Home Discussions General Discussions

Stranger things ( The Bigger Picture)

2»

Comments

• TerminatorGuyTerminatorGuy Member Posts: 291

And yet it makes sense for the ancient Plague or Leatherface to walk around more modern maps like Lery's or Gideon meat plant? Or the Demogorgon in a cornfield? It's no less crazy than an alien on those maps.

• I_Eat_WormsI_Eat_Worms Member Posts: 314

@Walker_of_the_fog_96 hadleys hope is a just a futuristic lerys

• Walker_of_the_fog_96Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,244

@I_Eat_Worms with space capsules instead of exit gates? I do not like that idea.

• I_Eat_WormsI_Eat_Worms Member Posts: 314

@Walker_of_the_fog_96 I would of said the exit gates could just be the gates (even with switches that the marines hacked into to open it because the entire colony shut it off to stop the xenomorphs) to hadleys hope but space capsules sound cool to me

• s0cial_outc4sts0cial_outc4st Member Posts: 59

I also believe it will be really good for the popularity of the game. Stranger Things is THE big thing right now, it will catch the eyes of more people.

I am still really anxious for a new original killer and survivor though. Hopefully soon, but I understand it takes a lot of time!

• AshleyWBAshleyWB Member Posts: 4,011

You could have Ellen Ripley in one of those emergency shuttles crash landing on any map of your choice and waking up from hyper sleep to find that she brought a Xenomorph with her and it's changed the environment so there's spores and those alien corridors with sticky walls.

Those facehugger eggs thingies and most of all you kinda need an enormous sleeping queen Xenomorph in the basement.

The map could be a lot of things but it does feel important to capture that spacey sci fi feel. A crash site of the nostromo seems fitting, an alternative to the end of the first Alien movie.

I mentioned a theory in another discussion how a really lore heavy take they could go with is that the entity could create the perfect organism because all other killers are bad.

Anyway side note to all this that I wanna add is that I like the idea of licensed chapters having more than one map. It just seems twice as much gameplay variety straight off the bat.

• BlueFangBlueFang Member Posts: 1,242

Only problem with a Xenomorph is they can't be controlled. Having the entity control them would clash with the theme of the series, so the "Lore" would have to write it away as the entity only has control of where it's at so when it wants it to go in a match it just places it/lets it in

Even then seeing the hook mechanic could never work with a Xenomorph. Unless BHVR goes the extra mile and adopts a unique mechanic with the Xenomorph. Perhaps instead of hooks the Xenomorph simply drops the survivor by an egg and once they've been dropped 3 times the equivalent of being hooked 3 times, the sacrifice animation is a Facehugger jumping on them.

• AshleyWBAshleyWB Member Posts: 4,011

If the entity is seen as the 'Queen' or more conveniently it's Creator then it obeys.

I hate to spoil but when the evil android bred the Xenomorph in Alien Covenant the Xenomorph obeyed him completely.

• ahandfulofrainahandfulofrain Member Posts: 528

So... you all forgetting about Pinhead huh

Rip :(

• MochanMochan Member Posts: 2,886

Demogorgon is not a Demon Prince.

He isn't actually the character from DnD.

• JedJed Member Posts: 212

I've said this before but I dont think the Alien fits in Dead by Daylight. I also am not surprised they went with stranger things because of its popularity but I feel like they are missing a huge opportunity by ignoring Pumpkinhead! Oh well I'm still not playing this game until they get some widescreen support.

• ScytereScytere Member Posts: 123

The Mori for the xeno would either it pulls you apart or a xeno bursts from your chest.

• SnitzSnitz Member Posts: 97

Damn imagine the xenomorph planting eggs on survivors.