Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

When is some change coming too fix how fast gens are done?

2»

Comments

• BunnyTheHuttBunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

I never watched any video, only thing that I have with me is my own experience in red ranks. Gen's are done way too fast, and I believe 20 more seconds would not kill the game or hurt in any form.

• CatbucketCatbucket Member Posts: 335

It would actually, for sure. Theyve actually been extremely clear that there are no intentions to extend the gen times any further.

• FriendlyGuyFriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Ok man. Got a task for you. How do i stop people abusing the infinites on Coldwind Farm as Wraith? or as Plague? or as Doc? or as Myers? or as LF? or as Pig? or as GF?

edited August 2019
  • BunnyTheHuttBunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

They also said that only human killers would be in DBD, but now we have the Demigorgon, so things can change too make the game more balanced as the meta evolves.

• FrostyFrosty Member Posts: 375

No one wants longer gens, thats so uninspired. The method in which they are completed needs changed. Finding parts and bringing them to the gens to be installed would seriously limit the rush ability.

• CatbucketCatbucket Member Posts: 335

Thats actually false, they said humanoid, and it was due to needing to create a new skeleton for abnormal body proportions and limb amounts. Demogorgon is infact humanoid.

• 8obot1c8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

But barbecue can Ben countered by going in lockers. With ruin they have to waste time finding the totem or waste time doing the gen with good skill checks. With discordance once they find that out they either 1. Take the risk of knowing the killer knows they are there or 2. Only have 1 person do the gen which takes longer. Thrilling Tremors Ian good because incense you hook somebody you can go to a henna that’s isnt blocked off and kill em. If they find this out they can either 1. Waste time by getting off and waiting for the 16 seconds or 2. Proceed to do it and hope the killer goes after somebody else. Corrupt intervention isn’t really good because you can start chaos within the first 2 minutes before the game really starts. They will have to Ben extra stealthy or proceed to do the gen hoping you don’t go by, burn with blunts 4 gens that’s highly unlikely unless you are occupied. Even if Ruin wasn’t broke in the first 30 seconds that 30 seconds wasn’t wasted getting that totem and that can be the difference between winning and losing.

• SleepyWilloSleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,194

The last stats released (and that was before the healing nerf, EGC and hatch mechanics change) had approximately 40% of survivors escaping across all ranks. The devs have said that they feel a good balance is 2 escapes and 2 kills per game. If any change is to be made then perhaps killers should get a second objective? Or gens shouldnt take as long... That would bring us closer to the desired 2 escapes and 2 kills that would make the game balanced. If you think the game is still survivor sided than youre either just bad at the game or you havent been paying attention...

• KilmeranKilmeran Member Posts: 3,140

@SleepyWillo Peanits also stated that they count DCs as kills, because: "No one DCs if they're winning."

So, the stats are already skewed.

Exactly? No one DCs if they are winning. A DC is basically a death. And usually before death hook from what I've seen. If they DCd or died on the hook wouldnt that be the same difference then? Stats wouldnt change too much. And those stats were prior to numerous survivor nerfs (healing, EGC, hatch closing, etc.) so they would be significantly different and more in favour of killers now.

• CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 4,511

Maybe...and you're not gonna want to hear this...you dont belong at that "rank"?

• KilmeranKilmeran Member Posts: 3,140
    edited August 2019

@SleepyWillo Before I uninstalled out of frustration, I DC'ed quite a bit on PC simply due to the damned game crashing. And it wasn't my internet, because the internet was fine and I had zero issues in Overwatch, Paladins, Apex, or any other game.

Those DCs counted as kills in their stats. I also wasn't the only one suffering from crashes, as the forums were flooded about them around the same time.

So yes, their data was skewed and their logic behind it flawed.

• Swiftblade131Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

I DC sometimes to end the game faster.

I would like to request a Concede To Entity button for killers and survivors, so I can get killed on the spot by the entity, not sure what would happen with killers. Similar to endgame collapse. Actually exactly like how that kills you.

Of course, it being a concede button, you would lose 2 pips, lost your items/addons you had equipped. And wards are null and void. Basically like DCing, but the killer would get full sacrifice points. If killer concedes, survivors should get a pip.

The details are a bit tricky when it comes to both sides. Since there are 4 survivors etc etc. But this is just the first part of my idea.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 12,670

Yeah, but maybe you are simply not good enough? You are not entitled to be in Red Ranks. When you do fine until Purple, but struggle in Red, you might not be good enough for Red. And well, you dont need to DC, you will depip eventually which brings you to a more comfortable Rank.

• Maelstrom10Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922

Hate to break it to you but never.

Gens aren't really done too fast anymore, its more a question of applying pressure as killer and when all killers will be given the ability to do so efficently. This is why fast/mobile killers are so effective (ie billy, nurse, hag, spirit) because they can apply pressure and cross distances. huntress is also up there due to her hatchets being able to apply pressure from a distance, And why i believe freddy to now be top tier as he can now pop on right to gens and slow surviors which acts as a pseudo parrellel to billy having both the ability to end chases quickly and manuver to protect gens.

Gen speed will never be and should never be increased. thats both boring as survivor, and does not create any higher a skill cap for killer. A lot of things need to be done to fix pressure within the game, but gens themselves are not really the problem imo.

There are perks to help with apply pressure to gens specifically, ruin pop and corrupt intervention are all good for this (and surge when it comes out) along with even brutal strength on specific charecters like freddy. However i will always say that while those perks are all really strong, their just failsafes and that the chase is the most important part of dbd. being able to find and down a survivor maintains true pressure within a match.

• altruisticaltruistic Member Posts: 1,078

Maybe you’re in a Rank where you shouldn’t be. Compared to the past, there are countless ways to slow generators down.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

Actually although the gen gets done faster matches last longer the more survivors jump on the same gen imo

• Danielgdp3Danielgdp3 Member Posts: 452

What truth am I running away from? You just can't comprehend that some people are great with the killers that are deemed weak, just cause you can't get kills with them doesn't mean other players cant

edited August 2019

I mean i'm not sure if you're trolling. You can be as great as you want with, let's say Trapper. If the survivors are decent, they will win no matter how good you are. That's the main problem.

I personally enjoy playing Legion. I'm a really good Legion and i played many good games with them on red ranks. But against good survivors i'm just not able to pip or even blackpip. And believe me that's not my lacking skill, it's just the performancecap legion got. And this performancecap is too low on many killers.

The Trapper is still one of the better killers in the game. He averages a kill rate of over 60% per game which puts him at one of the top 3 killing killers (just after Hillbilly and the Hag). Legion is tied as one of the lowest killing killers with the Plague averaging only a 50% kill rate per match. The devs have stated they want a 50% kill rate (ie 2 kills and 2 escapes) to be the balanced goal. This means Legion is where they should be and other killers should be brought in line with them.