Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Devs, should we stop grinding?

So since there wasn't mentioned any kind of reward or compensation for those who grinded after the 2nd grind cut off I assume they will actually be nothing for us. So the question is should we just stop grinding till the grind cut off update is released and just use the bloodpoints on an already maxed out character? Or will the difference won't be that significant?

Comments

• ElkElk Member Posts: 2,267

I am already grinding out and leveling my max out my character to get all perks for them, so i can start a new character, either on another max out character or on the new chapter one, on the updated bloodweb.

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 4,262

I am grinding blood points with BBQ and WGLF as normal on my mains and feeding them into the ones I want add-ons and more perks on.

I don't see the need to stop grinding now as I'm playing the game anyway and can get 1mil BP easily a day or two before the patch.

I may as well spend my bloodpoints as making it easier will just mean I don't have to grind as hard when it goes live it makes no change to what I do now.

• Cornpopers_EvanCornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

That's really all up for you to decide honestly. As @twistedmonkey said, I'm using BBQ and WGLF on anybody I can and still dumping some bloodpoints into characters but mainly keeping a lot for the update.

• LirulinielLiruliniel Member Posts: 3,007

Prestigeing is a waste of time imho

On the other hand I like to prestige the ones I use a lot. So far both my survivor and killer main are the only prestiged 3 anything everyone else is lvl 50 or close to it.

• Speshul_KittenSpeshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

“...improve your chances of finding the perks you want while also reducing the total number of bloodwebs required to unlock all perks.”

it sounds to me like it’s gonna only benefit new players and anyone who wants to prestige.

the rest of us get a big thank you though.

• SeanzuSeanzu Member Posts: 6,765

I'm basically just buying items on my main survivor for now, I have all killers maxed and 4 survivors maxed so I'm waiting.

the best move is to sit around 900K and then just spend 100k here or there so you never max.

• indieeden7indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,035

For all we know they might calculate how many levels in total you have reached and give all players an adequate amount of BPs to make up for the grind. I doubt it, but it's probably a possibility.

• PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 6,677

There is no conceivable way that not leveling up something now would make it faster in the future. Any point you spend on a character that's already maxed out now is a point that's not progressing a character that you haven't finished.