Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 3.2.0 PTB Gameplay Feedback

Dying light change

It's a great change and very similar to a suggestion I saw on the forums but it's 3% debuff per hook. And the maximum you can stack this debuff is up to 27% . While this IS technically a buff I don't really see it being useful unless it's paired with other slow down perks. And considering the hatch will spawn when this theoretical max debuff is applied the only thing it'll do is (combined with the 20% healing debuff from sloppy and 4% thanatophobia because the last survivor is assumingly injured) make self care take 18 more seconds which is HUGE.....But every one just runs adrenaline anyways so if you close the hatch this won't matter. And this takes 3 perks at the very end of the game to pull off.

It's a great change but I think the numbers might need buffing so that dying light will have more of an impact during the mid game

Comments

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,227

I agree it's good to see them finally make changes to Dying Light, but I'm not too hyped for this. Besides looking to be not that great, it seems counter-intuitive to what the perk was supposed to be. Now it's an "ignore the Obesession" perk instead of a "focus on the Obsession" perk.

You also have to remember that the Obsession still gets the Altruism bonus so those tokens will be cancelled out anyway.

I personally think it should just be a simple "hooking the Obsession applies a 20% debuff to all actions for 60s". That would be more in line with what the perk was originally meant to be while making it more balanced in the process.

• NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

I also think the idea itself is good, but maybe the numbers need to get increased a bit. However, we have to keep in mind that Dying Light can be combined with Thana etc.

I'd say lets see how useful this perk is in the PTB, and then we can rethink whether the 3% are okay or not.

• RIP_LegionRIP_Legion Member Posts: 428

Honestly I can already see a decent Legion build with this perk. (Thana, sloppy, dying light, Pop/Ruin or stbfl) some things to slow down the game with a choice of running either another slowdown perk or a great chasing perk.

• AlmoAlmo Member, Dev Posts: 1,116

If you have 9 stacks, it's very unlikely anyone is affected by it. It's probably the Obsession who is alive, and the perk does not affect them.

The Obsession is not affected by the action speed penalty? Is this correct? Because this is not how the perk description is worded.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 11,943
    edited September 2019

It is in the PTB. The patch notes on the forum neglect to mention that the Obsession is not affected by the Dying Light penalty.

Okay, thanks! I only read the patch notes on the forum. But this makes this perk even worse.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 11,524

I really like the Dying Light change, I also think that the numbers are quite fair. Combined with PGTW this can really prolong those Gens (+ Thana on Killers like Plague or Legion).

But I think two things might be able to be changed:

1st I dont think that the Obsession should be unaffected by the Debuff.

2nd Not sure if the Obsession still needs the Altruism Buff. This was quite okish on the old Dying Light (even tho this was horrible Gamedesign overall), but is it really needed with this version of Dying Light?

Because overall, the Obsession is the person who will most likely live the longest or at least will not be that person who gets tunneled to Death.

@Aven_Fallen Agreed. The Obsession should be affected by the penalty and the altruism buff should be removed. It's a contradiction when the killer is supposed to let the Obsession stay alive for as long as possible. I also made a thread for this issue:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/85020/action-speed-bonus-for-dying-light-doesnt-make-sense-anymore

And 3-4% per token is probably okay.

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

So The Obsession is not effected by the debuff and they get a speed buff and killing them takes away our ability but leaving them alive is a liability. This perk has problems, the team is the Dying Light but if the Obsession dies then everyone is saved? The symbolism is all backwards.

• ToybasherToybasher Member Posts: 903
    edited September 2019

This is the proposed Remember Me nerf a year back all over again. (They wanted it so killing the obsession removes half your Remember Me stacks)

I'm fine with the obsession dying deactivating Dying Light, but the obsession has to be affected by the perk. Otherwise you have a lose-lose situation where the Obsession does everything normal speed, so you want them dead, but killing them shuts down the perk, so there's no real way to use it besides constantly slugging the obsession until they either bleed out (And deactivate your perk) or disconnect (and deactivate your perk).

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 11,943

When you put it like that, you're right in that it doesn't make a lot of sense. The perk wants you to ignore the Obsession to keep it going, but it also makes the Obsession stronger than all the other Survivors, which means there is benefit to tunneling them out of the game ASAP (even if it means the perk goes to waste). Kinda seems like the perk is giving conflicting messages.

• ShyN3koShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

You realize that this is kinda dumb?

So we all know Thana is trash, because the numbers.

And Dying Light buff the survivor, does not affect him and its a wasted perk slot,

if the obsession dies.

The new Dying Light is rly interesting,

but its just a trash perk like Thana.

And if you combine both, then you have for 1-3 min 30% debuff.

But 1 survivor have 33% healing speed.

So the killer use 2 perk slots for nothing.

But hey, its the PTB.

• prayer_survivorprayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

Can't imagine what killers say if MoM were a killer's perk :D

• ShyN3koShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

Do you remember the "Machine Build"?

Killer player said 2 things.

"This perk build is too strong"

"DS is too strong"

Perk build get nerfed after 4 weeks.

DS get nerfed after 2,5 years.

Exactly. You are not supposed to kill the Obsession, but on the other hand you get punished for not killing the Obsession. You did not have that contradiction with the old version of Dying Light.

@Balance Correct. While the perk does not encourage the killer to tunnel the Obsession, it still makes sense to tunnel everyone else, since you want to get the hooks as fast as possible.