Home Dead by Daylight Forums Technical Issues

Rank Update Error

MiamiMoeMiamiMoe Member Posts: 3

I know there are others that have this problem and have made threads talking about having this issue. But I want to make one as well to bring attention to this issue and get a response from Behavior that they know of this issue and are working on fixing it. I have already put in a ticket, but I know that Support takes forever to get through the number of people they have. All I want to know is that the issue is being worked on.

It doesn't fail, regardless of whether I play Survivor or Killer, when I reach the post-trial screen, it gives me an error saying "Rank Update Error," and that it can't save my rank. When I lose a rank, it's no problem, but if I advance in rank in anyway, regardless of whether or not I actually rank up or just pip, I get the same error. So at the moment, I'm stuck in whatever rank I was at.

I play on PC and my specs are:

OS - Windows 10 64

GPU - GeForce GTX 1060 4gb

CPU - Intel Core i7-6700 @ 3.4 GHz

RAM - 16gb 

If anyone else has/had this problem, and/or has a solution, please let me know. It's clearly not affecting that many people, but the people it is affecting need the issue taken care of.

Comments

• bonjourbonjour Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2019

Well u right, but i think devs just ignored this problem badly, people playing with this error or not (like me, not playing coz of this 2 month) every patch or hot fix for me it's like god blessing there's this rank error is fixed, but it's not, devs got a fix previous 2 patches i guess but what happened? Just changed name of error, that's it.

• Fenrir93Fenrir93 Member Posts: 7

Yup, can't rank up for like 2 months now and have to play with baby survivors on rank 19. Devs don't really care I assume, but good thing there are other games to play until they decide to make this playable again :)

• lukaacelukaace Member Posts: 3

I've uninstalled the game and will do so in a short while.

The rank update error is pissing me off. not so much because of the ranks, more so because I get thrown out of the game and I can't even spectate the rest of the game I was playing.

Devs are busy doing stupid ######### for chris roberts SC. Can I advise them to drop that useless piece of dung heap and work on DBD, which is actually a decent game and passes the time quite well.

Thank you.

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 10,168

Last I heard, and I know this probably isn't helpful, is they have a lot of logs to track down the issue and are currently looking into it.

I know that's not what you folks want to hear, but I figured something was better than nothing. :)

• JimboJimbo Member Posts: 6

Mine works now after I hooked up my old Asus router. The newer Medialink router would give me the player Pip/Rank update error every time. People are also reporting No error with a VPN.

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 10,168

Huh, that's interesting to know. Thank you for that little nugget of information Jimbo. I'll have to check if folks are using VPN's from now on. :)

• MiamiMoeMiamiMoe Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2019

Can confirm this. I can rank-up using a VPN. However, once the VPN is turned back off, the error returns. Going to try resetting my router and modem to see if that does anything.

Edit: Resetting them did nothing. Might end up having to buy a VPN just to be able to rank-up. Pretty ridiculous solution.

Post edited by MiamiMoe on