Home Feedback Feedback and Suggestions
The September 2020 Developer Update is now available.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/194208

What if BBQ&Chilli's aura reading only had 4 tokens?

2»

Comments

• DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

You're not onto some Killer main conspiracy regarding BBQ, no matter how hard you're trying.

It is easily countered or worked around, hence why a nerf to the Aura-reading capabilities are not warranted. Actually, most Killers run it for the bonus Bloodpoints due to The Grind (TM).

• DrDeepwoundDrDeepwound Member Posts: 1,307
    edited July 2019

How about if Alert, OoO etc have 4 tokens?

Alert is way more unbalanced than BBQ is. Alert cannot be countered, BBQ can be countered numerous ways.

BBQ can ONLY proc maximum 12 times, last proc being of course worthless since its last hook.

Alert, can trigger unlimited.

If any perk needs tokens, it is Alert ;)

OP, consider this: more and more Survivors are running Object of Obsession these days for some strange reason. There's barely a game without them amongst what friends report to me and you can even see that phenomenon on Twitch streams.

What that proves to me, what I've long known, is that having your Aura revealed is not nearly as detrimental as Survivors like you claim it to be, otherwise OoO wouldn't be so popular nowadays.

There's no reason to nerf BBQ.

• KenshinKenshin Member Posts: 912

it has already enough counters.

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 4,118

All BBQ does is remove uncertainty from the killer's mind, not force them to leave. Of course, good killers should leave the hook regardless of if they have BBQ or not. But only if they don't have a good reason to stay. If they have seen a survivor in the area, or the hook is next to a gen that has been worked on recently, it might be enough reason for them to check the area.

• EntitàEntità Member Posts: 1,554
    edited July 2019

BBQ is really dangerous only with high speed killers in empty maps (Shelton Woods, Rotten Fields...), where it can be hard to find a locker in time. In the vast majority of cases, BBQ can be countered with a wise playstyle.

• fluffymareepfluffymareep Member Posts: 634

Hide in a locker or bring in distortion if you're having issues with it. BBQ is fine and doesn't need a nerf.

• DirtyhennessyDirtyhennessy Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2019

The only thing that puzzles me is that BBQ can be used max 11 times and distortion only has 3 charges.

Survivor perks will always be weaker than killer ones since you have to account for there being 4 survivors and 1 killer. Most of the time distortion is used for information, anyway. After seeing BBQ eat it the first time, you can just hop into a locker whenever they hook or fake out a direction.

• DirtyhennessyDirtyhennessy Member Posts: 3

I know but still there are a lot more perks/addons that can drain the perk in no time. Rather see it recharging on a long CD than to have limited charges.

I'm sorry, what do you mean by CD? I'm aware there's other perks/addons that can drain it, but it gives you valuable information, regardless, and I assume BBQ is present in all my matches and react accordingly. If I'm in a strong spot or haven't gotten any hooks, I'll roam around. Also if I'm close to done with a gen, I'll stay on it. Otherwise, I'll go hide in a locker or hide behind a gen. Or I'll fake where I'm heading. It has counters that don't require perks, though distortion really doesn't. It'll work to hide your aura and give you definite information on what the killer has/might have. And once again, survivor perks need to be weaker than killers (comparably) or else they'd be a nightmare to go against.

edited July 2019

Will always be weaker? Then how come that many Survivor Perks are actually stronger? The prime example being Alert and I'm All Ears: Alert has no cool-down whatsoever and many more diverse triggers, whereas I'm All Ears is hampered by cool-downs and a very specific trigger.

By all means, what you say SHOULD be true for the game if it were properly balanced, but it isn't.

• CookieBawsCookieBaws Member Posts: 188
    edited July 2019

BBQ is broken with unlimited aura reading - yes.

I did propose same thing, got attacked just as you.

But it's necessary evil if you want killers to camp less, like it or not. 😑