Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Does anyone actually use the "did you have fun" rating?

@Peanits does this rating thing actually give any statistics? Also title. Out of playing dbd for a whole year I've only noticed this thing like twice

Best Answers

Answers

• BBQnDemogorgonBBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,592

I don't.

I don't use the props system either. They're seemingly useless. If there was a reason i'd probably use them but i've never even heard the devs mention these things.

Besides saying they work of course.

• Dr_LoomisDr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Yeah when I get four Mori kills. 5 star rating ahoy!

• LawrenceGordonLawrenceGordon Member Posts: 77

There's a rating system? Where?

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 13,580

Lol no, i'll use it once it does something.

• TalmeerTalmeer Member Posts: 1,520

The 4 or 5 circles right above the endmatch screen.

The more circles you click on, the more it counts as a fun match if I remember correctly.

• PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 6,708

It does actually do something, it's just for internal use. (i.e. It won't affect your matches. People would abuse that so hard.)

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 13,580

I'll use it once it does something for me directly.*

Fixed.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143
  • Bludge23Bludge23 Member Posts: 234

I use it every single game

• swager21swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

I use it, but as if my opinion matters.

• shiffpup2shiffpup2 Member Posts: 99

I did at first, but I don't understand what they would do with it. Like, what is "fun"? Won't everyone have a different thought on what's "fun" for them? And even if it is being used, what can they do with a 3 circle "I had fun" rating?

• ZozzyZozzy Member Posts: 4,759

you do know that 9/10 times people leave a review or rating when they have something to be angry about right? Or do you count no vote as a 5/5?

• Scream_Queen865Scream_Queen865 Member Posts: 95

I give props even though they're not notified..it's like my own little high-five to that teammate 😄😄

• KissingxToastKissingxToast Member Posts: 30

I use the Did you have fun feature every game. I also give props to killers I felt were pretty amazing. Idk if either works but I do it anyway because maybe it does

• HeckaYeahHeckaYeah Member Posts: 187

I really wish we could be shown when we're given props, especially since there's no cross console chat or even a general "good game" button to send. I props teammates and my killers loans but they never see it

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

I always use it if I have an unusually fun game or a game that was especially unfun both despite the match's outcome.

I use it seldom otherwise.

• th3th3 Member Posts: 1,699

I use it when I see ruin undying builds and I didn’t have fun (which is 99% of those matches).

• ukenickyukenicky Member Posts: 1,343

I use it only for 1 or 5 ratings. No in between.

When we have an absolutely awful match against a killer with little to no counterplay such as Spirit or Freddy or just any killer that partakes in hardcore tunneling and camping and then goes out of their way to be rude in end game chat etc. I'll put a 1 / didn't have any fun because honestly it isn't fun to go up against certain killers that are SS+ tier right now or killers who are just being mean for the sake of being mean and trying to ruin everyone's fun.

I certainly hope any and all 1 ratings against Spirit, Freddy and Twins helps Behavior know that these are characters with "fun" problems and need to be looked at (Freddy is obviously getting worked on soon). I hope they work on Spirit and Twins next. Especially Twins, it sucks that they're so weak without hardcore slugging, tunneling and camping.

And yeah, on the flipside if I have a lot of fun, whether it be playing against a killer who happens to be super fun to play against (Eg. Billy) or they're a decently nice killer (Not like, let us escape but just, not mean / rude) I'll put a 5 star even if we all die. Although in that case I'll usually also give the killer a props / commend on their profile because I can't stress this enough:

We need more nice survivor and killer players. End the cycle of toxicity please.

Anyways, I'm glad Behavior confirms that they draw some feedback from this as I will continue to use it lol

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 6,182

I do. Ah, so they do pay attention to it.

• AlmoAlmo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120

Please rate your matches. I've already done a few studies that included these data.

• noctis129noctis129 Member Posts: 967

I use to use it when I was a noob. But than I forgot that it existed. Now I don't care.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,302

i usually rate them.

unless i forgot, but thats rather rare.

i also give props to people that were nice in end chat. ^^