Home Discussions General Discussions
We're currently investigating an issue impacting rank resets on all platforms. Thank you for your patience and stay tuned for more info!

Advise on adept killers

So I’ve been trying to get adept Leatherface and Ghostface, and I’m rank 1, I won’t lie the matchmaking messing up making me verse purple ranks is helping, but I can never get iridescent chaser because survivors can’t last long enough in chase, but I get iridescent in everything else so I get 1 emblem off merciless

Does anyone know the best way I could get chaser to higher, because if I purposely prolong chases, I’ll lose gen pressure, and therefore gens will get popped so I’ll lose iridescent gatekeeper

Comments

• ColonGlockColonGlock Member Posts: 434

I have adept on all killers, but the Plague and Ghostface were the only ones I had to do with the new "merciless killer" requirement. It is much harder now as you just needed a 4k before.

You just have to keep trying and eventually you will encounter a group of survivors you have a great deal of interaction with during the match, while killing them all in the end. It took me about 30 matches to get it with Plague, but only 3 with Ghostface, so I would say some adepts will be harder than others depending on the killer's base perks and powers.

My rule is I do not allow myself to use any other perks on new killers until I get their adept achievement completed. You will get it eventually, but going for it at rank reset may be easier.

• AwakeyAwakey Member Posts: 3,145

Wait for reset.

That's all you can do.

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    edited September 2019

Wait for rank reset every 13th of a month. Wait an additional week or two so that all the former rank 1s get back down to Rank 1. Play.

• NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

That's not how the Chaser Emblem works. The shorter the chase, the more points you get as a killer. A lot of short chases is what you want.

Also, you only get points when you hit/down with your base attack. If you use the chainsaw a lot, that really hurts your Emblem.

Also, you get points per hit on the survivor. (So for example, if Myers insta-downs a lot of people with tier 3 instead of hitting them 2x with tier 2, that's also less points, provided the chase doesn't take too long.)

• FriendlyGuyFriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

The Adept Achievements are just bs. Adept 'ANY_SURVIVOR' is still escaping and no 2pip. Let killers do a 4k and it's fine.

• Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 4,163

Unless they change it back to the old system of simply getting a 4k, the best advice is to wait for rank reset and try. Get the killer's perks leveled up to tier 3. And use the best add ons they have.

Maybe burn a map offering that your killer stands a decent chance on.

• sirnewbingtonsirnewbington Member Posts: 78

reset, get your adept at the noob ranks. you wont get them at R1

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

There are games where I have extremely short chases and only get a silver or bronze chaser because it was too short.

• NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Then most likely, you would have needed to toy with the survivors instead of killing them. As I said, it depends on the length of the chase how many points you get. It starts from 90 points for a chase shorter than 15 seconds and ends at 30 points for a chase longer than 60 seconds. A hit grants 55 points. For Iridescent, you need 2550 points.

So yes, if you only need a short amount of time to win against the survivors, the Emblem punishes you for playing well.

• Mtom912Mtom912 Member Posts: 681
    edited September 2019

I hooked each survivors 3 times each time I tried, so I thought that itself would help me enough to get iridescent chaser, but I did use my chainsaw for almost every down when I was LF, and used my expose when I was GF so I didn’t get many hits, and I assumed the short chases were why