Home Discussions General Discussions

So... bullying Spirit mains is a thing now?

Comments

• xllxENIGMAxllxxllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

I don't play spirit anymore you may be right but, he do not change the fact that skill cap is way lower than i hear people saying.

• blue4zionblue4zion Member Posts: 1,606

Versing Spirit I always find to be very fun, this is a horror game and I'm really glad to see another killer who gives me great spooks. Stay Spooky Rin

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,215

I don't have a big problem with Spirit prolly because I main her but if yall are using perks as "counterplay" I don't know what [BAD WORD] your spewing.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 2,602
    edited August 2019

The people who flame you for playing Spirit and claim that she has no counterplay are the same people that have never played her against good survivors. Nearly every SWF at rank 5 and beyond is an anti-Spirit squad. I have an easier time with Freddy at red ranks now.

• TKTKTKTK Member Posts: 944

I see the same thing 2/4 people are running iron will, quick and quiet or light weight. It's kinda refreshing honestly.

• LirulinielLiruliniel Member Posts: 2,966

Her skill cap is weird it's in multiple places. Her skill cap is low for average to good Spirits and really high for people who have broken through and pushed themselves to make her better.

Shes low risk high reward.

• FriendlyGuyFriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

I juked a red rank spirit for two minutes today. 4 survivors x 120s x 3 hooks > 600s

Easy nah? Not counting save and carry times.

Killers have to run certain perks to counter things survivors do but if you ask survivors to do the same it's a problem?

• LirulinielLiruliniel Member Posts: 2,966

Yep because that means they can't run all the OP perks lmao. It's like they haven't played any mmo or rpg with a pvp system.

• ShadowReaper11ShadowReaper11 Member Posts: 55

Personally i main her as she is a fun to play and is used in high rank games she also is hard to learn how to mind game with her. Another reason is that most perks work well with her and she is able to maintain a huge amount of map pressure but she can still be looped like other killers and bullied by the right people some games i get a 4K other games i get 1 or 2 kills. I still play survivor and have still have trouble looping her sometimes but you can still do it.

And killers run builds to slow the gens being done as fast as possible by swf.

• Tzeentchling9Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

Except that you don't. Just admit that Iron Will is a meta perk and try someone else besides running in circles.

Iron Will gives Nurse fits too and greatly helps your mind games at loops against all killers.

• AwakeyAwakey Member Posts: 3,079

Can you present to me at least a shred of logic as to why?

• Tzeentchling9Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

Oooh, got real defensive there chief. Need to find a Safe Spot?

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,127

Iron will only works so so against Spirit because some spirits can hear footsteps, not saying spirit needs a nerf but please stop saying Iron Will counters her, it really just depends.

Also, idc if you hate facing something, harassment is not ok. I hope you reported them.

• Atsuka_AnarchyAtsuka_Anarchy Member Posts: 51

That's called irrational salty people overflowing salt from their penihole, my guy.

ugh idk why people have to belittle each other in a discussion, prayer beads probably needs to be ultra rare instead of fathers glasses if not reworked but spirit imo is fine we shouldn't bandwagon on nerfs or spew hate for people that play the killers that gives people trouble just like how people try to nerf Billy. A pvp game is always gonna have the few characters that perform better than the rest, not every killer should have the same tactics work on them either imo people seriously need to play killer and survivor to see the full picture too jeez.

I disagree I think people over exaggerate to pressure the devs to nerf spirit cause it's worked in the past when people gripe about anything they don't like to play against. It'll work again i'm sure and then we can all run around jungle gyms connected into cow loops and other jungle gyms and loops that have 0 mindgames cause thats not a bigger issue at all.... It's whatever i'll be a survivor main when they nerf killers that can deal with them until they fix all the maps in 4 years

edited August 2019

You can look at legion and see how they over did it on there power when they didnt need to in regards to there speed and addons.

The overly safe loops have been problem for years and they are just now getting into changing them when it could be as simple as putting door by the window in iron works of misery for example. They have made bad maps up to legion chapter with Mt. Ormond with it's connected shack into 2 jungle gyms and the plague chapter with the huge temple map with waist high unmindgameable loops it's like they just realised how bad they are this year smh. I didn't say anything about Badham I think it's fine, but if they did it right the first time they wouldn't have to come back and redo it cause they thought that was good map design in the resent past.

• JetTheWaffleCatJetTheWaffleCat Member Posts: 261

People sending message like that to you are absolutely disgusting. No one should think it's okay to spew filth like that over a video game.

I love the Spirit to death, asthetic, power concept. I personally like playing her as she's on my roster with Huntress. I must confess I haven't been playing her as much as I use to mainly because I feel bad. Reason, almost everyone hates facing her.

I don't have any strong opinion about versing her, it's whatever. I'd still rather go against a Huntress or Billy. But I don't hate going against her like I do Trapper or Clown.

She just needs a few tweaks to make her a little less annoying to go against.

My main issue is the collision. It feels awful when you're trying to move around trying to trick her but she bumps into you completely ruining your "mindgame". To me it's a lot like juking a Nurse's blink but she ends up messing up the blink and you still get punished for it. I'd be fine if Spirit had no collision with survivors while phasing. It gives ballsy survivors the attempt to run through her to disorientate her sense of hearing.

I also wouldn't mind making the vaulting animation a little more noticeable.

I'm not really sure what else could be done to be honest. If you mess with too much of her base kit you risk gutting her.

Also, Father Glasses and Prayer Beads need a different ability. Both remove ways to counterplay the Spirit. Whenever it's not hearing her phase emission always being at risk being grabbed without even knowing her location or hiding your scratch marks, but her being able to see your blood with no way to hide or trick her.

• AngryFluffyAngryFluffy Member Posts: 442

Tbh I hate going against Spirit.

But still I give my best every single game and I'd never offend the killer for their character choice.

Spirit is in the game as playable character and if you want to play as Spirit you should just do it.

I tried her a few times and I can tell that it is a lot more fun to play her than going against her. Just use the killer you like the most and don't let you tell otherwise.

• RockRage8962RockRage8962 Member Posts: 45

I main Spirit myself, and let me tell you, don't let them get to you. She was the first and only killer I managed to get a 4K on, and to this day, it's my proudest killer achievement. Use whichever killer you want, and don't let them tell you otherwise. They hate her? Then let them DC and report them post game. Even as someone who mains survivor mostly, I will admit, I don't care who I'm up against, as I know how powerful killers can be, even without their most OP add-ons.

• Bloodlust_Gamer69Bloodlust_Gamer69 Member Posts: 166

Let's just delete her and nurse and Billy and Ghostface. While we are at it delete noed beacose it has nooooo counter. (joke)

Survivors will always back away from a chalange. They want easy games.

I am playing both killer and survivor at red ranks and spirit is my favorite killer to go against. After all its a horror game not a "bully the killer until he dcs" game.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

Three questions,

1. Do you play spirit and how often?

2. Do you play other killers (if yes to first question) how long before you picked up spirit

3. How skilled are you at spirit?

• toxicmeggtoxicmegg Member Posts: 662

so does killers. i think pretty much everyone wants easy games. not just one side.