The 3.2.0 update is now live on PC and consoles. For more information, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87832/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

I don’t see a good benefit of NOED on some killers

Mtom912Mtom912 Member Posts: 202
edited August 24 in General Discussions

First imagine it’s decent ranks, so players know what they’re doing, maybe rank 6 or better, not potatoes that don’t know how to play

I don’t see any point of NOED on some killers which I’ll explain

Nurse, spirit, billy, Myers, plague

and to a lesser extent ghost face, LF, and legion, huntress

Nurse & Spirit - They’re the top killers in the game and you’ll typically won’t get to endgame, therefore having a perk that actually helps in game would be better

Billy & Lesser extent LF - Their power is already the ability insta down, once again, IMO its better to have a perk that actually helps mid game

Myers & Lesser extent GF - Same as billy

Huntress - If you have NOED you’re essentially just using your m1, making her hatchets irrelevant, and if to continue to use hatchets why do you have NOED then, it’s just a wasted perk slot then

Plague - People won’t cleanse so they’ll already be injured, and if they do then running NOED makes her corrupt irrelevant because you’re not using it, or you’re wasting a perk slot because you’re using it

Lesser extent Legion - People also don’t heal so they’ll already be injured, and even with adrenaline anyone who’s been hit with FF will still be injured , and even then getting hits with Ff isn’t hard, and will give you time before they open doors, but if you have NOED then you’re just not using your power and making it pointless

Post edited by Mtom912 on

Comments

• Sasori_puppetSasori_puppet Member Posts: 55

nurse & spirit - I can see where you are coming from but not all nurse and spirit players are good in high rank and survivors fix gens real quick from rank 10 to 1 so noed is useful on those killers

billy & ghost face - true for billy but why would I use my chainsaw and have a chance of missing while I can just smack them / for ghost face you need to stalk them first and good survivors won't allow you to do that so noed is very useful on him

plague - the majority of people cleanse themselves when they get all 5 gens and if you go get the corrupt they will open the exit gate so it is better to use noed

legion - legion would be the same as plague and if legion get someone the others would heal and get him easily unless the legion have noed

• terumisanterumisan Member Posts: 164
    edited August 24

People cleanse during endgame because they know they'll win so more on plague kinda makes sense

• ThxForFacecampingThxForFacecamping Member Posts: 90

Noed is basically a hard counter to Adrenaline.

• Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,114

NOED is good in two spots. When you are new and learning, or part of an end game build. If you hang on to it too long, you don't get any better as a killer. When I started playing, I ran it all the time. When someone told me to stop running it and try different builds, that it was becoming a crutch, I listened and got a lot better.

To me, NOED is like Windows of Opportunity. Great when you are learning, but not needed later.

• RoKruegerRoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

You can't imagine how many victims have adorned my basement because they thought noone equips NOED on Legion or Myers ;-)

• NMCKENMCKE Member, Trusted Posts: 5,253

Some killers can't get 12 hooks in the short amount of time in this gen-blitzkrieg meta. Therefore, No One Escapes Death makes survivors waste time cleansing totems (more time), or face the wrath of NOED (faster chases for more hooks).

• SkeletalEliteSkeletalElite Member Posts: 248

It's good on LF cuz his chainsaw is slow af and you won't hit with it unless youre back revving them and if they have are at a window or pallet you won't be able to chainsaw them at all usually because of how slow he moves when he goes to chainsaw.

• RivynRivyn Member Posts: 239

This. While it hurts her more in the longrun, since that's a perk slot she really can't afford to waste on a hedged bet at endgame. Still, it makes more sense than on Nurse or Spirit, since cleansing in endgame is a thing.

Now, I do use it on Wraith. Poor lad needs it.

Same can be said about Adrenaline, but that's another thread entirely.

• RoKruegerRoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

I love it that survivors think they can shame us into not playing NOED. That will never work. Am i right @Rivyn ?

• NamelessNameless Member Posts: 68

Yes, I too believe that when I get hit, downed or hooked and the gens happened to pop that I played incredibly well and should be rewarded for it with an extra health state.

• Tenshi0108Tenshi0108 Member Posts: 13

Yeah NoED is for noobies who dont know how to play 😂 poor people 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• TheBeanTheBean Member Posts: 1,985

NOED Billy is the funniest.

If you think that, then NOED is a punishment for not doing well in clearing totems. That's on you. Clear totems, don't worry about NOED. Don't clear totems, get punished.

• MegsAreEvilMegsAreEvil Member Posts: 658

None who can play the game needs NOED.

• GhosteGhoste Member Posts: 51

It should be noted that NOED gives 4% MS as well, so it has a general use on all killers. It basically removes Huntress' penalty for having a ranged attack, for example, making it easier to position for hatchets. Endgame is a crucial time where a bit of speed can make all the difference.

Myers/GF need time to set up their insta-downs, so they're not always reliable when gates are powered. LF's chainsaw is unreliable as well, he's forced to M1 often.

Also, lots of people will slap on NOED just because it's like a safety net if the game goes too quickly, which it usually does if you're playing someone like LF, or if you're just not a great killer.

• picigu9picigu9 Member Posts: 24

COUGH COUGH BLOOD WARDEN