Home Discussions General Discussions

Camping Killers

Stop allowing killers to camp. It ruins the game and requires absolutely no skill at all whatsoever. Maybe try introducing an in game penalty if a killer is next to a hook survivor or gen or door for too long (10-15 seconds). It’s honestly gotten so annoying to play the game. And there’s absolutely nothing that a survivor can do about it.

Comments

• Atrushan88Atrushan88 Member Posts: 1,797

Camping killers are annoying because they just want to ruin the game and hope on altruistic survivors to give them an easy win. Even worse, Leatherface's power encourages this. I really wish they'd rework him in a way that doesn't encourage him to face camp the first survivor he gets.

• Buily09Buily09 Member Posts: 464
    edited July 2019

Kindred loves campers <3

• OnionthingOnionthing Member Posts: 421
    edited July 2019

There is a penalty for camping, its called less BP, Its called possible de-pip. Sometimes killers camp and they dont care about any of that, they care about sending a message. There are also perks that help punish campers, but it usually means on survivor has to run it and take one for the team.

My point is they already have penalties, you just don't see them from a survivor perspective.

I dont camp because I dont need to or care to.

• Brok3nBrok3n Member Posts: 51

If you're supposed to get 3 chances then why do they have a time limit on how long you can be on hook before reaching second stage and third stage? The game was specifically designed to allow both strategies. Camping is a legitimate strategy. It's not by any means a good one, it's easily punished. And yes it can be unfun for survivor and sometimes killer. But it is a strategy nonetheless.

And before you say I'm a camping killer main, I play Legion, the literal worst killer in the game for camping

• KerbertKerbert Member Posts: 415

I've noticed that there's three types of camping.

1. Facecamping: The most "toxic" type of camping where the killer stares the survivor directly in the face or is standing still near you to prevent you from getting unhooked. Easily countered by Borrowed Time, teammates rushing in, or doing gens.
    2. Proxy Camping Type 1: Proxy Camping Type 1 is where the killer patrols around the hook because he knows survivors are nearby. Either because he saw them, BBQ didn't proc, or other reasons. This is the least toxic method and is a legit strategy. Don't leave a hook when you know when you'll leave theyll be unhooked in 2 seconds.
    3. Proxy Camping Type 2: Proxy Camping Type 2 is where the killer patrols around the hook out of paranoia. A more active approach to facecamping where instead of staring directly at the hooked survivor, they try to find survivors nearby. Unlike Type 1 they don't have reasonable suspicion to believe there is someone nearby. This is an honest mistake by the killer if they are paranoid and can be annoying to deal with as survivors, but like Facecamping is easily countered by survivors doing gens.
  • SkarkioSkarkio Member Posts: 567

@GoldenGirlry

Who told you dbd is supposed to Be toxic.

Toxic is a survivor teabagin after dropping a pallet and hiting the killer, toxic is a survivor taunting the killer only for the sake of it, toxic is a survivor berating killers for anything they do in post chat

You aren’t supposed to die on first hook.

Show me a written rule in a official webpage, tutorial or wiki were is stated that is an inalienable right of the survivors to not die on the first hook! Because I could show you official tutorials and videos where is stated that is the killer choice to camp or not

That’s why you have three chances silly.

You have three chances but once you get downed by a killer is up to him to decide what to do with you, he earned that right once he found, hit twice and down you, is his choice to leave you in the ground, to hook you or completely ignore you!

By camping it ruins that mechanic of the game.

Since camping is a tactic endorsed by the devs, there are no mechanic ruined here

I don’t expect it to be relaxing. I expect it to be playable and not disgustingly toxic.

You play against another player whose objetive is to sacrifice you within the mechanics and tools provided by the game! camping is a valid tactic within the game, so is only your personal opinion that camping is "disgustingly toxic"

Is like saying that in street fighter, is "disgustingly toxic to kill your opponent by throwing him repeatedly without allowing to hit you back" so devs must punish players who do such a thing! is illogical!

• TrueKn1ghtmar3TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

Do gens and de-rank the camper simple strategy. also the better you run the more likely 3 gens will get done before he hooks you, also immersed players are campers enemies.

• CatHound22CatHound22 Member Posts: 15

Don't want to be camped, get good enough to stay off the hook in the first place.

• TeaLeafTeaLeaf Member Posts: 205
    edited August 2019

Camping not to be confused with first hook face camping has its practical uses. I often when i hook the first guy will double back and attack the unhooked and the unhooker, only when they expect me to linger around on the 2ed hook to go gen patrolling. Camping to a strategic degree makes survivors approach unhooks more carefully with out dive bombing the hook for points. Killers can use camping in non toxic ways by trying to apply pressure this way and making survivors paranoids. In short your not guaranteed a free safe unhook

Secondly even face camping has a time and place, namely she's had like 3 hooks all game and the gates are open. Killers are in their right to cut their losses and ensure one kill if they want.

Course I am not advocating its the first hook of the game and to rev a chainsaw in a guys face till he ded... that is lame and unfun.

• Karl_ChildersKarl_Childers Member Posts: 580
    edited August 2019

If you think camping is fine, you have absolutely no right to complain that teabagging, or anything for that matter, that survivors do during a game is toxic. Where in your rulebook does it say a survivor can’t do that? Teabagging is a legit strategy then as it can piss off the killer and draw aggro, or just throw them off their game in general. We in agreement?

funny logic you use there!

Camping is a tactic, serves a pourpose whitin the game: to bait other survivors and/or ensure a sacrifice!(fulfilling their main objective:sacrifice survivors) Majority of killers don't camp to be toxic!

Teabagging doesn't server a purpose whitin the game apart for to be toxic, and majority of survivors tbag to be toxic

but still, survivors doesn't care about Toxicity if isnt toward survivors themselves, and to the hell with killers

well, under the same twisted logic, to hell with the survivor's made up rules about camping tunneling, etc!

as long as camping isn't prohibited by the rules of the game, killers wil be still camp when the need arise

edited August 2019

Well, I love when a survivor teabag me after dropping a pallet, because they waste a second or two while I broke said pallet, and moreso I'm not the one making countless threads about punishing survivors actions!

You, survivors are crying for punishment for "toxic behavior" well how about first you survivors erase all toxicicity for your own sisde before trying to fix the side that with all probability you dont, or barely play!?

Because since I play both sides equally, I know how to deal with camping, tunneling and noed as survivor, and how to deal with loops, teabaggers, fleshlights, and more important: when to camp, when to not , and how to use camp tactically to fullfil my role as a killer!

• Steve0333Steve0333 Member Posts: 503

Borrowed time won't counter a face camping killer with insidious. One reason leatherface with insidious is so annoying because there is no way to save the survivor. You just have to let them die.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

*looks at lvl 40 LF i built up to get bbq* hopefully you can be me out of rank 8-10 and away from these rank 2 swfs

• RydogRydog Member Posts: 1,580

bUt CaMpInG iS a StRaTeGy

(Did I do it right? 😃)

• KerbertKerbert Member Posts: 415

Mock it all you want, it's true.

@Kerbert I take back what I said in that other thread, search bar's over there --->

@Kerbert (In all seriousness though, I understand when it is legit to range-camp a hook when someone's obviously there going for the stupid safe unhook, either standing literally underneath you, or you see scratch marks and stuff. That's just objectively the smart play. I'm mocking straight-up facecamping.)

• Divinitye9Divinitye9 Member Posts: 392
    edited August 2019

Ruin the game. As opposed to infinites, teabagging, berating killers for killing a survivor, berating killers for using noed, being a downright ass with clicky clicky flashlight to prove some superiority complex, and just being overall an asshat?

Many people who are being camped did something to deserve it. I do not camp personally, but I have made an exception once or twice due to some asshat with an ego being annoying.

You can blame game mechanics, people being “toxic” or whatever, but this is a two way street. I will treat you as you treat me. If you play the game normally, I will too. If you do things to earn my ire, I will turn “toxic.”

• ASAPTurtleASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968
    edited August 2019

Camping is something you sadly can't get rid of in this game especially if the killer is serious about it, otherwise the community will go berserk, and the same goes with pallet looping.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 4,079

i should start counting these...

• GoldenGirlryGoldenGirlry Member Posts: 4

Okay but what’s the point of playing the game if you get hooked right off the bat and can’t be saved so all the time it took to find a match and join into the game is wasted. It’s NOT playable when that happens.

@GoldenGirlry

if you are hooked right off the bat, then start to play stealthy, don't run as a headless chicken as soon as the match start, crouch an hide behind walls while crawling slowly to the nearest gen and don't start to repair one till the killer hit someone else! I recommend you to do bones while you wait for someone to be found hooked and camped, since it seems the 100% of the killers you play against are no skill campers, and I suggest to bring perks like borrowed time and kindred if you want unhook someone or be unhooked that bad!

is up to you, your skill and experience to avoid to be found and hooked, don't blame the killers for do their objetive sucesfully

the rest of us who play survivor, don't usually found campers the 100% of the matches and already learned how to waste the killer's time as long as we can

if there are hundred of survivor who can escape alive, you must ask yourself why you are the only who can't do so! analyze what are you doing wrong and stop blaming everyone else for your mistakes