Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.3.1 Bugfix Patch drops today. For release times and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/201738

impossible to play swf on ps4 because the killer dodge

13»

Comments

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,127

@ClogWench most PS4 players have quick killer lobbies

• ClogWenchClogWench Member Posts: 2,583

Can't relate at all. Literally stopped playing for close to a month cause I only ever had a half hour here or there and didn't have time to wait for a lobby for 20 odd minutes each time

• Angelino244Angelino244 Member Posts: 27

I have expressed my idea several times, so what do you think about it? Shouldn't we play more swf until (hopefully) the developers balance the game? I have been hearing about this for months, but the game still seems unbalanced to me. That said, with the current situation swf you can't play, because beyond the long enough times, the killers dodged (right or not that is not the case).

• LirulinielLiruliniel Member Posts: 2,966

You can tell who's joining your lobby prior to anyone spawning in on ps4.

• GodDamn_AngelaGodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 1,542

"the killer does not care if he does damage to the survivor,"

Hecking LOL. Dodging a game = Damaging the survivors now.

Sorry but some Killers don't like going up against SWF who are most likely using voice chat to share information.

• fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Angelino244 go play killer on ps4. The killer side is broke and it is currently easier than ever. See survivors silhouette on generators through walls and such. When killer lobbies go back to long wait times maybe they will stop dodging.

• AvilgusAvilgus Member Posts: 444

Oh ! it's so complicated to understand that using the vocal on an asymmetrical game imbalances the game?

Personally I do not dodge lobbys when it's a SWF unless I play characters like Trapper, Hag, Gf, I hope I do not have to explain why ... I think ... or I play Billy or Spirit, it's fun for everyone.

at this point they would remove the swf mode and play only alone. Perhaps so he finds the lobbies earlier.since you can't play swf ...

• JordanMaliciousJordanMalicious Member Posts: 222

90% of the time, if I'm killer and I load up a lobby and see it's a swf, I'll play it. Makes me better at the game (if they Aren't being toxic). That said, a lot of the time swf are cocky or try to save off the hook almost immediately after I hook, so, I actually have not had the worst experience facing swf. Mind you, I have DEFINITELY gone against a few toxic swf groups before and it made my blood boil.

• Rex_HoneycutRex_Honeycut Member Posts: 99

I think that the biggest problem with SWF on PS4 is the party chat. ( I am a killer main but I do squad up with some buddies on SWF from time to time.) They can communicate with each other clear across the map and after they die. If there was a way to limit the chat to a proximity and disable dead survivors from communicating with live ones, that would be better. Chat settings similar to the inferior ripoff that is Friday the 13th. I hate to reference that game on this forum but they did get some things right.

• AlfredAlfred Member Posts: 272

Do not play SWF then?

• TawnieeeeTawnieeee Member Posts: 32

SWF doesn't mean an automatic loss for the killer. Majority of the time it's an easy 4k because they're way too altruistic, to the point of being stupid. Sure, you get those random ninja groups who are quick and perfectly coordinated...but that's not the rule, but an exception. And let's not forget that survivors having flashlights mean they're actual good with them. I don't mind hard games with A SWF squad because I like the challenge and improving my game play. Killers shouldn't dodge because they're scared, that's crazy. They shouldn't be able to see survivor's game tags until after the match, either.

One thing is certain, I have no game with poor random players. Some start the game from afk, who throws a random pallet, who doesn't save you from the hook, who makes a random totem when a last gen is missing and gets killed, and I could still talk about crap from them. Playing random is unbalanced for us survival and in favor of the killer.

• LostxPandaLostxPanda Member Posts: 7

Thinking about the current balance situation couldn't the devs use the emblem system to help match people. So here's what I am thinking make it so when the game counts down to start it forces all 4 survivors into a chat and add in quick text chat for the non mic people. Problems with play style could possibly be solved by looking at emblem acquisition rate how often does x player get x emblem could say what kind of player they are. For the leet pro people that max all emblems they could base it off of which came first I guess. How do we help killers in this scenario? Buff them to be closer to the stronger killers. There's still flaws in this system but I am just throwing stuff out there

• RivynRivyn Member Posts: 2,139

Your bait post made me chuckle. Joke of the day. Thank you for that.

• PickCollinsPickCollins Member Posts: 495

Really killers? Ur gonna complain that SWF is unwinnable and unbalanced yet we have Nurse?????? Srsly? Not all SWF are good first of all. Second of all, I'm sure all SWF groups will tell you that they are scared shitless of a good enough Nurse.

Also here's the other thing. Don't bitch about lobby times taking forever if ur gonna dodge lobbies

• MarknessMarkness Member Posts: 174

Ive been frequently running into teams that have at least one person running OoO, and are trying to spam the lockers in a building so I’ll go and chase them for an eternity... but yeah, obviously I ignore that person.. point im trying to make is that to may have good intentions with your SWF group, but there are so many 2-3 man groups that play just to mess with the killer and try to ruin their day. I’ve seen it even at the grey ranks after coming back to an account that my wife used... people play in a way to mess with killers and as someone else mentioned, every time you do that you’re going to play against some angry sluggy nurse, or a huntress running iri heads and a pink mori.

devs really need to address this issue.. give killers a BP bonus for facing SWF, otherwise enjoy the dodge.

• Fog_KingFog_King Member Posts: 419

Sometimes, I play SWF with other people I met online. Our group has 4 people and we are all from different countries, so we don't use mics to communicate. Between matches, we use the app to text each other in English.

The point is, I understand some SWF use mics, are toxic, are in contact all the time, but it's not always the case, like with my group. We just want to have fun. But a lot of times, after waiting for minutes for a lobby, we get one and the killer dodges, which sucks for us, because we just want to play.

When I play killer, I get a lobby, hit ready and don't even pay attention to what items people have, if they came together or not, I want to play, that is it. Do all my matches go well? Of course not, but it's not just because of SWF and I think it would be much less fun for me to just stand there waiting for people to show, see people joining together, dodge, search again and repeat.