Due to a power outage we will be postponing The Archive live broadcast that was planned for 2PM today. We will communicate as soon as we have an ETA. Thank you.
The stench of rotting Pustula Plants fills the air: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/93854/
Some players have been facing an issue that causes partial loss of progress. We found one cause of the issue and are planning a fix for the mid-chapter update. In the meantime you can use this workaround: restart the game client after using the Custom game feature. Thank you.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Issue Posting.........

AceonfireAceonfire Member Posts: 164

From my old IP on both a new and an old account, I couldnt create a post. It was an issue with the post box. I created a test account and from a new IP, I was able to post.

After inspecting the element, I found the following lines:

I edited accordingly as shown below and can now post. (happened in Firefox, Edge and Chrome, all with clean browsing history and site data)

I'm not typically a tinfoil hat kinda guy but seeing as how my normal static IP was the variable, and it happened on both accounts...this looks kinda fishy to me.

If you don't want me posting, please just say so and I will have no problem not visiting the forums.

Tagged:

Comments

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 3,938

Thanks for this information. The problem started occurring yesterday - it happened for me too, I couldn't post properly last night (UK times), this is not something we have control of, we're discussing the situation with Vanilla.

I've been able to post this morning without issue, but some people are still having the problem and I didn't make any adjustments to my system.

I'm sorry that you've had this problem please rest assured that this is nothing we've had any control of and is not aimed at anyone. So please keep posting!

Mandy

• JdsgamesJdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    edited August 16

Had the same issue. Fixed now for whatever reason.

Couldn't post for like the entire day :/

Can you confirm if this is still happening to you?

• TalmeerTalmeer Member Posts: 548
    edited August 16

If he still has the problem, he won't answer.

I had yesterday the same problem.

No matter what I tried. Other browser, with, or without addblock/no script.

Today it works... If I I give this page a ok for no script. That was not necessary before. Seems to have something to do with Java script and with that I was never affine.

He was able to bypass it yesterday by taking the time and finding the right variables needed to post. However, I got in contact with a few mods and Peanits last night and they said they contacted the forum guys so it might have gotten an asap fix.