Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.0.0 PTB is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

If you were a developer for a day, what changes would you make?

If you were a developer for a day, and you could make any change to the game that you please (without breaking 5 other things), what changes would you make to the game?

Personally, I would revert the hatch spawn changes so that the hatch will only spawn for the last survivor after 3 gens have been completed, I would put a 30-60 second delay on the hatch spawning/opening if a survivor disconnects to give another survivor the hatch, and I would give Freddy Dream Pallets as his base power (I don't like the idea of having a power completely changed through add-ons), as well as giving him a terror radius in the Dream World.

Share your changes below.

Comments

• TrueKn1ghtmar3TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

I'd add my scarecrow killer which would actually add more jumpscares to the game lol (imagine coming around a corner to what you think is an unoccupied body only to realize its the real deal using insidious its a double jump, one when you see him and one when he actually moves and hits you lol

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Buff Iron Maiden, screw everybody it needs a buff I don't care about your opinions on a [BAD WORD] perk that benefits 2 Killers when everyone should be able to use it effectively.

Make it show Auras and increase the Exposed timer, the 15 seconds is [BAD WORD] and cannot be capitalized on. The Location thing is cool and makes sense because they got ''injured'' but it isn't good enough to be a strong perk and don't say not all perks need to be strong well perks shouldn't be made to be weak on everyone but 2 Killers.

Or change the perk completely, I hate when we get perks named to be something and then not have the appropriate effect. [BAD WORD] when you step into an Iron Maiden you get stabbed with Spikes yo, make it Break a Survivor for 15 seconds and then they can heal themselves, keep the Location and that's fine too. At least this way you have a perk named after something dangerous and actually have an effect that's dangerous.

• Killer4Killer4 Member Posts: 24

I would add Purple Guy from Five nights at freddy’s

• RydogRydog Member Posts: 1,791

I would make the perk grind excessively more reasonable and player-friendly, since that is the game's #1 problem.

• SkittlesthehuskySkittlesthehusky Member Posts: 366

i'd probably collaborate with the other developers into finding out a good way to balance m1 killers (adjusting speeds, lunges, powers, etc.) in hopes of accommodating some of the main issues.

• KycerKycer Member Posts: 322

I would make an option to remove the chasing music

• dbd_noobdbd_noob Member Posts: 160

I would refactor the code base to be more stable and modular so I can add/fix features in the future without breaking code, that has apparently nothing to do with the fix.

It seems as the code of the game grew and the initial design does not hold for the complexity it has now...

• ItzSoulzItzSoulz Member Posts: 357
    edited August 2019

i would revert the graphic changes

• prayer_survivorprayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

Bye bye moris

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 6,362

Pig pig pig pig PIIIIIIIIG.

I'd also probably do something about Moris, Keys, and insta-heals.

• xChrisxxChrisx Member Posts: 897

Nerf Billy and nurse and bring back old ds

• fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,217
    edited August 2019

For 72 hours i would lock all perks, addons, offerings and have a 72 hour double bloodpoint event.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member, Trusted Posts: 14,021

(1) Make WGLF give a stack for healing.

(2)Rework most of LF’s add ons

(3) Increase LF’s speed while chainsawing slightly

(4) Remove perk tiers.

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,193

Remove all unfun add-ons and offerings for both sides as I personally feel they ruin the game at times.

• MrPeterPFLMrPeterPFL Member Posts: 311

Add Regan MacNeil as a killer

• AcromioAcromio Member Posts: 1,371

Revert the pallet omega buffs introduced with the dreaded patch 1.1.1.

• oxygenoxygen Member Posts: 1,403
    edited August 2019
    • Buff/Rework underused perks and add-ons. This would probably take most of the day 😄
    • Continue the "tradition" of making more perks scale in a way that makes it less mandatory to have them level 3, like what was done to perks like Ruin, NOED, We'll Make It and so on.
    • Add more in-game options. Wider range of sensitivities (this one's for the console players mostly), video settings beyond simple low/medium/high and so on presets, in-game FPS cap/vsync settings, that sort of thing unless it'd horribly break the game in some way.
    • "Loadouts" you can save per character, so no matter what you're running you can switch back to that one favorite build of yours easily and quickly as the perk list grow more and more crowded. The same system should and could be used for cosmetic sets as well I guess.

Mostly QOL stuff really.

• IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 4,120

I would change and buff Legion of course

• ExerlinExerlin Member Posts: 795

For survivors:

Increase the pain noise reduction of No Mither to 100% when standing.

Change Mettle of Man to require 5 hits of any kind to become active.

Buff No One Left Behind to increase your altruistic action speed by 6% for each generator completed.

Increase the action speed increase of Resilience to 10% (why is it 9%??)

Buff Flip Flop to convert your recovery progress to wiggle progress at a 1:1 ratio instead of a 2:1 ratio. The max conversion is still 50%.

For killers:

Change Spirit's prayer beads addon to only reduce the radius survivors can hear the whooshing sound by 16m.

Buff Fire Up to also affect missed attack and successful attack cooldowns.

Increase the amount of traps the Trapper can carry by default to 2.

Increase the base distance of hag's teleport by 8m.

Increase the movement speed and action speeds of feral frenzy to the values before the rework.

Make the Wraith's uncommon windstorm addon baseline.

• Jed_OlsenJed_Olsen Member Posts: 195

I would make sure there is at least one 2x BP weekend each month. Come on BHVR do it.

• PolarBearPolarBear Member Posts: 1,896

Remove moris and keys.

• ahandfulofrainahandfulofrain Member Posts: 528

Add BT and Ruin to the surv/killer base kits.