Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Gens speed is way to fast and need nerfing in some way

Comments

• SnapshotSnapshot Member Posts: 893

Now calm down everyone. Of course, when you don't play at rank 1 daily and vs some top notch survivors, "everything may be fine for you".

But imagine playing the game for years (like I do) and constantly go against 3 to 4 man swf with combined 17000 to 23000 hours, the azarov maps and farm maps are not fun and you can basically barely "win" (2 kills) with nurse, every other killer you lose (even spirit) and have to accept that fact. This is how the game is balanced right now and I accepted it a long time ago.

The devs clearly balance around rank 10 and that's the problem. I doubt even one of them has the experience / skill to go against 5000 to 7000 hours survivors on farm maps, optimizing every loop at least 3 times and using every window to full extent, basically making no mistakes and falling for no mindgames because that's a fact with that many hours. Nothing killer can do here. Spirit fury is a joke and countered easily, Bamboozle just forces more pallets but there are enough anyway...

And that's not even considering meta perks survivors use (DS, Borrowed, Adrenaline, Dead Hard, etc.) plus one to two survivors with unbreakable (you can forget slugging), one survivor with key sometimes, one with fast toolbox and one with map for totem (forget ruin).

That's also the reason why with the current balance this game will NEVER be E-Sport ready, not even close.

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 12,761

Generators do not need changes as that will anger the survivor side, they just need a different thing than skill checks that happen on generators that in a manner harm survivors but not injure

• BismarckCaneBismarckCane Member Posts: 73

To say he is not good at the game shows how you are just not a fan. The guy has got to rank 1 every way possible as both killer and survivor, using every killer (not just one). He has got to Rank 1 with no perks/add ons, with only no mither, with peoples choice builds. you name it, this guy has done it. The nurse game above was a paid build and he had not played Nurse in a few days. So going in cold on Nurse is never easy as its a muscle memory reaction mechanic. Gens are done insanely fast in this game. To address the "i go against better/harder players quote that is being dropped every 3 posts, you are all taking it out of context. True compares who he gets matched up with when he says that. As he is playing solo. When you compare the unorganized crappy team he gets with what he vs (often SWF) you can see his point clearly. I watch several streamers and when you compare Tru3 vs who is on the creative council Fog team, you know why the Killers are always balanced to Rank 10.

• boondocker76boondocker76 Member Posts: 13

No you need better map pressure is all

• SteelDragonSteelDragon Member Posts: 745

he does not make the statement of "I just face better survivors for some reason." lightly, he even gave an example how just the game before that 1 gen took 5 minutes to be completed in a game against the legion, this game 1 gen is done before the 1min mark and just over the 2min mark 3 gens are done. seems like a BIG difference between those 2 games

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,112

On that map you have to pick a side to defend otherwise you will fail, he just needed to pressure the gens on his side.

constant red ranks pretty much since release for both killer and survivor while sometimes crippling himself by doing viewer suggested builds, and still getting 4k's with m1 killers like wraith, clown, old freddy, etc. yep he is pretty bad

he says constantly about when he gets outplayed by complementing what survivors do, and his "I just vs better survivors" is not without supported proof, he gave an example of JUST BEFORE THAT GAME, 1st gen took 5 min and it was a legion. here? 1st gen done in 54 seconds. I think that's a bit of a difference

• MemberBerryMemberBerry Member Posts: 394

"LUL DUDE JUST PRESSURE GENS U NEED MORE PRESSURE"

Yes, let me pressure a giant map like red forest, coldwind, haddonfield etc. as a killer without map pressure. People who say this sort of stuff are so dense and ignorant, and the worst part is, devs listen to this and do nothing about gens.

Also let me ask you this, why must killers always tryhard and sweat about pressuring gens, while survivors can mess around EVERY game they play? Why can't killers mess around and still get 4k's? Oh wait, because if you do, gens will fly by.

How do they have to try? There's a bag full of tools they can use to smash a killer into the ground. 4 man SWF with, say, 3 toolboxes and a key, all with DS and Adrenaline will destroy any non-viable killer if they're good enough.

I know what I'm doing when I'm not sleepy AF, I know my mindgames when I'm ready, but those mindgames only get you so far when they have tools to destroy you.

As for what you said about 3 gen strats, it's so easy to not let a killer 3 gen you. On bigger maps, those 3 gens will be even more split than on smaller like new Badham and the game. If a survivor decides to do 1 of those 3 gens, the other survivors can just do the other. If they see through your plan, you're through as well.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,112

Franklin’s Demise counters those items pretty easily and actually gives you pressure, I always just play normally against swf, Almo has actually said that their stats prove that swf isn’t a huge advantage.

You can actually force a three gen strat as killer and it can work as long as your chases are short, you slug people and keep a constant patrol. You won’t always win though and that’s just how it is, a 2k is still very possible with “non-viable killers”.

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,213

Why does everyone act like killers don't have add-ons or offering or perks

Please give me a list of things killers have that'd make a drastic change

• FreudentraumaFreudentrauma Member Posts: 1,050

In the early game survivors have a huge amount of pallets, very spread out points of interests and like you said best gen efficiency by the lack of essential side objectives like hooks/healing etc.

So the chance for a killer having a bad game just because of that quite strong early phase is quite likely.

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,213

any augmenting add-on that gives you a boost in power there are a lot but because killers have powers they change because of the difference in power. Add-ons change your power a lot. Mori's, Map offerings. As for perks there are plenty of builds you can do a Bloodwarden build,genstopper build's, Build's based on map design a pallet destroyer build the list goes on and on.

Please name me one map other than maybe Game where killers have an advantage?

• AwakeyAwakey Member Posts: 3,145

Just play Spirit/Nurse/Billy

Easy fix.

• n2njauwun2njauwu Member Posts: 256

you picture it that way , other look at is that he won only barely because he needed most op killer and mori to win this . imagine playing wraith without ruin into that .

• oxygenoxygen Member Posts: 2,851

He said it himself he messed up at the start though, once he actually caught someone the game changed completely. Of course gens go extra fast when there's absolutely nothing else for the survivors to do.

I totally want some sort of secondary objective beyond totems as holding m1 on gens is pretty damn boring, but it's sort of a given that survivors are at their strongest at the very start of the game. No resources used, killer not chasing anyone yet and all 4 alive and active.

• RinWaifuRinWaifu Member Posts: 41

You just point that SWF is the problem and not gen speed XD

• n2njauwun2njauwu Member Posts: 256

that is not that simple as it seems . vs good survivor u need enduring / without it you dont even have palent drop guaranteed , and as a killer you need read mind of every single survivor , while survivor there is 1 killer , every person instinct works diffrent . one will keep runnning straight other left . when you mindgame at pallet , its more about survivor mistake rather than you outplaying them . the survivor skill celling is higher than killer , past shows it . past years survivor got many nerfs but they learnt playing through all this nerfs .