Home Discussions General Discussions

I'm so done with Killers

Comments

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 1,951

I get that being camped can be frustrating, but understand the difference between a stupid camp and a tactical camp. If you're on the hook, have teammates alive, and the gate is open, there's no reason for the killer to leave the hook. The killer might have a 3 or 4 gen setup around the hook you're on. The unfortunate reality for M1 killers like Clown, Plague, etc., is that trying to cross the map to apply pressure everywhere means you end up pressuring nothing at all. I'm not going out of my way to camp, but I'm not throwing games to make everyone happy. And if you equip Balanced Landing, play a Strode key, and I manage to catch you at an infinite, well....

• Lightsaber09Lightsaber09 Member Posts: 46

Im a killer main and I'm done with killers

• RougeRouge Member Posts: 96

It's just something that happens man, you just have to get used to it. When it happens either help your team out by lasting on hook as long as possible or doh and move onto the next match. Everyone seems to be making this into a survivor vs killer thing when I really don't get it, that wasn't the objective of your post from what I see at least. Just do your best to pip.

• JakeM2436JakeM2436 Member Posts: 9

not everyone plays for a pip.

considering that this game literally gives no reward for ranking up, it's pretty much irrelevant to focus everything on rank. dead by daylight literally has no competitiveness due to this.

if killers are camping because the exit gates are open and they haven't had a kill yet, whatever, it's tolerable.

but when a survivor has enough skill to run the killer around for so long (and the killer chooses to tunnel that survivor) and it's not the end of the game, there's pretty much no excuse to camp without it being considered a dick move.

i myself play this game for fun and not to rank up because let's face it: rank is completely irrelevant in 2019.

i can't have fun if the killer chooses to ruin it because after all, killers have complete authority over the match.

and before you ask, i'm not even a survivor main in the slightest.

• PiedPiper365PiedPiper365 Member Posts: 231

Lol I was bout to post a mean comment till I saw this, I play both sides more killer but when I play survs sometimes I run into killers that will facecamp anyone that gives them trouble, when I play killers I just report them for dc after I down them or put them on the hook, I'm not sure if it helps but I do it cuz im Hoping they get in trouble lol, but yes both sides have there fair batch of winey little [BAD WORD] and all we can do is deal with them

• RougeRouge Member Posts: 96

I can't tell if you are siding with me or against me. I don't think camping is a good thing but it isn't going to be avoidable. I was offering support and other ideas as to avoiding tilt, not rationalizing camping or making this game entirely competitive. The logic behind it is this.

If you pip you will go up in ranks, face camping is less common at the higher ranks since it dosen't reward you with pips. The killers who get to higher ranks get more pips, making it so they are less likely to facecamp. This isn't fact, you can still get facecamped in rank 1 but it is significantly less likely.

No-matter what killers are going to be able to camp as much as they want, that's just the dynamic of the game since they are the ones in controll of deaths, if they want, nobody will die in a match, nomatter what; if they try they can kill everybody in the match and there is little to nothin that the survivors can do to stop them if they are good enough. If survivors don't like being camped they can hope their teamates bring borrowed time and other things to try to stop it, if they really want to. That's just how the game was designed, killer kills the survivors. Seeing as how camping kills people it's not like BEHVR is just going to let people off the hook and just let someone go because the killer chose to kill them and give up map pressure.

I could care less if you are a killer main, a survivor main, the person who killed my mom. I'm not going to attack you over it, nor have I attacked anybody in this tread for their alignment to either side.

All I did was say that people are making this into a side vs side argument for no reason, attacking people and such and give ideas on how to avoid the situation.

• DaS_onlyDaS_only Member Posts: 656

I get killers sometimes who get extremely pissed when I head on stun them more than one time. They really facecamp and tunnel the living [BAD WORD] out of me

• Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,868

Not all of us have fragile egos. I'm fine with being out played. I don't like the taunting that sometimes goes with it. I don't usually camp, but if you intentionally sandbag another player, or taunt at the cost of your team members, I might be convinced to do so.

• AwakeyAwakey Member Posts: 2,815

True.

However, flame me all you want, facecamping IS a legit strategy. Put it this way: You got so far into the Killer's head that they threw the entire game to kill you. Just keep struggling and watch as your teammates tbag at the exit gates.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,085
  • Chaddad2169Chaddad2169 Member Posts: 748

And Pig, don't forget pigs that tunnel you with a trap on your head and then teabag you because they down you with NOED and think they're the better player

• Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,868

Well, I rarely run Mori, but if I do and I see that, I tend to laugh as well. I know I have a group that is just having fun. So, I don't take it seriously. I don't overreact to most teabagging, unless it is obviously being overdone. I'd say the one thing that drives me nuts is the flashlight spam. Seriously, I'm not going to chase you just because you want to. Other survivors deserve my attention.

• ClogWenchClogWench Member Posts: 2,583

"Killers get so mad and frustrated" evidently so do you. That's just the majority of players.

• Swiftblade131Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 1,617

I'm done with survivors

No matter what I do, apparently I am camping.

• Locker_MonsterLocker_Monster Member Posts: 496

They downed you; they're the better player. ;)

They took a Perk (That YOU can remove) and managed to use it to down YOU.

Therefor; they played better than you. 🙃

• Chaddad2169Chaddad2169 Member Posts: 748

I wasn't saying this happened to me lmao. Why do people on these forums always assume? 🤔.

Being downed doesn't make the killer a better player btw, it doesn't matter how good of a survivor you are... you'll go down eventually *cough bloodlust cough*.

And NOED isn't OP at all imo, just stupid

• Locker_MonsterLocker_Monster Member Posts: 496

I used the royal 'you' to mean whatever 'you' was in your example.

(Ain't English a FUN language? 😅 )

• Tired_BubbaTired_Bubba Member Posts: 18

While this can be annoying, survivors are semi worse, you do one thing that goes against their 'code' like closing hatch, smacking them after they use deliverance, for face campers get a friend with borrowed time, personally for myself I hate face campers but in all honesty it's just a game filled with assholes anyway so

• darkcobradarkcobra Member Posts: 19

Lol oh I see so when the game is basically over, the best move a killer can do is camp a hook so he loses the few points he did manage to get by proximity camping?

I'm so ashamed to be a killer main when I see the logic coming out of us...

• ImmortalReaverImmortalReaver Member Posts: 243

Quit your bitching. Face camping costs 2 gens.

• NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,440

Of course it's the best tactical choice. In that scenario, if the killer leaves the hook and goes for a new target, he gives up his remaining chances to turn the match (except he runs late-game surprises like NOED + Bloodwarden).

If he patrols/"proxy camps" the hook, there might be survivors coming and making an unwise rescue attempt, getting downed close to the hook and voilà, there is the snowball effect.

Also, you don't lose bloodpoints, and the Emblem points aren't relevant in that case. (If somebody cares about pips in the first place.)

And you don't have to feel ashamed for other people playing tactically. :)

• MemeMeme Member Posts: 275

Whatever you say. Sounds like you did your fair share of camping.

• Atrushan88Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,054
    edited August 2019

Camping is predominately a lower rank strat because newbies don't know that it's bad to camp and it works in low ranks because low rank survivors also don't know how to deal with camping. I feel like one thing BHVR could do to lower the amount of campers would be to simply put something about it in the tutorial to encourage them to look for other survivors after hooking one, and mentioning there's an emblem penalty for camping. They could also put something in there for survivors to tell them if the killer is camping that focusing on doing generators might be the better option.

• SairekSairek Member Posts: 4,825
  • Atrushan88Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,054

I can see why you're frustrated though OP. I literally just had a 3 blink Nurse who basically camped(at least what you would call camping for Nurse). She'd blink away from the hook, then blink directly back to check on me. I got unhooked, and downed the second I got off, as did others. One person managed to get me off as she got preoccupied(I assume the time she blinked away she found someone else), and then hooked them. She did it to every person until we all died except for the one person who got hatch JUST BARELY.

• LCGasterLCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

What rank are you playing at? Things like this never happen to me, last time it happened I was still a rank 17

• michaelkhjmichaelkhj Member Posts: 76

haha do not think that the bad way, they camped you but you won hahaha well also it depends on the rank but usually I get camped when I got chased for more than 3 gens, which I understand, if I get free again all the remaining gens will be done and he will get 0 kills

• ASAPTurtleASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

So your saying I'm not a good survivor if I'm able to loop a killer for five generators, every game, and then get caught? Shut Up.