddad2169

Honestly im on board with making spirit lose her collision to add that element of counterplay. At this stage we should be able to control the volume settings so we can better control what we want to prioritise in terms of hearing. I'd recommend chase music slider then the regular in game volume. It would make mess up in volume settings changes with the chase music less problematic.

These two changes should give survivours enough counterplay also iron will run it. It help massively in the spirit matchup and considering her and nurse are the only killers you need to worry about just build around those two killers for now. I heard somewhere lightweight also reduces your footstep noises however i havent tested it.