Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Taking one for the team

This achievement requires a whopping 250 protection hits for recently unhooked survivors.....please tell me that’s a typo and they meant 25, otherwise I highly doubt anyone will get this.

Comments

• CoffengMinCoffengMin Member Posts: 862

youll get it eventually, get bt just in case

• fly_172fly_172 Member Posts: 78
    edited July 2019

It’s a doozy I’ll give you that. Ultimately tho, I do think it’s doable, at least compared to other achievements in dbd. They have a habit of going big over going home (500 doc shocks, old skilled huntress, and others). Like @CoffengMin said, running bt will help, and there are plenty of scenarios where you can take a hit for a recently unhooked survivor. It will take time tho, and I can get behind it being reduced somewhat.

• MiloMilo Member Posts: 6,658

I stopped worrying about getting it, and im just playing the game. I think im like 40 now (when i was 100+ when i was worrying about it).

Its still slow tho.

• George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

This is by far the dumbassest achievement in the game. It litereally encourages you to do the stupidest kind of rescue possible: rush immediately when killer is hooking, take a hit, unhook, take another hit. And 250 of them. Actual protection hits (helping an injured survivor during a chase) don't count, only hits during/after unhooking.

Was a real pain to get this, and it leads to a lot of sandbagging.

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 6,586

@George_Soros Im gonna disagree with you on this. Saying this encourages sandbagging is like saying the 1000 hatchet throws for huntress encourages standing by a locker for the whole game and chucking hatchets at a wall until the last survivor leaves. Some ppl might do it to try to rush the achievement, but its not really practical if your trying to play the game.

• George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    edited July 2019

The "protection" score event only registers if both survivors and the killer are within 8m of the hook when the killer hits the rescuer. It's a textbook case of sandbagging/killing/farming your fellow survivor.

EDIT: I should know. I've done it 250 times :)

This discussion has been closed.