Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

Please remove mashing on 2nd stage hook.

SairekSairek Member Posts: 4,873

I injured my left arm a little more than a week ago by now, and by then I've gained full motor function in my hand, but I still need to be easy on it.

I have to button mash with my left hand. Binding the struggle button to scroll wheel is unreliable, and causes me to die prematurely even when I don't mean to, but with my left arm and hand still recovering, I can't mash fast enough without the game prematurely killing me either, or without it hurting and putting lots of strain on my hand.

I don't think anyone even likes this feature. It's old and dated and is a chore to do and I'm sure it's even contributing to survivors just letting go on hook -- because it takes so much effort to stay in a match that may already be unenjoyable as it is. Please just remove it.

Comments

• SairekSairek Member Posts: 4,873

In my case, it's my tendons. I can twist my arm around and stuff, but doing too much and too quickly is very painful, my hand gets tired very quickly, etc.

Not everyone is very good at button mashing just as a rule. I'm basically one of those people right now.

I might actually switch to controller for Survivor so I can button mash with my right hand with ease instead of my left (mind you I never played on controller before), but the fact I have to do that for a feature literally nobody in the game likes or enjoys is just dumb.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 5,265

It should be automatic with a button to give up. It is not fun at all, and only really works for new players. It can give an intense experience like "I need to mash that button or I will die", but that does not work anymore after some hours of DBD.

• AwakeyAwakey Member Posts: 2,821

It should be a hold. Even MY young(ish) hands get tired.

• Locker_MonsterLocker_Monster Member Posts: 496

It should either be auto with an option to give up, or a press & hold.

• RoKruegerRoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

@Sairek Im glad you are feeling better and I wish you a fast and full recovery.

Now back to the bad RoKrueger: I like that survirvors hate the button smashing mecanic, I need more survivors that find that anoying and just...let go ;-) It makes things easier. If you want to live, work for it. Hahaha

• TheHourManTheHourMan Member Posts: 1,031

I have carpal tunnel and I just bind the touchpad on my ps4 controller to turbo A

• TheHourManTheHourMan Member Posts: 1,031

Also you don't have to mash fast. About 3 presses per second is sufficient.

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 5,079

The 2nd stage builds character. 💪

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 1,962

It's not fun at all. I have arthritis and it's difficult for me to sustain button mashing for that length of time on a controller

• GenSim12345GenSim12345 Member Posts: 182

Yes. Please remove this dumb mechanic, I'd rather just have a suicide button when i am on hook.

• deadlycastdeadlycast Member Posts: 45

I agree. They should make it to hold down the space bar or any key bind you make it. Let go and your character lets go.

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 9,530

I mentioned this a month ago I believe to create a Struggle meter and a new way to wiggle

• AshleyWBAshleyWB Member Posts: 3,998

I feel like if there was a survey on this 95% of people would be in favour of an opt out struggle mechanic.

• JimsalabimJimsalabim Member Posts: 641

i have it bound to my mousewheel en even then it's annoying to keep spinning that wheel

• BaphomettBaphomett Member Posts: 394

+1 for removing the button mash

• pemberleypemberley Member Posts: 1,510

Yes, please!

I literally cannot use my right thumb because the frantic speed is too fast for my thumb to be able to function due to my disability. I must use my left index on a controller which is not only unwieldy and uncomfortable, but it literally strains my 26 year old fingers.

Also I’m pretty sure mashing hurts both controllers and keyboards alike.

Save our thumbs and our gaming equipment!!

• CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,051

I also wish to save my equipment and remove the mash. As it is I'm unable to look around at the same time without cramping my hands, one of which is injured.

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 5,079

Use your influence to persuade the devs. I believe in you! 😁

• not_Queefnot_Queef Member Posts: 317

Macros ftw

• PrincessPoopPrincessPoop Member Posts: 886

Everyone wants this. A simple hold to struggle would suffice. Devs refuse to change it tho due to wanting to keep struggling “interactive”. They are absolutely the worst company when it comes to adding accessibility features.

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 6,796

@Thaznar @brokedownpalace They are very well aware of this issue, I believe it was also mentioned in the recent AMA on Reddit that it's something that is being looked at - but no definite time line.

• SairekSairek Member Posts: 4,873

@RoKrueger @MandyTalk Thank you both for the well wishes! <3

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 5,917
  • RakimSockemRakimSockem Member Posts: 806

I can not tell you the number of times I've died WHILE mashing the button both on controller and on keyboard. The mechanic is awful and doesn't even work all the time.

Like other people said, a suicide button OR a simple press and hold would be great replacements

• JdsgamesJdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    edited August 2019

@MandyTalk

What is your thoughts on:

It was a suggestion of mine to revamp the struggle phase.