Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

I faced off against 4 survivors with the Sprint Burst exploit.

2»

Comments

• SeanzuSeanzu Member Posts: 7,196

You really don't have to intentionally do it, if you get unhooked and start running it wont proc, if you stop and then run again it will.

I do random perk builds and SB came up, I got rescued off the hook and started running, I don't usually run SB so didn't notice that it hadn't procced, then I walked behind an object and the killer found me and started chasing which made me proc SB, you don't have to do it intentionally at all.

• JdsgamesJdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

@TAG see I currently would look at that as more of a bug. The only thing it possibly could have helped was climbing rank if it considered it being 4k's each game. If the survivor dc's you lost all the potential hit and hook points on that survivor. I can see it being gamebreaking but not a gamebreaking advantage. Like you couldn't not cause it to do the blood thing so if you brought it game was over in 4 hits. Again as I said before I don't understand the extent so I might be wrong in my classification. I just don't see it as an advantage or any reason someone would run it more than once.

• fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Jdsgames Just curious since you don't seem to be aware of some of these past bugs. How long have you been playing and what platform? I just wonder because we have had instablind flashlights and hook/lag and so much more that has been used and abused. I just want to know what time frame we are working with.

edited July 2019

I would probably say ~spring-summer 2017 I am not on my home pc with it installed. However, I don't know every single bug I play pc version. However, I was around for instant-blinds and pre-hook tilt. Some perks I just didn't use as killer like sloppy butcher so I wasn't inclined to be notified. However, I do tend to read patch notes and various other things like the wiki logs even though it is off sometimes. I have well over 2k hours in the game. I also don't go out of my way to learn about how to exploit these mechanics. I see a post on the forum I know something is wrong with the perk I stop using it. I generally prefer a fair play-style and strive for new and balanced mechanics. If you need to cheat to win your games you shouldn't be playing that game imo. @fcc2014

@Jdsgames I'm currently only play killer for dailies because of the current Aura issue on PS4 for that very reason.

I still don't believe the Legion players using the double blade, thana and sloppy should have been banned. They didn't break the game.

As far as exploited bugs Wake Up and Sprint Burst news spread fast Thanks to Fog Streamers and wanting to their fandom to be little toxic A holes like them.

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,638

If you wanna bring law up yes..... if you can get into someone's house without any sign of forced entry or no forced entry at all the person who broke in cant be charged because the owner was a dumb ass or didnt do their homework.....

Now is that #########? Yes!!..... this issue is on bhvr.... no one should be banned!.... they need to fix the bug asap..

@Bravo0413 although, I would never encourage this being done. Find an exploit on a company server and exploit it and see where it lands you. If you can prove they got in the house and stole it is still chargeable by law. The point being made is you are allowing intentional cheating of the game by ways of exploits. Then using backwards weak logic to say 'Oh but it was a bug' which isn't valid. Most exploits are bugs. Look up any form of penetration testing work and see how strict and how much trouble you can get in for misusing a tool that exploits bugs. Simply put there are consequences for your actions. You choose to exploit you choose to be banned.

I play killer but I don't pay much attention to gen auras. If I see the aura on pc I will make the round circle. Check the gens I would have checked if I didn't know they were there. Not zoom zoom zoom yeah I am good guys. @fcc2014 they broke the game by making it unplayable by the survivor perspective. Similar to how wake up made the game so quick there was no chance for the killer to really win unless they were able to really heavily capitialize on survivor mistakes. Yes, you could still win as the opposing team but it was hell.

• ForsakenMForsakenM Member Posts: 47

I love how someone compared a criminal offense punishable by law to abusing a broken mechanic in a video game.

Stay classy, Internet!

• HorusHorus Member Posts: 850

Ha thats funny for our devs it takes a month to fix broken things

@Jdsgames the game is currently broke on PS4 from a survivor perspective so you can either play or don't until it is fixed.

Killers can do the same thing. Many took a break when the window blocking wasn't working. If they feel that strongly about Sprint Burst take a hiatus till it is fixed.

Wake up was different because it was during an "Event" but if you are not happy about this weeks bugged perk or action you can always not play.

Calling for players to get banned because BHVR keeps breaking stuff is absurd.

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Mainly because people complained about the updates so they stopped fixing bugs so fast. It's a literal catch-22 for them you fix the bugs fast? People complain about constant updates if you don't people complain about the bugs.

• invira_zeroinvira_zero Member Posts: 230

I faced some of them too, but they got outplayed by my precious spirit.

In the name of Oink!

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 13,582

Idk either, but i do know it should be considered an exploit, as it can literally remove all gameplay for that match.

• RivynRivyn Member Posts: 2,974

It took two years for the devs to fix Freddy. You really think they'll get off their asses and do something that actually needs an immediate fix?

• BithardBithard Member Posts: 406

I've been using sprint burst and didn't know it was bugged. What is wrong with this one?

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,638

@Jdsgames yes if you can prove the person broke in.... that's why I said if there is no sign of forced entry etc..... I do feel it's bad that's players abuse it, but there is no way that every player thats abusing this bug should be banned... is there even a way of tracking that? Sprintburst is a popular perk mostly ran by noobies.... the only reasonable way of banning the player is through the report system and I still feel that it would be wrong for bhvr to go on this massive ban wave because they fooked up and let bug go through that's going to anger the almighty "do no wrong few"