Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Why do people dc/suicide on the hook once they find out that you’re a good nurse?

2»

Comments

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,112

Guys, please don’t turn this into a “is Nurse counterable” thread. I was just annoyed that people kept dcing/suiciding.

• Maelstrom10Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922

Sorry. yeah its incredibly toxic and i dislike it just as much man

• CornChipCornChip Member Posts: 540

Most people only have so much time in the day to play games and have fun.

Most nurse games feel futile.

It feels worth dipping out of that game asap and finding a new one to maybe have more fun in.

• PrincessPoopPrincessPoop Member Posts: 919

Because nurse/her addons are over powered even on console. With that said people shouldn’t DC, but I understand people who suicide on hook when your team is already getting destroyed. It’s not fun, you barely get any bloodpoints, and you’ll most likely derank anyways. Best just to move on to the next match.

• TheShape78TheShape78 Member Posts: 712

You just answered your own question...they disconnect because they can't stand being defeated by a skillful killer who actually poses a legitimate threat to them. This isn't exclusive to the nurse either, it applies to every killer in the game. To those who say they "win" by disconnecting, that's not entirely accurate. It is actually the killer that wins, as they receive a "quitter bonus" points the moment they disconnect. This also applies to cases where it's their last hook before being sacrificed. The killer still wins because as far as I'm concerned, if the killer put them on their last hook, the kill still technically counts, even if they disconnect, as they would have died anyway.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,112
  • TheShape78TheShape78 Member Posts: 712

Wasn't aware of that, thank you for the clarification.

• CardgreyCardgrey Member Posts: 1,421
  • TheGorgonTheGorgon Member Posts: 777

i dont dc in general, but i really don't give out my full effort to the team when a nurse is going around.

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 2,703

Every other killer has survivors leading the killer around on a chase: survivor is in control.

For nurse it's her skill that dictates the flow of the chase.

With those dc survivors are only feeding their "random are trash" agenda, which in itself only happens because theyre so used to swf or cwf that their perception of a a normal trial is warped.

• SkeletalEliteSkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,314

because they don't want to play against a good nurse

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 2,703

Well that logic does only apply to survivors it seems.

All other killers except CANT play DBD like nurse. They get looped instead.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

Because for some people, it's easier to take a loss if they tell themselves it's not their fault ("The Nurse is broken and you can't do anything against her!") or if they pretend it was their decision all along ("You didn't kill me, I quit!").

• GloryGlory Member Posts: 241
    edited August 2019

DbD has a cool roster of unique killers. It also has what appears to be a playable character from Warframe dressed up as a nurse who constantly screeches for some reason, but that's for the devs to sort out.

• BithardBithard Member Posts: 406

DC = win

Seriously though I normally kill myself on hook when it is looking pretty helpless or my friend is already dead. You need a pretty good team to face a good nurse and that is rare playing with randoms.

• HiDeTHeB0diesHiDeTHeB0dies Member Posts: 18

I like playing against the nurse good or bad..respect for those who slay with her no doubt. But could be multiple reasons some dc..

• AkumaAkuma Member Posts: 407

What MandyTalk said

+ Like you said, if you're good Nurse then yea you won of course and maybe the survivors just wants to leave the lobby to dodge you and find a better one ^^

I mostly leave high ping huntress or spirit because it's not fun at all. But mostly I start playing one of these killer like Nurse and just destroy the people in my game. (Dont blame me, it's nurse and I had 3 years learning how to play her)

In conclusion

some people just suicide/dc to find a fun game. You dont know how many people ######### on em and how many bad games they had or idk

Personally i dont like dcs but i understand/feel the most cases