Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

How would you nerf spirit fury/enduring without making the perks themselves useless?

Seltas0208Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056

On their own they're strong but not OP perks. Imo neither is the enduring spirit combo

But how would you nerf its components to make the perks still useful but not as good when in a combo?

I think I'd change the pallet counter for spirit fury to a timer. The timer ticks up depending on how long your stunned for and gains a 5/10/15% boost when breaking a pallet (15% of the max timer would be added)

Comments

• BlueFangBlueFang Member Posts: 1,379
    edited July 2019

Indeed, Spirtfury+Enduring can be more of a wasted combo then Thrill of the Hunt+Ruin. if competent survivors know you have it, very little is going to stop them from pretty easily countering it

At high and medium ranks it's only good for ending a loop one loop early and maybe with some bad positioning on the survivor a hit every now and then. For a two perk investment of which the usage you get out is very inconsistent that's actually pretty terrible

Enduring+Spirit Fury does not need a nerf unless your a meg and Nea who runs to a pallet and waits 15 seconds for the killer to arrive so they can stun him

• YaiPaYaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

@BlueFang yeah, nowdays this combo can only work to end loops faster, i havent seen a hit on a survivors into a pallet drop in ages at red ranks.

• HorusHorus Member Posts: 850

We dont

• fluffymareepfluffymareep Member Posts: 634

Spirit Fury + Enduring is fine. Just throw pallets earlier, don't go for stuns. If someone has Enduring, they likely has Spirit Fury, too.

• DaS_onlyDaS_only Member Posts: 656

How about not nerfing them? Ever thought about that?

Btw, if you really want to nerf those 2 prepare your ass for more nurses and spirits. These 2 perks allow midtier killers to have a chance, so be glad about that because it gives you more variety to verse as survivor. Unless you enjoy to verse Nurse and spirit 24/7 at Red ranks.

Seriously, you are shooting in your own foot by nerfing that in the long run

• prettyfprettyf Member Posts: 442

pffs...

• AwakeyAwakey Member Posts: 3,145

You don't.

The counter is already live.

• deadbyhitboxdeadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,113

Why would you nerf it in the first place

• fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Wait why are we nerfing stuff?

• JudgementJudgement Member Posts: 955

Why should we nerf the only thing that lets weak Killers be competent?

Because Survivors refuse to change their strategy? That exact same reason is what shafted Killers multiple times in past.

• ChickenchaserChickenchaser Member Posts: 391

Endurance was already nerfed. And spirit fury can be countered by dropping a pallete early. I wouldn't nerf them.

• EninyaEninya Member Posts: 1,257

"Just drop the pallet early!"

You won't always have a situation in which you can drop it early. I've used Spirit Fury in every game I've run it, and as much as four times in a single match. You're eliminating a pallet AND getting a hit off of it without as much wasting time on either of those things separately.

• CasmCasm Member Posts: 61

I agree, you won't always be in a situation where you can drop the pallet early and in those very specific situations, you should absolutely get hit. In every other situation though, drop the pallet early.

• CasmCasm Member Posts: 61
    edited July 2019

If the survivor is in a situation where it's not possible for them to drop the pallet early and the killer has Spirit's Fury activated, then they should get hit. Not every contingency should be counterable.

I stand by this because generally speaking, against good survivors, (hell, even just okay survivors), it's so easy to play around Enduring+Spirit Fury in nearly all situations that a killer able to force a situation where they literally can't drop it early should be rewarded for doing so with a hit. If you're playing a match against survivors where you manage to activate SF 4 times in a one game, you're likely just playing against very bad survivors.

• savevatznicksavevatznick Member Posts: 651

They don't need nerfs. Having to take two specific level three perks to make any killer that can't counter looping (Anyone but Nurse, Spirit, Clown, or god-tier trapper) viable is already bad enough.

Anyone who runs Spirit-fury / Enduring is already nerfing themselves to stand a chance against looping. The combo doesn't need changing unless you're going to rebalance the game from the ground up.

• ColgateAdvancedWhiteColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 616

Make pallets stun survivors also. Suddenly pallets aren't strong and there's less utility for anti-pallet stuns. Viola... nerfed spirit's fury and enduring indirectly without making them useless.

• LaakeriLaakeri Member Posts: 835
    edited July 2019

I wouldnt. Killers dont get much use of Spirit Fury once survivors know you have it.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 5,590

I wouldn't touch it. Survivors are pretty much incapable of running out of safe pallets unless 2 of them are afk watching Netflix.

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Enduring was recently nerfed already.

• noneofyourbusinessnoneofyourbusiness Member Posts: 532
    edited July 2019

Both perks imo don't need nerf and enduring need to bring him into pre-nerf version.

• VisionmakerVisionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited July 2019

I wouldn't.

They should be buffed to be good individually before considering nerfing what's already balanced/viable.

If you don't think they're OP in a combo, why suggest making them worse?

• PickCollinsPickCollins Member Posts: 495

Killers want to nerf decisive strike when it has a foolproof counter. They want to nerf windows when they have a foolproof counter. This isn't a one sided thing

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 13,581

"In my opinion, neither is the Enduring+Spirit Fury combo OverPowered."

Okay, then i wouldn't nerf it.

Powerful is fine.

OverPowered isn't.