The 3.4.2 hotfix is starting to roll out on PC and consoles. For the release schedule and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/112060/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Monthly Player pip error reminder

MytchMytch Member Posts: 12

Hi, I've posted numerous times about this and just wanted to follow-up on it again.

This issue has been happening for months and I just want some kind of response or anything at all from a mod, a dev, a janitor at bhvr, anyone.

Please, I'm literally begging you guys to fix this issue. At least talk to us about it. I have been playing this game for almost a thousand hours now and I just want to play normally. Is that too much to ask? This bug is too crippling and it hinders me from fully enjoying the game.

My PC OS: Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

Attached is the logs on my account, As I've mentioned, I have reported this numerous times and if you look at my other posts, I've included screenshots as well.

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 965

Might wanna look here.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/77492/rank-update-error#latest

Seems like it's more likely to be ISP/Router/Firewall related based on the evidence these players have acquired.

• MytchMytch Member Posts: 12

Thank you for the reply but with all due respect, why would I, or anyone else having this issue, have to adjust something on our end because of an issue with dead by daylight and no other games that we play?

That being said, I will still try the stated workarounds just because I want a normal playing experience and frankly I'm tired posting about this.

With all due respect back, if some people are having the problem and MOST aren't (assuming PC rather than XBox or PSN since their network outage stuff is outside of the realm of something we can control), then why would that be the games fault?

I pointed out that some folks have managed to fix it with VPN's and different routers. That means there's definitely a routing issue between you and whatever storage medium BHVR is using. Why? I don't know. It could be your firewall, your router, your ISP, your DNS service, etc.

But the fact that not everyone has the issue means it's absolutely related to something users affected by this have... specifically on the internet side.

• SephisSephis Member Posts: 5

Good to see, that now they try to blame the players and not the game for gamebraking technical issues. An Error, which appears when the game changes and nothing on the user side (like in my situation, it appeared exactly with the ghostface update, nothing changed before or after in my settings) is the fault of the game, how hard to understand is that?

• Eternal0088Eternal0088 Member Posts: 53

I've also been suffering, dealing with this bug. Stuck @ R20 survivor and R15 Killer. Getting the worst lobbies on the planet. Not being able to see my end game emblems or other people's perks (so I at least know how I can improve!) and generally just having a really bad time with the game since this happened.

I firmly believe there should be compensation for anyone dealing with this issue. Be it in the form of BP or Iri shards and I think everyone who is dealing with this needs to speak up. We paid good money for the game, and possibly some DLC, and we've heard absolutely nothing apart from "we're now looking into it". If this was a car that wasn't working right you bet your ass you'd be getting compensation for it not running as its supposed to. Do NOT let these guys get away with abusing gamers AKA customers AKA the people that pay their bills like this.

To everyone dealing with this crap, open new tickets. Submit your logs. And demand compensation. Because I 100% guarantee that you're owed it. This is not okay.

To everyone else who isn't experiencing this nonsense, and specifically the person who claimed that MOST people aren't experiencing it. How do you know? Where did you get your numbers? If you have numbers of exactly how many people are effected; post it. Or are you just trying to throw sand on this dumpster fire on BHVR's behalf?

Alright, I want to preface this by saying that I'm not being rude or trying to cause arguments. I'm trying to get folks to think logically instead of just going in with emotional responses.

Look at the steam activity charts. That's how you get a rough number of how many folks are playing the game (almost 15k as of this posting, just over 19k as the 30-day average). Then look at how many people report this issue. It's probably less than 100, but let's call it 100 for the sake of argument.

Those numbers alone are why I'm saying it's an issue on the user end, not the BHVR end. The fact there's posts here where people have fixed it with VPN's and different routers further adds to this.

It's either something in your DNS settings, a port your router is blocking/your firewall is blocking/your ISP is blocking, etc. I know folks will come in and say "But X game works fine!" Different games use different ports for online connectivity, so that cannot be used as evidence that everything is "fine" on your end.

If you want to submit logs to see if support can identify which ports are causing the issues, then please feel free. The URL for that is https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us

Don't go in there demanding compensation, especially when there is posted proof on the forums of users fixing it themselves. Be polite, be respectful and maybe they can work out which ports are causing the issue.

I agree with you, compensation is idiotic. Would be enough when the devs would really try to fix their game and actually know what they are doing.

Of course it is on the users end, everyone with a brain knows that.

BUT it still isn't the task of the users to change their settings, buy a vpn or buy a new router because the devs brake something in their game which causes this issue. Everything worked fine, update, boom game brakes for a few player => game fault, so the devs should fix it. Everyone with a brain should know that too.

Btw. saying something about numbers is not very clever. Not everyone who has this bug reports it, even i know 10 player who have this bug (and that are just my nearest community members) and i am the only one of them who reported it. They just quit playing because they are so annoyed and honestly, a mod like you doesn't let people stay in the game, they just lose the trust their problems are taken seriously.

edited August 9

Btw. when the official solution is to buy vpns and new routers everytime the devs make a bad update, they should think about making dbd f2p. Just saying, vpns and routers are not cheap.

I'm absolutely NOT suggesting anyone buy a VPN since that's against steams EULA. I wouldn't suggest buying a router either just because they're a pain to setup properly with whatever hardware your ISP has provided

But I know a lot of folks who use google DNS instead of the one their ISP uses. Stuff like DNS servers is absolutely something an end-user can look at and play around with for free. :)

edited August 9

yeah already did that, didnt help. Only way i see is waiting to see if the devs (and the mods) accept that they have to fix it or quit playing. cause i like my steam account and doesnt want to get banned.

Edit: Speaking of it, it seems they finally try a solution. Well, i wanted nothing more. Case closed

Post edited by Sephis on

I actually woke up to a message today telling me they're looking into it and pass it on.

And it seems they let folks know already. So that's good.

When is patch scheduled?

But I know a lot of folks who use google DNS instead of the one their ISP uses. Stuff like DNS servers is absolutely something an end-user can look at and play around with for free. :)

Also, would just like to say that I never had to do anything like this before. The game worked fine. I never changed anything with my PC. Patch came out. I started having this error.

Pretty ignorant of you to say that its on my end, or something that I did, to cause this. It was 100% on BHVRs end. Quit trying to pass the buck to the user when chances are they did absolutely nothing and started encountering this error.

• Slay___Slay___ Member Posts: 384
    edited August 14

VPNs are not against the Steam EULA. Steam store even used to have (can't find any right now) gaming VPN software for sale for a long time, for example this now removed product which still has their news feed visible on Steam, https://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=315880&appgroupname=WTFast+Gamers+Private+Network+%28GPN%29

From EULA:

You agree that you will not use IP proxying or other methods to disguise the place of your residence, whether to circumvent geographical restrictions on game content, to purchase at pricing not applicable to your geography, or for any other purpose. If you do this, Valve may terminate your access to your Account.

It's just against the EULA to use any means of routing your traffic (VPN for example) into tricking Steam thinking you are from another (usually cheaper) country to purchase games within their store, which is why they ask for your billing address and restrict (gift copies) some cheaper region games so they can only be activated if your billing address matches that country.

You are free to play and use VPN as long as you don't try to purchase games using another country/region for cheaper game and possibly tax.

Do you have a router/modem where your ISP can remotely configure and update it? Maybe you just had bad luck where both the game and your ISP updated your router/modem configuration at the same time to block something.

ISPs usually block known ports for torrenting (peer to peer system), SMTP (email spamming), malware or other suspicious activity that they might spot - with a small possibility of false detection of course.

With router/modem where your ISP can block ports or edit configuration on they are most likely to do so if think something fishy is going on but if you use a modem/router which they can't access (some allow that, some don't - for example my ISP did offer me a modem and I declined and my previous ISP did give me a modem but I could still use another one if I were to purchase one). But if the ISP allows you to use your own router/modem then they usually only opt for mass blocking on their own network switches and firewalls and tend to block way less ports, for example I think the only port they block for me right now is the SMTP mail server with port 25 but I really haven't tested which ports are open and which ones are blocked so I am not that sure.

The part you're missing is that they can and will ban you for using a VPN, even if you aren't trying to circumvent your region just to get cheaper games.

Hence why it is not something I cannot recommend in the troubleshooting forums.

And I strongly recommend not elaborating on it for the same reason.

• Slay___Slay___ Member Posts: 384
    edited August 15

Can you PM me the part you mean that I might of missed? I re-read the whole Steam Subscriber Agreement and didn't find anything about it being against the EULA.

I also Googled a bit and found this, https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/73iop4/usageofvpnisnot_strictly_prohibited/

If it really do cause bans then I need to stop recommending that on the Steam forums for players experiencing this issue.

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 4,478

As this is in the Steam Subscriber Agreement, we cannot advise people to use a VPN for ANY reason on Steam.

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 4,478

Also this issue is being looked at internally and it is expected that a fix will be included in the next patch.

Hello everyone, I gave up on this issue when I got the initial reply to this thread by the mod, but I think I've stated that this pip error is not new to me. By this time, I forgot when it started because it has been so long. My best guess is February or March. It rubbed me the wrong way that I had to fix it on my end and telling me I was replying in an emotional state but again, I have posted this for months. I just didn't reply because I admit, I lost my cool but, who wouldn't?

I tried the DNS thing, numerous VPNs, purchased a new router, just so that I don't deal with any mods anymore but this is still going on with me.

I just want to play normally. Is that too much to ask? It is affecting me more now with the rifts and me being unable to stay on a party with my friends, every.single.game.

Please, I beg you, help me.

At this point, since you've got WAAAAAAAAY above everything we'd recommend, I'd contact the support desk.

Tell them you've done all of this, you've waited for the patch that will supposedly fix it, and you still have the problem. Why? Because I think they need to take a look at the logs on their side, and on your account, to see if they can work out what on earth is going on.

I did that yesterday too, #423827 this is my ticket number. I gave them everything they asked, logs, my pc specs, I'm waiting for a reply. I know they're busy since I encounter archive bugs too but, this is leaps and bounds more annoying than that, I don't mind repeating quests because sometimes they don't count.

If you can maybe follow up on my ticket? it's been 12 hours since, but there's no reply. Thank you for your time!

I don't have access to the ticket system, i'm afraid.