Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Please revert the exposed FX

2»

Comments

• Mc_HartyMc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

The sound effect is perfectly fine with everything but Myers.

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

I'm not a fan. The sound is too muffled, and the tense feeling it is supposed to imbue doesn't really happen unless it's with GhostFace. I just find the effect unnecessary.

Hex: NOED and Hex: DH already gave that "Oh S*" feeling. Adding this new effect makes the UI and soundscape feel overly cluttered, detaching the player from the horror atmosphere being crafted.

It's gaudy, and it's only purpose is to serve as a notification for GhostFace's exposure (the effect should be called Vulnerable instead of Exposed for nearly every reason ever btw), which does not have any other significant notification.

#pleaseremoveit

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,227

I agree. I don't like the new Exposed VFX. It's too jarring. I don't even get why it's necessary, you get the skull on the side of the screen plus whatever perk is doing it, or you hear music in the case of Myers. Leave it for GF, remove it from the rest. If anything add some sort of animation to the skull icon to draw attention to it. Maybe the icon pulsates when it activates.

And when you make a save against MYC your character will scream when they unhook.

• saminationsamination Member Posts: 312

One day they will come play the game for you.

• WickedMilk03WickedMilk03 Member Posts: 624

I dont like it because it rewards people who arent paying attention

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Yeah, the exposed effect doesn't need that. Or doesn't need that when you're outside of terror radius.