We have made some changes and added a new feature to the forums. For more details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/858959/#Comment_858959
Are you ready to see the Cursed Legacy trailer?
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

How does everyone feel about the Clown's bottle reload time?

So i'm quite a fan of the clown but one gripe I have with him is that it takes a long time to refill his bottles. Now, I know there are add-ons to fix this problem, and these add-ons are actually my go to build with him but I just feel without them the reload is a bit harsh. I know it would be there to make you decide whether to not refill and continue a chase, or whether to break off from the chase and refill but I feel that can hurt the Clown quite a lot.

I would really just like either:

1. His recharge speed is a bit quicker by derfault
  2. He moves faster while he is reloading

I think either one of these would be a nice buff for the Clown but of course this is just my opinion. Let me know what you think!

Comments

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 1,865

I think it is fine as it is. If you're good with the bottles you won't need more than 4 to down a survivor.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 4,456

If you're reloading that much during chases then you're wasting bottles and making bad throws. I don't think his reload time or speed needs adjusting.

• DermottDermott Member Posts: 4

Well, Clown is kinda self-sufficent, he doesn't need lockers to resupply his power, so he can still continue the chase (kinda). The reload time and slow walk is for balance purposes, that's for sure. But I agree, reloading without addons seems to take ages.

I would like to see slighty faster reload speed but only for 2 bottles per reload. Maybe as (un)common addon? Maybe as base mechanic? :)

• ChesterTheMolesterChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited July 2018
    A tip i can give is to wait for him to get to a pallet and reload while positioning as he is preparing to run around it. Especially the unsafe ones.
  • VisionmakerVisionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

I think it's fine as it is. It is nowhere near as punishing as the Huntress's Hatchets, and they're honestly better in a chase when used right, in my opinion.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,721

As I see it, you're only supposed to reload after a chase ends, so it's acceptable to me.

• slingshotsurvivorslingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 934
    If you spam the reload button he goes fast the whole game. Love that I can insta down. Survivors don't stand a chance! The only killer I am going to main... Way way better than MM. 
  • IronWolf115IronWolf115 Member Posts: 671

Yeah, I mean I can get round the reload time with the add-ons I use for him so it doesn't bother me that much, I just wondered what everyone thought

• Doom_PunkDoom_Punk Member Posts: 371

It's pretty slow but I might be the only one that uses both reload addons.

2 second reloads, clink swish-swish-swish done.

Those addons together are awesome. The base power is pretty good on its own for me to not really see a point to add anything else to it except quicker bottles.