Home Discussions General Discussions
Hit Validation has been re-enabled. This time around, it will be left on indefinitely.
For more information, see this blogpost: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/185864

Gen Rush... srsly tired

Comments

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

As a high rank killer, sometimes it's just out of our hands because we don't always want to play nurse.

Did I bring Ruin? I shouldn't need a perk as a killer to have a chance against the worst of conditions.

Did I apply pressure? Sure, to one person. But most killers can't apply pressure to multiple people, or when they do, other survivors can ignore it.

Was I tunneling? No. But that is a self inflicted handicap that I shouldn't honestly need.

Do I bother to check gens? All the time. As soon as I move to the other end of the map the one at 0 that I checked first is already done.

Gen rushing is a real problem.

Guess I was wrong. But the point stands. 90% of my games are rushed to hell. For you to say it's not a problem is just ignoring that.

Maybe it's because I'm on console... or maybe it's the region I'm in... but games take 10 minutes to get and 3 to finish. I just find it frustrating.

I get it. No need to affirm him.

Same to you.

• EninyaEninya Member Posts: 1,129

You'll experience gen rushing even in greens.

Killer needs time to kill, but for survivors their best chances of living are... not wasting time on chests and totems, so...?

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 2,920

@Raven014

"As a high rank killer, sometimes it's just out of our hands because we don't always want to play nurse."

Sometimes it is out of your hands even if the gens aren't being repaired at a great speed. Either side has side effects for making mistakes.

"Did I bring Ruin? I shouldn't need a perk as a killer to have a chance against the worst of conditions"

As pointed out before, I wasn't stating that Ruin is required but that it is there to aid (slow down), and if you don't use it, and a team is playing optimal. Gens will get done in no time.

"Was I tunneling? No. But that is a self inflicted handicap that I shouldn't honestly need."

If you read carefully... I wasn't suggesting that you should tunnel, instead what I meant was that IF you were tunneling, fast gen repair will be the ultimate result.

"Do I bother to check gens? All the time. As soon as I move to the other end of the map the one at 0 that I checked first is already done."

Then I would suggest that you need to work on being aware of your surroundings (like when you're in a chase) listen to gens possibly being repaired where you are chasing. Remember it and come back to it after the survivor gets hooked.

• blue4zionblue4zion Member Posts: 1,480

Ooops you misspelled survivors doing their objective... srsly tired

Who knows if they'll ever slow down the game. I wouldn't keep my hopes up.

They are however adjusting loops to help with chases.

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 3,689

Please be kidding when you say he was tunneling. 1 minute and 15 seconds is NOT tunneling, especially when he got the down. He didn't take 1 minute and 15 seconds to injure them. After the pallet stun, did you really expect him to ignore an injured Survivor and go after a fully healthy one that had old DS ready?

My main worry with using perks to solve the gen rush problem is that the devs will end up putting things in them that would work much better as base mechanics.

The point is that it shouldn't always due to a killer's weakness. It should be due to survivors actually having to try... you know?

• Buily09Buily09 Member Posts: 495

I started to play NOED to counter "gen-rush". If gens will get fast rly quick (that sometimes happen #helloSWFgroups and you can't rly do something about it unless you don't want to chase and only camp gens) you can just punish them for not doing totems (side objective) or simply NOED can give you at least some hook points or even some kill(s). And sometimes if Survivors will play that poorly during your NOED, you can have even 3K / 4K instead of everyone escaped.

Of course sometimes Survivors will right away found your NOED so it's not 100% win all the time.

• InFernoZ22InFernoZ22 Member Posts: 30
    edited August 2019

Would corrupt intervention and thrilling tremors be good instead of ruin? Im a red rank killer main (rank 3 currently) who mainly plays Ghostface and Myers (my spirit is still level 1 so go figure) and sometimes my 1st chase i am usually punished with a gen being popped for someones 1st hook.

Would those 2 perks work well? Corrupt means you can go to the right gens are the start of the map chase people off the gens then once you down someone you can see which one they are working on with thrilling so you know exactly where to apply map pressure?

And yes, I do use ruin but it tends to be gone in less than 2 minutes of the game (corrupt intervention lasts 2 minutes).

I know its 2 perk slots but it's 2 guaranteed perks that will work and thrilling tremors provides good information.

• Star99erStar99er Member Posts: 979

They could make Saboteur worth running again but I’m sure someone will complain if they do.

• SovererignKingSovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273

Tell me what happened here then? That 1 whole minute I wasted finding my first Survivor? The fact no chase lasted more than 30 seconds (the first one) at the most? The only thing I see I did wrong was not tunnel someone out.

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    edited August 2019

That's literally the worst way to fix things. Do you think holding M1 for 80 seconds is fun? Because holding it for 100 or 120 seconds sure isn't.

There needs to be a secondary objective somewhere that motivate survivors to do something else than pushing generators.

On topic, most reason for the gen-rush is due to how many killers lack any for of map pressure and cannot stop survivors from doing generators. Bad habits like tunnel visioning a survivor for all five generators and lose a game because of that doesn't help but in general.. if the survivors wanna win they gonna win.

• switchswitch Member Posts: 489

They really need to make the game a little bit longer, somwhere around 10 mins would be perfect.

If the devs keep the maps this way they must increase the game time, or they keep the game this way but nerf most of the maps so there wont be soo much safety on them. It is absurd that they require 9 hooks when the game is usually over within 5-6 mins...

edited August 2019

@SovererignKing There are two things I see wrong. First, you hear the gen being worked on from inside the house before Claudette throws the pallet down. That immediately gives you information that a gen has been worked on (at least at 40-50% from the sounds of it) and that someone must be inside the house. You hook Claudette and don’t even bother to go in to check at all.

Another thing I see is you go back as soon as she gets saved, which was obvious because someone was in fact inside. You walk in and don’t even bother to kick the gen again. Which costs you a third gen.

You then find a gen that has been worked on but not a lot of progress on that one but you still don’t kick it. Then I don’t know if you dropped Laurie or what happened there but she gets off your grasp and basically gets a free escape but you continued to chase her.

Those are the things I see that cost you gens, especially since you knew ruin was gone at that point.

• laKUKAlaKUKA Member Posts: 307

Genrush is the most fun part from survirvor! lets keep doing this! I recomend prove yourself with bond!

beside you get more blood points making gens than a long chase.

edited August 2019

@SnakeSound222 There are two occasions in which I consider tunneling applies.

One is where a survivor has been chased for a fair amount of time, they get an escape (pallet/flashlight/DS saved) and the killer still continues to chase them. Another is when the killer goes immediately back after the person gets unhooked.

Either way, he didn't even bother to check around that pallet to make sure someone else wasn't there. He had time to do it.

Another thing is he shocks that Laurie, and his shock misses her..... this, when he knew he didnt have any add ons and knew he had to get much closer before attempting to shock. Even he acknowledges how bad the shock without add ons is.

I don't expect him to go for the healthy survivor instead of the full health one with DS but at some point he needed to have broken chase and check other gens possibly being done.

Which brings me to my main point and one that I have already pointed out before. Do you really expect survivors to not do anything aside from the objective which grants them an escape? A secondary objective is only going to give bad killers more time that they wouldn't otherwise need if they were actually not wasting it.

Imagine if you had survivors asking for you to assemble your own hooks... all those times they made mistakes and it resulting into a snowball that costed all of them to get hooked in one chase.

• UltraBananaUltraBanana Member Posts: 100

You got Haddonfield as a map is the first thing you did wrong. I also don't like the build. Are you running chase to chase (bbq) or hovering around hooks (make your choice)? Your build doesn't have much mid / late game gen pressure; really need to fit pop goes in there if you can. You missed plenty of bottles during those chases. That's also from 2018 and had the old DS rob you of hooks.

• bigbeefynachobigbeefynacho Member Posts: 252

This is a bad example, bc True spent way to much time chasing Laurie at the beginning of the game. She looped him for two full gens. Could've been more. As a killer, sometime you just have to break off loops early to patrol gens.

• Kidliquid01Kidliquid01 Member Posts: 7

Maybe a cool down period between gen popping?

• TeambossFlozeTeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

@Kerbert said it perfect. don't bloody make gens even longer, I think more skill checks and faster be ggood but not longer.

we need another objective

• FredKruegerFredKrueger Member Posts: 265

Ruin is not a counter anymore to gen rushing. All red and purple rank power through ruin like it's not even being ran. PGTW is your best chance now, but you have to hook someone in order to use it. Gens could be tweaked back to take a lil longer, or seriously buff ruin so it's actually useful again. Imagine if the killer could just power through your dead-hard and still hit you....

• Kidliquid01Kidliquid01 Member Posts: 7

Skill checks on totems and doors. Maybe initiate perks that activate and only works based on completed objective tasks, so that everyone isn't thinking generators at the start.

• venom12784venom12784 Member Posts: 585
    edited August 2019

Put more pressure on gens. Learn to disengage from a chase you can't win.

• jzinskyjzinsky Member Posts: 106

When the gens are completed in 4 mins you've got problems. This doesn't happen to me and I'm a sucky killer without ruin, noed and such..

• Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,868

I've said it a thousand times, gen timers alone will do nothing other than destroy the casual side and help a bit on the high ranks. If they want to tweak gen timers, they need to do it by rank, not overall. In Green/yellow ranks, gen timers are fine. When you get near rank 10 and beyond, it starts to thin the herd and the higher quality survivors kick in. That is when we need tweaks.

Unfortunately, increasing difficulty by rank is pointless if rank has no reward. One goes with the other.

• SpicybarbecueSpicybarbecue Member Posts: 183

they could do something like filling up on oil/gas or something before you can work on a gen. they could even use the mechanic they had from those puss flower things.

• gambit92gambit92 Member Posts: 55

All killers are viable called skill. Dont have to 4k every game. You play for a pip not a 4k