Home Discussions General Discussions

Pig and Legion: Unnecessary nerfage.

2»

Comments

• ShrekIsHotShrekIsHot Member Posts: 3,180

Next thing we know, her crouching does not suppress her terror radius anymore and just makes her a little more stealthy, and she gets only 2 traps now.

When the traps trigger, instead of killing you, they give Deep Wounds.

• TalmeerTalmeer Member Posts: 1,435

1 day for the Legionpatch day, I was playing with the idea to buy a new Legion skin and the Pig, because she had make fun (I could 1 time test her with a red killer addon before).

Then bhvr had release the disastrous patch that nerfed the Legion and also one of the first nerfs for the Pig was in it.

TL:DR They had make me safe my money :).

Its just sad what happens here :(.

Thanks for your response. On a answer like yours now, I (and maybe also others) have waited for.

I guess, nobody assumes, that changes to the Legion, or the Pig can happen from one day to another, but the communication... The knoweldge that we are not getting ignored are important imo and that's why I am thankful for your answer.

When the time has come for the Legion, please throw as first that stupid missing hit stun out. To make it short, -drawbacks are no fun at all and a change like that would also not destroy the balance of the Legion, I believe.

@Peanits

• Th3NightmareTh3Nightmare Member Posts: 996

Legion needs another update not rework

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,494

I will start out by saying that legion should NOT have the cooldown on his FF---> they can't down people while using FF and they get stunned every time they stop using FF....... with that said Legion was the accident child and fook em.....

I do understand the pig changes now that I've coped with them... the SAW DLC is what brought me to DBD I mained, p3'd and earned the "sacrafice 500 survivors to the entity" with just Amanda... I do believe that the devs will do something differently with piggy but right now I feel they are on crunch with dedicated servers and other stuff sooooooo..

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 8,375

Can you at least briefly clarify what the deal is with regarding the recently changed interaction between Save the Best For Last and the Pig's Ambush attack? Intentional? Bug?

• Chaotic_RiddleChaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,922
    edited July 2019

@Peanits Thank you!! 💜

Though I have to ask...Is there anything planned for Legion currently? Any news we should know about?

• marching_hyenamarching_hyena Member Posts: 21

I'm kinda disappointed that it seems like the devs were like, "the players are using the Killer's ability differently than we expected,,,, WE MUST NERF!!!". Legion honestly used to be fun to play against when he was first released. They were a genuinely scary killer to play against and I felt accomplished whenever I survived a match against them. It's disappointing to me that devs are making some Killers useless because of genuine player strategies that the devs didn't consider when making the chatacter. Having Killers that could be played in a few different strategies added diversity and uniqueness to each match played. Not to mention, it's equally disappointing and frustrating seeing, for example, players who played an end-game based Piggy get punished and nerfed when camping is still an issue that literally has no counter play and nothing major is ever done to fix that.

My thinking^^.

A really good killer and killer design lets you enough space for your own way to play the certain killer.

Bad designs try to press you in a role, that in the most cases make no fun.

• SwInDSwInD Member Posts: 13

Imagine thinking that legion was fine on release... yikes

• Atrushan88Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,065
    edited July 2019

The thing about the Pig change to the RBTs during EGC was very warranted. Even now if you get a trap on your head before the 5th gen pops you're donezo if anyone else opens the gate. You can't realistically get a trap off your head with 4+ boxes AND the exit gates(which by that point you've likely forgotten where they were because you are on two separate time crunches) without dying to either the EGC or the trap. I've had it happen to me at least twice now, having a trap on my head right before the 5th gen popped. Now imagine that this happened AFTER the 5th gen. Also for those of you who say that traps no longer pop when you go through the exit gates, they DO. You just have to have the trap ACTIVATED, meaning put it on before all of the gens are done. It's LITERALLY LUCK that decides whether you live or die if you get a trap on your head right before the 5th gen pops. Nothing else, unless someone 99s the gates and no one else opens one. You can possibly find the hatch, but that also requires those survivors to leave while you have a trap on your head, and that doesn't always happen either. People who want this back are just asking for even easier kills. If you want to screw over survivors that badly, do it right before the 5th gen pops, and then they're screwed. You're welcome, you have your end game pig.

• Chaotic_RiddleChaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,922

@Atrushan88 I don’t main Pig myself, but I know that Pig’s true Endgame potential was killed when they changed it entirely. The chance of Survivors actually popping gens with someone having a trap on in a SWF group is very slim, unless if they’re screwing around and WANT their friend to die, so it’s more of a thing Pig mains just might not like dealing with, especially since they’re used to the whole ‘trap at endgame’ type of thing.

What im saying is that if a Pig player has a suggestion for something like that, which they have given plenty before, then it wouldn’t hurt to experiment with it, right?

• StrancolStrancol Member Posts: 158

#JusticeforAmanda

• Atrushan88Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,065
    edited July 2019

@Chaotic_Riddle SWFs might not pop off the last gen, or open the gate when someone has an active trap on their head, sure, but this game isn't balanced around SWFs. It didn't KILL her end game, it just made it where you need to get the trap on before the last gen pops. Her power has always stated that generators were required to activate a trap. The only change was that UNACTIVATED traps now don't kill you at the exit gates. That hardly seems like a nerf, it seems like a clarity change. It might FEEL like a nerf, but if you had a trap on your head that wasn't active at all suddenly split your head open when you walk through a door, despite that door not being a requirement to activate said trap, would it seem right?

That being said, if the EGC timer was stopped during which the trap was triggered, that'd be a fine change I suppose, but considering her power has always specifically mentioned generators, and that was their VISION on the killer, I imagine they don't envision her as someone who is MEANT to just let generators be done.

Post edited by Atrushan88 on