The winners of the Third Anniversary contests have been announced! For more info and a look at the runners-up, click here: https://bit.ly/2LsXGlf

Why Can Killers Completely Block Survivors?

DominatorDominator Member Posts: 13

What usually happens is i'm repairing a gen, a killer comes from the other side to damage it and doesn't see me, but last game the doctor saw me and trapped between a gen and a wall, which gave me madness 3 and a forced hit, i tried running in every direction but it only used up my sprint burst. Why is this a thing? Maybe make it a second to get a hit and then let the survivors pass through.

Tagged:

Comments

  • DominatorDominator Member Posts: 13

    @deadwolfwalking said:
    lol. are you for real? lmmfao.... so survivors blocking a hook is a strategy.... but a killer blocking a survivor is an exploit.... good god, man. you're a pill....

    yes but you can't block a hook forever, you can hit the survivors, you can drop the dying survivor and go after them, but with this case you can't do anything but sit and watch. plus four people helping 1 person isn't the same as one on one.

  • deadwolfwalkingdeadwolfwalking Member Posts: 617

    its tying up the killers time too.... leaving 3 or so other ppl to fix gens and make progress.... yeah. it sucks. so do flashlight stuns and dstrikes....

  • DominatorDominator Member Posts: 13

    @deadwolfwalking said:
    its tying up the killers time too.... leaving 3 or so other ppl to fix gens and make progress.... yeah. it sucks. so do flashlight stuns and dstrikes....

    he's not trapping me forever, the whole thing took about 5 seconds just to get me to madness 3 and get a free hit when i could've dodged all that. I'm just asking for a thing that we can do about it.

  • deadwolfwalkingdeadwolfwalking Member Posts: 617

    there is a 'thing you can do about it'.... its called 'do not hide in a place that can be blocked'.... all the cool kids are doing it. probably even a vid about it on the yootoobs....

  • holywhitetrashholywhitetrash Member Posts: 254

    even though you were given a terror radius and probably saw his red stain coming and decided to stuff your self in a corner despite these things it clearly wasn't your fault that you got punished

    in fact if the killer gets within 3 feet of the a survivor, that survivor should gain the ability to walk through walls, how else could a survivor possibly escape this fate

  • NavydiveaNavydivea Member Posts: 103

    Yeah lets kill the Wraiths one strength, that sounds fun.

  • xxaggieboyxxxxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    This is almost exactly like another discussion I saw about killers body blocking pallets after they screwed up and didn't drop it. They wanted to basically morph through the killer and drop the pallet on them because the killer deserved to be punished not rewarded with a hit 
  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,282

    Because Killers are massive and empowered by a supernatural, all-powerful Entity, and Survivors are tiny little bottles of hope for the Entity to feed on.

  • VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 1,268
    Dominator said:

    What usually happens is i'm repairing agen, a killer comes from the other side to damage it and doesn't see me, but last game the doctor saw me and trapped between a gen and a wall, which gave me madness 3 and a forced hit, i tried running in every direction but it only used up my sprint burst. Why is this a thing? Maybe make it a second to get a hit and then let the survivors pass through.

    So all I'm reading is that you screwed up your positioning and a killer took advantage of that to get you into Madness 3 and get hit.

    Dominator said:

    @deadwolfwalking said:
    lol. are you for real? lmmfao.... so survivors blocking a hook is a strategy.... but a killer blocking a survivor is an exploit.... good god, man. you're a pill....

    yes but you can't block a hook forever, you can hit the survivors, you can drop the dying survivor and go after them, but with this case you can't do anything but sit and watch. plus four people helping 1 person isn't the same as one on one.

    Also to answer your response a killer has to take the initiative and hit any survivors body blocking but a survivor doesn't have to take the initiative in positioning themselves correctly.

  • RuniverRuniver Member Posts: 2,095

    Because bodyblocking is an intended mecanic in the game.
    /Thread

  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

    @Dominator said:
    What usually happens is i'm repairing a gen, a killer comes from the other side to damage it and doesn't see me, but last game the doctor saw me and trapped between a gen and a wall, which gave me madness 3 and a forced hit, i tried running in every direction but it only used up my sprint burst. Why is this a thing? Maybe make it a second to get a hit and then let the survivors pass through.

    Why can survivors completley block a killer? I mean a 50kg girl blocking a monsterous killer? I mean wtf?

  • RSBRSB Member Posts: 2,259

    @Dominator said:
    What usually happens is i'm repairing a gen, a killer comes from the other side to damage it and doesn't see me, but last game the doctor saw me and trapped between a gen and a wall, which gave me madness 3 and a forced hit, i tried running in every direction but it only used up my sprint burst. Why is this a thing? Maybe make it a second to get a hit and then let the survivors pass through.

    You should rather ask "why survivors can block killers, or even PUSH THEM when they are running?".

Sign In or Register to comment.