The stench of rotting Pustula Plants fills the air: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/93854/
Some players have been facing an issue that causes partial loss of progress. We found one cause of the issue and are planning a fix for the mid-chapter update. In the meantime you can use this workaround: restart the game client after using the Custom game feature. Thank you.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Rage Quit

mmainmmain Member Posts: 37

Just got a message from a killer after I quit a game. Yes. I admit I quit one early. Let me tell you why though.

Within seconds after starting a match I was taken down and hung. No problem. That happens. Almost immediately after being hung another survivor runs up and takes me off the hook. Killer was standing right there.

Killer immediately hits and hangs me again.

The exact same survivor starts running towards me to remove me from hook again. I quit before they had a chance. I was not going to give them the opportunity to get points for removing me from the hook when I was just going to get hit and hung again immediately. I would have literally been hung for a third time without getting a single point.

So..... if you are a playing as a survivor and you take other survivors off the hook while the killer is right there you are selfish and I personally will NEVER give you the opportunity to remove me from a hook because you want cheap easy points. If you are playing as a killer how about going after the survivors that are playing in such a selfish manner instead of rewarding their selfish behavior?

We all want to play this game and have it be fun. Those that play it that selfishly ruin it for all of us. So when you play as a killer I implore you to do as I do. When you see a survivor doing what is described above you should tunnel them. Make them regret it.

Comments

• mmainmmain Member Posts: 37
    edited July 30

Don't get me wrong. I have unintentionally pulled someone off a hook when the killer is close by and invisible or something like that. Those are not the instances I am talking about. The instances I am referring to are like the one tonight. The killer was standing right beside the hook and fully visible. This person still ran up and pulled me off the hook and was going to repeat the scenario again.

I couldn't care less that any killer is upset when I quit in that circumstance. If you are playing killer and you are going to reward the survivors that are playing selfishly and preventing the game from being fun for others I am more than happy to keep you from getting points for hitting, hanging and killing me also.

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 1,016

Killer didn't do anything wrong. Is he supposed to let you go? You are the easier target, but I get it, it sucks.

• ColgateAdvancedWhiteColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 426

Disconnects are tracked. If enough people farm you which resulted in you quitting, you might end up being the one who gets punished.

Your best course of action might be to let them farm you, so you avoid getting punished

I won't say this is a situation where there is a right or wrong. I will say this is situation where a killer has a choice. They can take the easy road. That's their prerogative. However, I also get to make a choice. I get the choice of how I respond to a selfish survivor and how I respond to a killer that rewards them for that behavior. I get to decide whether or not I have any respect whatsoever for how they play the game. I'm sure you can tell that my level of respect for either is absolutely zero.

And for the record...... in that situation I don't think anyone that quits has done anything wrong.

• ColgateAdvancedWhiteColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 426

No, but the stats don't describe the context of quitting, so there is no concept of who's right or wrong; only who quit.

And enough quit stats would lead to punishment

• ZagridZagrid Member Posts: 536

Run DS, problem solved.

Colgate.... First I want to clarify that my comment before this one was not directed to you, but the one before it. I do understand what you are saying and that is always a consideration. Fortunately it doesn't happen often so I am not in any danger of garnering negative repercussions. If my complaint was the norm I would simply stop playing the game as it wouldn't be any fun. My point with this post is to say if you are going to play as a killer and going to reward the selfish survivors whose actions prevent the game from being fun for others you may as well not message me about quitting because I don't care in the least.

• CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 2,656

You get points for being near killer and time in game if that addition went live.

Even 100 BP is more than 0. Plus...you quit. You were dead in the next few seconds...and couldnt wait those few seconds?

Come on. You're better than that.

I've been playing the game long enough that I rarely need DS, and I refuse to utilize it because I occasionally run across extraordinarily selfish survivors and killers that reward them.

I get that. It's not about the few points I would get in that situation. It's about refusing to reward the selfish survivors and the killers that reward them. It's a sacrifice I am more than happy to make.

• evor10evor10 Member Posts: 3

Well sorry about your luck with dealing with poor survivors, but they have changed the scoring so farming other survivors doesn't get you many points or chance of pipping. Yes they will get unhook points, but unless they get the safe unhook bonus they loose out on points and are penalized after the game when then emblem page appears. So its not like how it used to be before the patch was installed. Though it does suck putting your life in the hands of the randoms who could potentially end your life prematurely

• JagoJago Member Posts: 645

Run DS and insta heal

• riotangelriotangel Member Posts: 50

That's why i equip BT.

But I too hate it when other survivors unhook me (without BT) when the killer is standing right there. They're making life difficult for themselves in the long run of the match.

• Ihitscenekids23Ihitscenekids23 Member Posts: 23

I completely disagree that this should happen considering the killer is just being lazy af taking that route and it makes him look pathetic to and why is it ok to punish players who dc but they think its ok for killers to camp and only go for the easiest target. All these people complain about how survivors are toxic and are always teabagging at the exit gates and that the killers need to be buffed cause their to under powered in the game yet they fail to realize that there are PLENTY of big name players who have gotten 4ks even before buffs or nerfs which means they are just to lazy to work for their true rank in the game. So if your gonna punish one side you best make sure you punish the other side

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 2,074

In those moments when you unhook someone, just to notice a stealthy killer was closer than you expected... Be prepared to take a hit if need be.

• Ember_HunterEmber_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

Basically, the most recent I remember, I had Spine Chill on and it wasn't activating, so I unhooked a Meg with a Feng Min, and while we were running IN THE FRONT to protect her, a Billy downed her form behind. How much effort do you have to go through to tunnel someone?!

• LaakeriLaakeri Member Posts: 574

Never leave home without DS.

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 1,980
    edited July 30

LOL

Camping and "going for the easiest target" are not punishable.

Sorry, but your made up rules don't mean anything to anyone.

Post edited by Raccoon on
  • dlitchldlitchl Member Posts: 1

You're missing a big point...*cough* easy kill *cough*

• martin27martin27 Member Posts: 495

I would still report you for the DC, but i also would of focused on the bad survivor as well so we'd never be in that exact situation. In a ideal world yes killers should punish bad survivors but you got to ask yourself why would the killer punish someone for making the game easier for them?

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 815

If you want to Phase 2 I assume you mean you just let go which is technically not a DC?

• DudeDeliciousDudeDelicious Member Posts: 3,647
    edited July 30

Mmm... yes and no. Sure another survivor is making it ridiculously easy to re-down who was “rescued” to be re-hooked again, but that kind of survivor behaviour is unacceptable, and a killer not even attempting a grab, hit, or down on the supposed rescuer only further encourages that survivor to continue [BAD WORD] behavior in further matches. Kind of like the reverse being true: if a killer habitually camps and survivors don’t gen rush (key word habitually), then that killer isn’t going to learn to stop always camping any time soon.

And honestly, helping a killer get a quick sacrifice only hurts themselves and the rest of the team.

• ShapedShaped Member Posts: 480
    edited July 30

I always take the hit if the killer is near when I unhook someone. Never understood people who unhook and dissapear. Probably selfishness but if your teammate is removed early you will suffer as well. Think about that a little.

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 1,980

Did anyone lose a Survivor Rulebook with an "Entitled to DC Pass" that was being used as a bookmark?

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 2,074

Id say the first time it happened, the correct choice from the killer shouldve been to slug the person who was on the hook if they werent close enough to grab. This gives you the same pressure as a hook while opening you up to immediately chasing the "rescuer" which means ANOTHER person who is occupied. This also frees you up from getting hit by a possible DS. Im saying this not as a person being NICE, but as a killer being smart.

If someone is on deathhook though and youve downed em...The best choice would probably be to just kill em immediately before trying to track down the guy who "rescued", unless your still suspecting a DS.

• DudeDeliciousDudeDelicious Member Posts: 3,647

Agreed.

But a killer just standing there watching a rescue about to occur without ANY attempt at genuine intervention for the sole purpose of immediately hitting and re-hooking the rescued survivor, TWICE, is just [BAD WORD].

• branchini1979branchini1979 Member Posts: 226

On a different note, what's best to do if I get an important phone call say during game? Guessing just AFK than quitting? So to avoid DC stats and deflect some of killers time?

Happened other day so on autopilot I just DC'd so after the call I did message other players to apologise

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 3,710
    edited July 30

A manual DC is okay in my book for a game-breaking bug preventing the game from finishing, game being held hostage (actual hostage, like body blocking someone in a corner with no intention of doing anything else) with no end seemingly in sight, or actually having to leave the game due to an IRL circumstance/emergency/etc. Anything else gets a thumbs down from me.