Home Discussions General Discussions

Gen Rush... srsly tired

DevilDevil Member Posts: 11

Dev,

it is absolutely necessary to increase the time to do gens, gen rush has no counter and playing killer has become frustrating.

Comments

• Ember_HunterEmber_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

Gen times really need to increase. Maybe more for swf or high ranks?

• ShroompyShroompy Member Posts: 266

The reason why some killers "killrush" is because of the speed of which gens are being completed. It's not normal for me to have a chase to be less than a minute and then 3 gens pop back to back. I shouldn't need to bring a perk (Ruin) to slow the game down.

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 6,282

ruin, sloppy and corrupt in no way increase the speed that someone can kill a survivor. Those perks are not about rushing, but rather slowing down.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 2,427

It's not a gen speed thing. It's a map and safe pallet problem. The worst killers in the game have to play around every pallet or don't have any tools to deal with them (Leatherface, Legion), and the best killers (Nurse and Spirit) can 4k without breaking a single pallet. That's the answer.

• FrenziedRoachFrenziedRoach Member Posts: 1,640

This is only a problem in the red ranks. Most other ranks easily half the killer roster can easily pressure them enough to get time back.

Survivors already have an optional objective, you just need to swallow your pride and encourage them to do it.

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,486

When the gens are completed in like 4mins (because gens are boringly easy) that's not the better side winning....... I say that because the lower tiers dont even have an opportunity to get going...

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 2,912
    edited August 2019

Who ever said it was required?

I am asking for statistics. If survivors don't have toolboxes gens aren't done as quickly. It is the same philosophy if killers don't have Ruin, gens get done quicker.

Saying devs need to "fix" gen repair times just because you personally feel that you got gen rushed doesn't make it a problem. Which is why I asked those questions.

What happens when Killers snowball and survivors have to save AND complete other said objectives... I don't think that will be fun.

• theArashitheArashi Member Posts: 991

If you don't think that it is a problem you either: Are not good enough survivor or you are just ignorant killer.

I have played as side that rushed and side that gets rushed. Unless you play nurse or maybe spirit you are as good as lost depending on maps.

If you are m1 killer and pallet town have plenty of safe loops and pallets you won't get enough people fast enough for them to not finish their objective.

After that, one of them usually gets purposely downed for everyone to stack up some unhook points or everyone depips that game. It isn't balance, it is a problem.

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 3,636

We need a mandatory secondary objective badly. With how big of a problem it is, I’m shocked that the devs haven’t mentioned it at all recently. Relying on perks and not base gameplay mechanics to fix the gen rush problem is never a good idea.

Did you watch the video? Tru3’s chase lasted around a minute and 15 seconds. He got pallet stunned after picking up the Laurie. He then chased her again because she was injured and a easier target than the fully healed Meg that had DS.

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,486

Just me personally? Theres tons of players both killers and survivors that want more for survivors... and not just to slow the gens down.... survivors need more to do period because it's boring AF...

edited August 2019

@SnakeSound222 I did watch the video and as pointed out before ... I saw a killer who should have dropped chase a long time ago. Especially after he got pallet stunned only to drop the survivor he had been tunneling.

If you want them to add a secondary action you're asking for survivors to waste more time before escaping... this when killers already have tools to slow down gens at their disposal.

Perks exist to aid with the overall counter against survivors... that's why Ruin/ PGTW/Thana are in the game. No one is saying you're required to use them, that's why you have a variety... BUT if you feel that gens get done too fast, they are there to aid you.

Do you only want to use certain perks that help you with tracking but still have a 'built in' slow speed gen repair (i.e. secondary objective)... ? I think if you want them to do that, then they need to compensate survivors with exhaustion being cut in half or allow it to progress faster because just as much as there are times when gens get done fast there are also times they don't.

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188