Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

Four survivors, four chests

2»

Comments

• EntitàEntità Member Posts: 1,581

@Jdsgames Decisive Strike is a good reason not to tunnel. My question is: what's the link with my idea to make more viable the chest perks by giving each survivor a chest by default?

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 3,849

All the map has 2 basement spawn locations. What if 1 spawn hook basement, the other location spawn a chest basement, that open only if 2 gen is fixed. It the chest will always spawn a key?

Of course survivor will have to fix 2 gen for the hatch to spawn when 1 survivor left.

@C3Tooth Not all maps have two basement spawn points: Lampkin Lane, Rotten Fields and The Game have only one possible position, for example.

• JdsgamesJdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

@Entità eat it early. Don't let them have it for late game. Also it is not a "Anti-Tunneling" perk it is free minute immunity. I have already had people stay on gens forcing a gen-grab or jump in lockers. So they can use it.

• Mat_SellaMat_Sella Member Posts: 2,707
    edited July 2019

Chests feel bad enough as killer, as a survivor who would have otherwise have died, gets a free escape due to a successful key find in a box and camping the hatch until everyone is dead.

Post edited by GhostlyFoxx on
  • C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 3,849

@Entità add another one basement spawn location for those maps. Or more simple, if there are 2 gen fixed and there are 1 survivor left, the next chest you open is 100% of key.

Not enough 2 gen fix confirm 4k. Because no hatch spawn.

Has 2 gen fix with the last survivor spawn open hatch. Killer can close it to trigger EGC. Survivor can search chest for key and find-reopen the hatch, or risk open the gate.

@C3Tooth I ask for four chests to make these three perks more viable, not to give free keys or escapes to anybody.

@not_Queen @Patricia @Peanits Dear community managers, don't you think Ace In The Hole, Pharmacy and Plunderer's Instinct should be made more palatable than now, by giving four survivors four chests by default, like in the Temple of Purgation? :)

• George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    edited July 2019

This is a pointless idea. Currently, if you have no chest perks, chests have a tiny chance of giving noticeable advantage, while with most chest perks, they can be. That's it. What a silly notion that "there are 4 survivors so there's got to be 4 chests", or the even crazier one, that items in looted chests should respawn.

Why do you people want to change everything all the time?

Or, if you're so hellbent on increased chances of getting your purple keys, let us killers search chests too, with a chance of occasionally finding an instantly usable Ebony Mori in them. Fair is fair.

@George_Soros Actually I would like to try Pharmacy, because I don't use Selfcare, and it bothers me that a weak perk can be rendered useless by the simple misfortune that someone had fun opening all the chests before you. Having four chests increases the chances of not wasting a perk slot. There is no hope of changing the META, if the weak perks are also situational. And then the Temple of Purgation already has four chests.

Umm. You know, you can ask your teammates at the start of the match to leave the chests for you. If they say they also want to chest dive, you still have the option to either forget about chests and don't take Pharmacy, can use Coin offerings, or just race with your fellow survivors. Duh.

And come one: Pharmacy is a weak perk? It sure beats Self Care... Plus, while it can help you during the game, it even provides a benefit for future games. Not a weak perk at all.

I use it with Ace in The Hole sometimes. Was so funny to find a green medkit with an instaheal near endgame, and it did actually saved my life :)

A survivor in a team doesn't need any healing perk: Selfcare and Pharmacy are useful for solos, who have no guarantee to find a chest in time. Imagine if you waste two perk slots for Pharmacy and Ace in the Hole and your mates open all the chests...

Pharmacy is weaker than Selfcare. Those who use Pharmacy instead of Selfcare suffer numerous limitations:

1) non-unlimited heals;

2) inability to transport other objects and to maintain the ability to heal themselves;

3) vulnerability to Franklin;

4) need to spend time finding a chest;

5) risk of finding already open chests.

Chest perks are weak and situational: one extra chest would make them less Coin-dependent than now.

@Entitá, you say:

" Imagine if you waste two perk slots for Pharmacy and Ace in the Hole and your mates open all the chests..."

I already said, tell them at start not to ######### all chests. Come on man!

Yeah I confess: I'm a whiny killer who's scared shitless at the thought of more chests, because even with no Plunderer's it means more chance for purple keys. Those are pure evil. If those could not be found in chests, we could have a deal.

Not that I think devs would jump as soon as we told them we've reached a decision about chests :P