Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Attention Steam and EGS players: a quick hotfix will be going live today at 11AM ET to address file validation reliability. Thank you for your understanding!

According to EAC you can use macros

DaS_onlyDaS_only Member Posts: 656
edited August 2019 in General Discussions

As long as it doesn't give you an unfair advantage. This means wiggling and struggling macros are totally fine. Here a Screenshot of the email:

Comments

• Rademenes16Rademenes16 Member Posts: 36

I have macro built in my mouse and its fine :P

Im always using it when struggling on hook

• BigBubsBigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

Ofc you can. You always could.

• DaS_onlyDaS_only Member Posts: 656
    edited August 2019

"EAC is only interested of the use of 3rd party programs which give you an unfair advantage"

Wiggle and struggle macros do not give you an advantage, therefore it's fine for EAC. It's 1+1 right here, no rocket science.

Post edited by DaS_only on
  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

A while back some people were complaining that they'd been banned for having used a specific wiggle/struggle macro. So go ahead and keep using them, see what happens.

• MadjuraMadjura Member Posts: 2,103

They also say that developers may have specifically banned certain tools that are not being banned for by default by EAC

Using macros is a dumb idea. Since you are claiming that they are fine you should be able to provide proof that the devs allow macro use

• CakeDutyCakeDuty Member Posts: 864

I've used a macro for my whole 2 years of playing this game and I have yet to be banned. I just don't wanna destroy my keyboard mashing buttons

edited August 2019

Dbd EULA: https://store.steampowered.com/eula/381210_eula_0

(If the link doesn't work because the forum hates underscores, Google "dbd eula")

I. Rules of Conduct

While participating in the Game, you also agree to comply with certain rules of conduct that govern your use of the Game (“Rules of Conduct”), for example you may not: 

[...]

• Use or distribute “auto” software programs, “macro” software programs or other “cheat utility” software program or applications.

The email states that developers may ban certain tools at their own discretion. It appears that by default EAC does not care about macros. The EULA however specifically mentions that macros are not allowed.

You are therefore breaking the rules by using macros and are also encouraging others to do the same.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

This unfolded on another forum that was responsible for spreading the macro. Literally dozens of people complaining about having been banned, all having only the macro in common. I don't think they were lying.

Also, as Madjura pointed out, and as I mentioned earlier, the devs explicitly state that you're not allowed to use macros.

• JallybwanJallybwan Member Posts: 407

It might be beneficial to get a mod in here to clarify this. The use of a macro doesn't give you any advantage, and I actually did end up breaking my spacebar by struggling. I had to rebind it to right shift.

(Yes, I tried the "set it to mouse scroll down" trick. Doesn't work for me, and I have no idea why.)

@Peanits

The EULA doesn't state that it needs to give an advantage to be a violation of the rules. If that is not the case then the EULA should be updated to reflect this. The way it is currently written means that any macro use is a clear violation, regardless of what it does

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 3,806

I met someone in their first week of play who got banned that week for using a wiggle macro.

• Rizzo90Rizzo90 Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 12,134

If you need more info on that topic, you can contact support, because ultimately it's a developers decision to allow something like that or not.

Closing the thread.

• PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 6,677

Macros are still a grey area. The EULA specifies that you're risking a ban by doing so. Like EAC, we're only concerned with situations where macros could be used to gain an advantage (e.g. botting).

If you're worried about whether or not what you're using it for is okay, you're better off playing it safe and not doing it.

This discussion has been closed.