Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

dear solo players

danaradanara Member Posts: 129

i would just like to inform you all that self-caring in the corner instead of working on gens are the reason games go on for so long thus making everyone on the team die, as there are still 4 gens up 10 minutes into the game.

rush the gens and learn to handle a chase while injured, it’s not too hard i promise

Comments

• My_FarewellMy_Farewell Member Posts: 495

I'm another solo survivor who runs bond + open handed, if i see you guys self caring in a corner i'll lead the killer to you :)

• danaradanara Member Posts: 129

not telling them to play that way at all, just letting people know you will lose over half your games if you play the entire match as a self-care bot.

some people really can’t stand being injured for longer than 5 seconds. that’s fine though, just waste 32 precious seconds whilst someone else is in a chase.

like the other person said there’s a time and place for self-care. usually during endgame or whatever scenario, but some people seem to forget that they can do stuff injured once they have the perk equipped...lol

• danaradanara Member Posts: 129

i play for fun, fact of the matter is you really do win by escaping.

believe me i enjoy getting chased more than anything else survivor side. half the time i’m THAT survivor running the killer for minutes whilst my team are all busy self-caring in the corner. understand now?

• XAbbasXXAbbasX Member Posts: 55

As i solo player myself

You are right

there was a nea with urban invasion just crawling around instead doing gens😂😂😂

• ZertixZertix Member Posts: 122

I agree with this 100%. Not healing just for the sake of "not healing and rushing gens" is sometimes a bad move and an opportunity for the killer to snowball. Not healing should be a calculated risk, a decision made based on the circumstances of the match (how many gens left? Do you have adrenaline? how many survivors left? is it a killer that can get free first hit? is the killer spirit or nurse? are you in a safe spot of the map? are you dead on the next hook? is the killer running sloppy butcher and/or thanatophobia?). Usually self caring is not really worth it.

I used to bring self care but I realized I don't use it most of the matches. It is a good perk and useful in some situations but still does not justify a perk slot.

• MadjuraMadjura Member Posts: 2,130

This

If you run Self-Care and no item then you are doing something wrong. Use the item slot for a medkit and run a different perk

Perk slot value >> item slot value

• Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

There are people like this in red ranks. Sad.

• darkcobradarkcobra Member Posts: 19

To be fair at low rank, running self care is a MUST. The protocol at low rank apparently is to unhook and take off for 5 minutes running after the guy who unhooked you until he feels safe enough to heal you when the killer was obviously in a chase during the unhook and it would have been safe to heal right there.

I run self care JUST to start the healing animation right off the hook (i run object) then the guy unhooking sometimes turns back and heals me right there.

• DaS_onlyDaS_only Member Posts: 656

Best when they self-care against Legion, big yikes. I just suicide if I see at least 2 doing this nonsense. Not worth the effort and time trying to win that.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,325

or ripping the doors open immediately.

FFS others are lookign for the NOED totem and the killer is NOT EVEN NEAR YOU!

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 4,273

Always remember taking another survivor off a gen to heal you loses the same amount of gen progression and that's not including the time to find them.

Not everyone is good at looping or even likes too. Never try and push your way of playing onto others or talk down to them due to it being not how you play. Players are free to play and use what they wish.

If anything versus a good competent killer those that refuse to heal can be the ones who get those that do killed quicker. It works both ways.

• SaitamfedSaitamfed Member Posts: 1,484

Well I run self care but I hate when I unhook someone and he run all the way to a corner and I am chasing him in order to heal them because they don't have self care. I use self care when I know I am at a safe place.

• SaitamfedSaitamfed Member Posts: 1,484

@Thaznar I think the point is about running to the corner in order to use self care

• oktobmeroktobmer Member Posts: 4

Its literally impossible when your bleeding out of your ass while the killer is frickin going a Million miles per hour and they tunnel you 24/7

Salts better than pepper.

• HeroiqHeroiq Member Posts: 1,134

That's why i dodge claudettes (especially with immersed outfits)

• AwakeyAwakey Member Posts: 3,145

As a mainly solo player who usually distracts, I approve.

• aurum_exeaurum_exe Member Posts: 178
    edited August 2019

I'm a main solo player even if i play SWF sometimes, and 90% of the time i end up to be the last player in the game, and very often in this percentage i can get the exit. Why? Self-caring in a corner. While the others lay on the ground, 'cause handle injuried chase isn't that easy as you state, i still have one chance more to heal them, unhook them etc. while killer is distracted. So, self-care in a corner is good for me. Self-caring in a corner all the life.

• gantesgantes Member Posts: 1,611

I particularly don't run SC because I don't enjoy holding M1 for 32 more seconds, but you do you tbh

This game ain't competitive enough for me to take it that seriously tbh. Just don't run Bond and you don't tilt every time it happens.

• UsuiUsui Member Posts: 531

Dear arrogant selfish gen rusher, i've been tunneled all game, finally managed to escape the killer, PLEASE HEAL ME BECAUSE I DONT RUN SELF CARE SINCE IT WAS NERFED INTO THE FLOOR!

• AkumaAkuma Member Posts: 407

+ you can heal each other way faster, if there is someone on your way ^^ but iidc if i am injured, you adapt.

but yea I hate those selfcare people. Not even because they selfcare. It's more like:

They doing it the whole game... They consum this perk like every other thing in their reallifes. It's nuts and if thats not enough: Their 32 seconds Full health state means not much to them, they often get easily first hit or they offer a hit just to selfcare for another 32 seconds -_-

Here is how it should be:

Hooked, Chasing, Rescuing, Repairing

here is what it is with excessive selfcare users:

Hooked, Chasing, Repairing, Selfcaring

or

Hooked, Chasing, Rescuing, Selfcaring

In one scenario people die way faster, in the other one doing gens takes way to long.

Please guys try out some weeks without selfcare. Ive been inlove with bond. Sounds silly and I never liked this perk before. But in solo qs it's dope. You know so much things, you play way more efficient. i like seeing whats happening it helps making better decisions instead of guessing what is going on right now. Borrowed Time, Decisive, Adrenaline, BL, DH, Spine CHill, Iron Will, Lightweight, Small Game (...) so many good perks, allowing many different playstyles to win a game way more efficient and smarter.

Selfcare is luxury. If you run it, use it ######### wisely. And dont consume it like your favorite fast food. It's killing :P Like, seriously.

• vh_vh_ Member Posts: 34
    edited August 2019

Please BHVR, buff Self-Care so we can heal while running 🙏🙏🙏

LOL. So now the other player get downed because i self-care when i can? Nope i do gens also, i didn't got my red rank just because i self care. You can get in a lobby with good players and get in a lobby with really bad ones. So, self-care is one more chance to stay alive. I can get Killers don't like this (of course they don't). Generalize is a bad habit, every game is different. Same rules but different.

edited August 2019

LOL. So the main reason why very often the others players in my games get downed is because i do self-care? Maybe a little of their responsibility of not being able to escape the killer? I also do gens, heal, unhook etc. etc. etc. I do my part, i didn't get my red rank just because i self-care in a corner. You can get in a lobby with good players and in a lobby with really bad ones. Every game is different. Same rules but with different results, and there are players you simply can't team up. Generalize is a really bad habit. With self-care i can have one more chance to survive to a really bad game... i can get that killers don't like self-care. Of course they don't. XD

Post edited by aurum_exe on