Something's strange about the next chapter...

My M1 and M2 need to be clicked up to 6 times to have them do anything

MoppotMoppot Member Posts: 1
edited August 11 in Technical Issues

Recently I've been having an issue that has been happening in Dead by Daylight and only DBD. Whenever I'm killer or survivor I will have to click multiple times to do anything. It's making the game unbearable to play killer since I have the perfect time to attack but I end up having to click 4 or 5 times to do anything and then I'll end up doing a short swing and not going far enough. I know this all sounds like an excuse because I'm a bad but I've pushed through it and made it to rank 5 on both sides while dealing with the issue and I genuinely don't know what to do to fix it. And for the obvious solutions, no it's not my mouse as I recently got a new one because of the issue. Also, I've tried reinstalling the game but the issue still prevails through it and continues to be a nuisance in near all of my games. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Tagged:

Comments

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 180

Since you've done the obvious stuff (change mouse, reinstall the game, checked for the issue on other games) I'd submit a support ticket at https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us

My shot in the dark guess is it might be something to do with your mouse driver/software, but that is honestly just a guess. They might be able to go through what's running on your system and try to work out the issue. :)

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 583

I'm pretty sure it's because your mouse is going off screen (probs the right side). You may find that if you jerk your mouse to the left when that's happening that you should be able to click. What I've heard is that full screen mode is just a large, border-less windowed mode, and that's why the mouse can leave. Test to see what is happening with your mouse by playing a game in windowed mode.

I have this problem myself, and changing computer scaling to 100% will solve the problem, but I can't do that because my game would be unplayable (that setting change inadvertently increases resolution, making it super laggy).

Setting your windows scaling to 100% does not increase resolution.

It changes the text/icon size on your desktop. It's mostly intended for folks with greater than 1080p resolution. As an example, my main gaming rig was running at 125% scaling due to a 1440p panel to make everything look the same as it should on a 1080p panel.

I turned that back to 100% and just put anything non-gaming on the other, 1080p panel and deal with it.

The above video is 100% scaling.

The above video is 250% scaling. You can see that the settings are the same but that the resolution is now bearable on my PC.

Never had that issue on mine.

If you can't/won't run scaling 100%, then lower your resolution in windows. That kinda looks like 4k.

• XaggyXaggy Member Posts: 100

Devs should tell us something about this issue. It's very annoying when I need to click 2-3 times to hit survivor. Funny is this is happening only in the chase.

I reduced my resolution in windows to the lowest, and then was able to run DbD at 100% scaling, meaning that my mouse would no longer go off my screen.

This was a very annoying bug to go through and deal with, so I hope this thread helps someone else find his/her way.

@KhaineGB , any word on why this happens?

Absolutely no idea at all.

But as a 1440p user, I hope it gets fixed soon.

• AlfredAlfred Member Posts: 248

Windows 10

4k 200% scaling = full HD DBD

4k 100% scaling = 4k DBD (text is unreadable because of no scaling)

Maybe you have to tell us the biggest secret of the Universe:

Why this game does not have resolution option in menu?

I honestly wish I knew