We are aware of an issue where the Trapper's Ornate Mask is not appearing in your items - there is no need to contact Support for this matter, we will hopefully have a resolution to this shortly.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Withering Blight event is postponed until the release of the mid-chapter 3.3.0. We're working on getting the update ready as soon as possible and will keep you posted.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Why is it that if i use Franklin's im trash

2»

Answers

• OnionthingOnionthing Member Posts: 421

my favorite retort until i discovered my privacy settings was: "Yes! I too, do enjoy the taste of fingers!"

few people responded back.

• ChatkovskiChatkovski Member Posts: 57

I have nothing against Franklin's Demise. But this perk still deserves a little indirect nerf: the killers should not see the items of the survivors in the lobby.

• PigMainBigBrainPigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 410

No....no they're not....

Perks are the equivalent of a survivors power. They all have the same capabilities outside of perks of which some are only specific to certain survivors.

There are survivor perks that mimic items...bottany and self care>med kits Proove thyself and leader>toolboxes. Sabo toolboxes come as a built in perk. The only thing you can't perk yourself into instead of an item is a flashlight.

• Ihitscenekids23Ihitscenekids23 Member Posts: 23

Well i use whispers and franklins cause I'm always being gen rushed and those two help me cause even with whispers i suck at killer which is why i NEVER get past rank 16

• JnnsMuJnnsMu Member Posts: 109

I disagree. A good team of survivors doesn't need any items to beat any killer that isn't The Nurse. Additionally, killer perk slots are really valuable and Franklin's doesn't even completely disable items. For example, you can still get a lot of use out of toolboxes before being hit.

Using an item that you probably have hundrets of anyway to deny the killer a perk slot is a good deal for survivors.

The only to reason flame someone for using Franklin's is frustration over losing an item. And that is definitely not a good reason.

So no OP you are not an [BAD WORD].

• toxic_clowntoxic_clown Member Posts: 87

because they are trash without their items, so they project. there are no rules.

you bring a toolbox, im bringing franklins and a mori. just because i dont like you.

• yobudddyobuddd Member Posts: 499

Fun DBD story for ya. 

I was playing Cannibal at Lampkin lane. Got a rough team of SWF who were harassing me. One was particularly bad, a Feng. I was irked, so I took the bait and hunted her down. I used Franklin’s Demise to knock her super fancy toolbox out of her hand on the first hit. More chasing, then she eventually goes down.

2 of her friends storm the hook and take her down before I can even reset from hooking. At the same time another one opens the gate. Rather than chase, I go back to that juicy toolbox sitting in the grass and stand over it with a revved chainsaw! She wanted it back SO BAD! Every trick to try to lure me away! Eventually the Endgame timer ran low and she had to leave! Lmao!!!! 😂😂

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 6,763

Because they don't like losing 1 of their 200 Med-Kits they got from the infinite-supply Bloodweb.

• NunoSobral94NunoSobral94 Member Posts: 4

I also like the idea of Franklins perk. And if a survivor wants his item back go grab it where it fall. Also it doesnt affect me when i play survivor because i usually dont use items xD

• ToybasherToybasher Member Posts: 76
    edited July 20

I use franklin's all the time on Hag, even if I see few items. (Minimum of 2 or more items, or one flashlight period)

I find Franklin's slows the game down quite a bit because survivors looking for their items after being hooked or losing me in a chase are survivors not doing generators.

I especially find Franklin's fun on Hag as one can place a trap down right next to the item (I often do it mid-chase as the items are hard to spot on the ground sometimes or someone else might grab it) because survivors tend to tunnel vision on the item (Especially McLoopyPants and their purple flashlight) and activate the trap, getting jumpscared or netting me a free hit.

One could also do it with the Trapper and place the bear trap directly ontop of the item. Survivors can still grab it without even having to disarm the trap if they're close enough from testing in KYF but it's possible they might just run up to it and get their leg caught. I've never tried it with Trapper in an actual match.

EDIT: Plague can also make use of Franklin's. Hit a survivor, and then puke on the item and you can infect it. If a survivor cleanses and goes to pick it up they get reinfected, although the duration is pretty short (35 seconds without addons, 45 seconds with the best duration addon although I am not sure if they can be stacked) so I don't know how useful it is, just something to consider.

Rework Freddy might be really good at this considering the Snares are pretty large and look like they ought to be big enough to completely cover the item's pick up zone, meaning a survivor HAS to wake up if they want to get their item back without giving their position away.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

As a survivor i never bring an item in it ruins my bp net gain 0 spent to get 15-20k is far better than spending 15k to earn 25-30k and taking a higher chance of dying because my item giving me away just my two cents.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

The devs already said they can't control psn, or Xbox messages so sending a report to them is wasting your time just send it to your console report system unless you are on computer and they use the post-game chat Instead of whatever steam has

• Ihitscenekids23Ihitscenekids23 Member Posts: 23

But thats not my problem and just because some one uses a perk doesnt make them trash i dont call a killer trash cause they use things like ruin, noed,bbq and nurses or when they use a killer like ghostface and i cant see them

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 6,763

That was not me saying you're the problem here, you're fine. 😉

• DudeDeliciousDudeDelicious Member Posts: 3,691

@Toybasher I do this with Plague all the time. It’s a great deterrent, or at the least renders the recent cleanse they did a waste of their time.

• MrDardonMrDardon Member Posts: 563
    edited July 22

Because Survivors want to use their items, didn't you read the Survivor's rule book for Killers?