Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

A rising use of the unbalanced Insta-heals...

13»

Comments

• darktrixdarktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Wasn't just a nerf - they reduced the BNP to uselessness. Long as insta downs are around, insta heals are around.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,112

How new are you? Hatch opens at any time when one survivor is left, when two survivors are left three gens must be done, when three survivors are left four gens must be done and when four survivors are left all gens must be done.

• My_FarewellMy_Farewell Member Posts: 495
  • yeetyeet Member Posts: 1,823

survivors calling instaheals balanced is incredibly disingenuous

they know the killer has no real way to counter them, that's why the love abusing them

• HazeHoundHazeHound Member Posts: 814

If you like to play "fair" then play "fair".

My definition of fair isn't hindering myself when others use ultra rare stuff and make mistakes i can exploit tho.

• Might_OakkMight_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

More bp earned = more addons bein used

• yeetyeet Member Posts: 1,823

franklins is only a very partial counter in specific situations

and quickswitching exists

• SoylentPixieSoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,178

I'm honestly fed up of watching both sides tear apart the mechanics of the other side, so at this point i have stopped caring what gets cut or nerfed from what and will just roll with the punches when things are changed on either side since i play both.

However i will state that using something implemented by the devs and not restricted by the devs, is NOT abusing it. It's simply using the tools provided, which both sides are entitled to do. End of story really. You can try to justify your reasoning but the core truth is, if it's in the game, then people are allowed to use it.

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean using it equates to abusing it.

• DrDeepwoundDrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

no, the abuse of them was when 4 people would run it and that is what I was referring to. Don't try to put words in my mouth that I didnt say or even mean.

It's still not abuse. If the game allows them all to use the same item then they are utilising objects within the games rules. If the game didn't allow that and they were using cheats to make sure all four got the same item, then that would be abuse.

Does it feel unfair and frustrating as f**k? Yes! But it's still not abusing the mechanic when the games rules allow it.

That word gets thrown around too much by both sides and it's never really applicable because the game itself, allows these things. Lobby for a change if you are passionate about it, but you still can't label it as abuse when its within the rules.

Well the devs obviously felt it was, considering they nerfed it, Im not theorycrafting things, just stating facts. 4 people running flashlights was nerfed, 4 ppl running BNP was nerfed. Focusing on my choice of words is semantics and doesnt really change the point made.

It was nerfed, and yet four people having the same item isn't.

And i'm focusing on the truth of the matter which is, as long as four of the same item is allowed, using it in a team isn't abuse.

The silly thing is, I'm not advocating it. Myself and the couple people i play with consider it rude to have 3-4 insta heals in a game since we have all played the killer side. But if someone does use it, they aren't breaking any rules.

Yes it feels unfair to have a bunch of insta heals in one game, but if its actually allowed in the game....they technically aren't doing anything wrong.

• Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,868

Abuse? How dare they use items they purchased in the blood web. Cheaters! We should load up the ebony moris and M1 spam them while shaking our head up and down to counter their cheating ways.

What did you want them to do?! Sit in lobby thinking, "I should not load up this great addon because it might not make the killer feel good about himself."

This is clearly just semantics over my use of the word abuse, I did not say they exploited or broke any rules.

Stats showed devs that 4 man SWFs were using both BNPS and Flashlights in an abusive way.

You guys can debate the semantics all you want, but it doesnt change the fact that survivor use of the items caused their own nerf.

Killers cant be blamed for that one.

• JoannaVOJoannaVO Member Posts: 747

On every side you'll experience how strong some add-ons, items and offerings can be.

I think using add-ons, items and offerings like prayer beads, 4 blinks, insta-down hatchets, mori's and insta-heals and whatever are fine unless you KNOW you are good and you know you can win without those but choose to use them just to piss off the opponent or boost your own ego. So I dont think it has to do with how strong these add-ons are, but how some people behave in a game.

And no, I don't mean you are immature for just using it. What I mean is that things look unbalanced when someone who doesn't need the tool, still uses it.

• JdsgamesJdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    edited July 2019

@lindenis I actually agree XD. Just hit the healer and down them. Let them swap places. Instant heals and downs are fine. Moris are balanced get better at looping and mind-games around structure tiles. You have to be downed, hooked, and then re-downed to be mori'd. Don't farm your teammates with a mori make the hook worth while. Keys are also fine bring franklins and smack them around <3

• FeelsVeryBadManFeelsVeryBadMan Member Posts: 197
    edited July 2019

Omegablink, 3 - 5 blinks, insta-downs, prayer beads necklace, insta-saw Billy

Those are just a few pretty powerful addons Killers have. There are more of them. Survivors have only instaheals. BNP was nerfed to the ground and so were flashlights. I completely understand why they got nerfed, but this is way too much.

Imagine complaining about 2 addons when Killers have multiple that make them borderline OP. Sad.

BNPs needed a nerf it is already too quick for gens to pop. Compare addons from the survivor and killer standpoint. Killer has a one time use. Survivor's are recharged if they escape the map. That logic isn't fair. Killer addons should be worth more. I will not defend nurse as she takes no skill to play. Flashlights are fine they need to increase the gap for when you can complete the blind. If you are a high tier killer frequently being blinded you shouldn't be playing killer imo. However, to counter balance the widened gap for timing. You should not be able to blind from behind the killer of to the side or through walls LOL.

• FeelsVeryBadManFeelsVeryBadMan Member Posts: 197

Insta-heals are one time use. BNPs were also one time use. Flashlights have only 2 options, blinding the Killer when he's picking them up or when he's kicking a pallet, that's it. Like I said, I understand why BNPs got nerfed.

Killer's addons can be used however, whenever and an infinite amount of times during the whole match. Killers also get more BPs than Survivors. @Jdsgames

edited July 2019

@FeelsVeryBadMan I didn't say instant-heals needed a nerf did I? I am fine with them. However, toolboxes and other items including their add-ons are kept upon escape of a trial and recharged. That means you can use it in the next trial and the next trial until you die. Killer has to frequently re-cash in for more add-ons as there is no in-game way to earn them unlike chests for survivors. With bonus farming perks to make them better. OMG I DC because iridescent head huntress with infantry belt. You do understand that it cost the killer about half of their game's bloodpoints to use them right? Not including how many crap add-ons were in the way. So I have no pity that killer gets more bloodpoints. If a mechanic like what I suggested below was implemented I would gladly want it counter-balanced to give a decent more to the survivor side.

See: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/73591/black-chest-alter-shrine-killer-addons#latest

Yes, I can create mechanics that fix problems. However, I do look at the survivor vs killer blood points differently. Between the survivors you have the potential to net 80k points on average per game. If you are tunneled out I can understand the 6k/7k points sucks. However, you can go start another match the killer has to continue playing for however long the match persists. So if the match for some ungodly reason takes an hour. You probably played 5 games by then as survivor. While actually netting points even if tunneled out every game.

Flashlights not only blind the killer you can burn the wraith while cloaked, destroy hag's entire power, burn the nurse while she is charging a blink (Yeah screw that approach) as well as make multiple saves with it while you are good. I do think the gap for when the killer blind drops the survivor. However, it shouldn't be like the entire pickup animation as that was busted.

• SpaceCoconutSpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

The original DS and original mori had the same problem. They could be used without a prerequisite.

DS was nerfed to be used the same way only by the obsession, while the other survivors had to wiggle a little bit. This was still too powerful so it was nerfed into its current form where the prerequisite is to be caught again within 60 seconds from being rescued. This time is debatably too long and some like myself think a shorter timer would make it balanced. This is due to the possibility of a killer being able to down several survivors after a rescue and come back that that survivor for a DS even though they weren't focused on while the killer left them in favor of other survivors.

Moris currently need a survivor to be hooked in order to be used. It is possible for skilled survivors to evade a killer to the point where they do not hook anyone and gain no use out of the Mori. If they do gain a hook, it's possible for survivors to evade the killer with stealth where the killer may never find that particular survivor again before the gens are finished.

The biggest thing here is that survivors KNOW when a killer brings a mori through the offering animation. If you know the killer has a mori of some kind you are able to play around that information and avoid being detected and hooked even more so than you would in a game without a mori. The killer has no such information. They can only guess if a survivor is using DS and slug the survivor.

There's more to this debate, but the two are not a 1v1 comparison since one can be used infinitely and the other is a finite offering.

That's all for now, I have other things to think about.

• HorusHorus Member Posts: 850

Franklin's needs to do more damage

• gambit92gambit92 Member Posts: 58

As long as killers have mangled plus sloppy to increase heal time to dumb longer than normal times instas will be a thing. And like they said so using items is abuse lmao. Next time trapper brings a bloody coil ill rage like you are... Not lmao. Or someone buys an awp in csgo ill rage... Not plz stop this mess on items. Especially keys.