The 3.6.0 PTB is now live on Steam! For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130916/
We are aware and looking into the issue which caused players to have their rank reset further than intended. If your rank was not reset at all this month, this is a visual bug and closing and re-opening the game should fix it.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Change Borrowed Time to include killers standing within 5m of hooked person?

2»

Comments

• thekatethekate Member Posts: 37

Believe me there are some many killers do this even with high ranks.

• avilmaskavilmask Member Posts: 527

But killers that do that never rank or even derank. So if you get them every game, they never get to higher ranks. Basically, if higher rank killers exist, your statement is false.

• Johnny212Johnny212 Member Posts: 35

Oh okay, instead of discussing the thing or debate my opinion, you decided to insult me because of my "bad" writing?

Fair enough man, I see no reason to debate or discuss with you since you're type of guy who like to mock other just because they not as perfect as you at writing long sentence. Keep that ego of yours.

• DBDistoxicDBDistoxic Member Posts: 1

Developers need to do something about tunneling and camping. Its toxic and ruins the gameplay experience. It's getting pretty bad, and the killers have been getting A LOT of new counter perks and counter tactics (New end game, DS buff, re worked Freddy, and a way OP killer in ghost face). Gen rushing gets boring pretty quick, and finding then cleansing totems while trying to gen rush is damn near impossible.

I dont play killer that often but when I do it's not that hard to get a 4k without tunneling and camping,and it's a hell of a lot more fun playing that way. And before you say something stupid like GeT GuDd, or "it doesnt ruin gameplay" remember people walk away from games with [BAD WORD] balancing all the time. And it will happen with this game if nothing is done. How about the player being camped dies at a slower rate if the killer stays within a certain range of the hooked survivor? Just a sensible idea 🤷‍♂️

P.S. it would be nice to be able to punish toxic gameplay on both sides. But society is filled with [BAD WORD] people now days so it's hard to do that.

• Johnny212Johnny212 Member Posts: 35

Oh okay, so instead of discussing or debating my statement, you decided to insult me, just because my "bad" writing?

Fair enough man, I don't see any benefits for discussing something with someone who couldn't respect other people either.

Keep that ego mate, you're indeed perfect and the best in the world.

• gantesgantes Member Posts: 1,474

I legitimately didn't understand much of your post, sorry if I was rude.

• SunderMunSunderMun Member Posts: 1,071

Allowing BT to work against zero terror radius face camping at FIVE METERS is not punishing a camper, but allowing a chance at counterplay that isn't just 'let the survivor die because we're too lazy to come up with a solution to this BS'

• Locker_MonsterLocker_Monster Member Posts: 496

It's only 'BS' because you don't like it.

It's not a bug, glitch, or abuse of mechanics.

It requires a Killer to give up a perk slot AND gen pressure AND 3 other kills for ONE KILL.

And if you're running in against a Killer clearly FIVE METERS away, that's your fault. Not the Killers, and not the games.

Why should the Killer get punished for YOU wanting to make a bad play?

He used your friend as bait to go Survivor Fishing, and you bit. Stop acting like this is somehow not completely in your control to avoid.

• theArashitheArashi Member Posts: 722

Isn't that EXACT point of the perk? Hiding heartbeat is what this perk does.

It is actually designed for camping as it is hard to use for anything else.

Maybe changing it to instead trigger when you stand still in chase or something?

edited August 2019

You're not listening to anyone are you?

No, it's BS because it means 5 people aren't playing the game because 2 are at a hook while 3 are just holding M1 and not interacting and by doing that they actually give that killer an advantage because he will run NOED; not enough time to find all totems and do all gens while this one person is being camped.

But OK, go cry some more about how the killer is the one sacrificing themselves in making the game the most boring piece of crap to play when they do that. :)

edited August 2019

It was designed with mindgames in mind; by removing your heartbeat, it also removes the red stain. The camping was just a nasty side effect that wasn't thought of when making it.

Making it activate in chase, but faster than 3 seconds would be a great change and add some extra variety for killers when it comes to perks tbh.

• Leonardo1itaLeonardo1ita Member Posts: 396
    edited August 2019

The problem here is that killers retain (RIGHTLY) that the game is too much unfairly unbalanced for killers, and this is true, but this doesn't mean that we gotta make the game unfun for everybody. We can all agree that everything must have a counter in this game, but some things in this game don't have any kind of counter, for example red syringes, keys, etc.

Camping and facecamping have their own counter : doing gens. The fact is that this game must be funny and rewording for strong players, and even if after a facecamper with insidious camped you allies would rush the [BAD WORD] out of him, you still would lose the pip, even if survivors would win the match. The problem is that this should happen, so you don't get punished for doing your team work and winning the match, and this sucks