Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
FORUM MAINTENANCE

On Wednesday 7th December 2022, from 1.30pm the forum will be down for maintenance, this can take up to 3 hours to complete. We apologise for any inconvenience this will cause.

Gen rush

sHAANsHAAN Member Posts: 36

As a killer main i am tired of 5-6 minutes games beacouse i don´t have ruin or bbq and chilli , devs i think u should add more objectives to reapir gens or add more time beacouse is really frustrating when u play fair and all of them get repaired so fast , by improcing them i think it could be fun beacouse right now is so easy to get gens done especially when they are in Survie With Friends. Let me know what you think!

«13

Comments

  • sHAANsHAAN Member Posts: 36

    @switch said:
    Dont worry ruin wont do much it usually gets destroyed in the first minute of the match, survivors dont even need to search for it they usually spawn in front of it.
    BBQ doesnt really help you unless you play HB or nurse i use it for x2 bp.
    Gen rush cant be stopped.

    yeah i agree with ruin , but its up to the devs to take a look at gens and i heard in some streams that they will add new objectives , i am still waiting

  • switchswitch Member Posts: 489

    @sHAAN said:

    @switch said:
    Dont worry ruin wont do much it usually gets destroyed in the first minute of the match, survivors dont even need to search for it they usually spawn in front of it.
    BBQ doesnt really help you unless you play HB or nurse i use it for x2 bp.
    Gen rush cant be stopped.

    yeah i agree with ruin , but its up to the devs to take a look at gens and i heard in some streams that they will add new objectives , i am still waiting

    from what i've heard a while ago they said that they wont add any main objectives in the game, again this was about a year ago so they can change their minds.
    Its impossible to balance out the the game time if they dont add another main objective besides gens.

  • EasylifeEasylife Member Posts: 163

    @Someissues said:
    Just De-rank back to 20

    He won't be able to do that next patch.

  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,200
    Easylife said:

    @Someissues said:
    Just De-rank back to 20

    He won't be able to do that next patch.well rank 15 should be sufficient then too

  • SomeissuesSomeissues Member Posts: 1,578

    @Easylife said:
    He won't be able to do that next patch.

    Derank back to 15 is the same

  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,068

    @Easylife said:

    @Someissues said:
    Just De-rank back to 20

    He won't be able to do that next patch.

    Actually the fix is to never rank above 16, that way you can derank to 20 and then back to 16 and repeat.

  • pauloandrade22pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697

    @powerbats said:

    @Easylife said:

    @Someissues said:
    Just De-rank back to 20

    He won't be able to do that next patch.

    Actually the fix is to never rank above 16, that way you can derank to 20 and then back to 16 and repeat.

    I saw that from ranks 20 to 16 you could not depip at all. only safety or pip.

  • EasylifeEasylife Member Posts: 163
    edited July 2018

    @powerbats said:

    @Easylife said:

    @Someissues said:
    Just De-rank back to 20

    He won't be able to do that next patch.

    Actually the fix is to never rank above 16, that way you can derank to 20 and then back to 16 and repeat.

    And how do you de-rank from 16-20? rank reset? because you cannot de-rank between 16-20 when the next patch comes.
    Ranks 20 to 16 will never lose pips even if you leave the match on purpose.
    If you do mean by rank reset you wont get many games before you have to bench yourself and not play anymore until the rank reset, not worth it.

  • ShrimpTwiggsShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

    As someone who plays a lot of survivor, I think other objectives to do would be a good idea. I don't like just adding more gen time since doing gens is pretty boring as it is.

  • IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 5,069

    Different objectives okay, increasing time for gens is a lazy and boring idea

  • Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,642
    More objectives is needed... at the moment the game feels unfinished 
  • Paddy4583Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Tsulan said:

    5-6 minute games? Wait till you have 3 minute games!

    Yeah but you DC after 3 minuets, he’s referring to an actual full game
  • DelfadorDelfador Member Posts: 2,553

    Devs should rank up and try to play their game without ruin. They will understand how unbalanced the game is and really easy to repair all of the gens under 4 min.

  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,068

    @Delfador said:
    Devs should rank up and try to play their game without ruin. They will understand how unbalanced the game is and really easy to repair all of the gens under 4 min.

    If you actually watched devs any of them you'd know they're almost all at high rank.

  • Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,642
    powerbats said:

    @Delfador said:
    Devs should rank up and try to play their game without ruin. They will understand how unbalanced the game is and really easy to repair all of the gens under 4 min.

    If you actually watched devs any of them you'd know they're almost all at high rank.

    McLean is like rank 20 Mcote is horrible and he's the director... notqueen i'm pretty sure is the only one who is decent... horvath (I hope I spelt his name right ) should be good because hes a designer 
  • DelfadorDelfador Member Posts: 2,553

    @powerbats said:

    @Delfador said:
    Devs should rank up and try to play their game without ruin. They will understand how unbalanced the game is and really easy to repair all of the gens under 4 min.

    If you actually watched devs any of them you'd know they're almost all at high rank.

    not-queen wasn't at high ranks I believe. She is generally between 7-20. I watch her.

    I have seen a couple of others' plays and they weren't facing very good survivors at all. In one particular video, one of them was hag and couldn't down a survivor until the exit games were powered. I don't remember if he could down anybody at that game at all.

    I am still not quite sure if they play the game at high ranks because without ruin the game goes super fast. They would notice that and try to fix this problem. Also which devs play at high ranks is also important. I am happy to watch their gameplay if you can share a link to their stream

  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,068

    I'll have to look and last time pre reset of recently Not_Queen was playing at the rank 1-3 level I think. One of her followers asked who'd win her or 1 of the devs and she said the dev would celan the floor with her. She also commented that several of them play at high ranks so that they cn know the issues and are hardore players.

  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,200

    @Ihatelife said:
    Different objectives okay, increasing time for gens is a lazy and boring idea

    The devs are lazy though....

  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,200

    @powerbats said:

    @Delfador said:
    Devs should rank up and try to play their game without ruin. They will understand how unbalanced the game is and really easy to repair all of the gens under 4 min.

    If you actually watched devs any of them you'd know they're almost all at high rank.

    Considering what I have seen in certain youtube videos, I highly doubt that devs play their own game on such a lvl.
    Have you ever seen the asia event where cote played hag? In case you missed it, its a real gem:

  • DelfadorDelfador Member Posts: 2,553

    @powerbats said:
    I'll have to look and last time pre reset of recently Not_Queen was playing at the rank 1-3 level I think. One of her followers asked who'd win her or 1 of the devs and she said the dev would celan the floor with her. She also commented that several of them play at high ranks so that they cn know the issues and are hardore players.

    Somebody sent the video I was talking about. I also said that the devs who are playing the game are an important factor too. Queen is a community manager and doesn't have as much power as cote has and judging from the video cote is not a high rank player.

    Dude, if any of the devs who can do something about the balance of the game played the game we wouldn't discuss this topic. You can be a survivor main or a killer main but you can't say that without ruin the game lasts long. It is unnaturally short and frustrating for killers.

  • LowbeiLowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    Paddy4583 said:
    Tsulan said:

    5-6 minute games? Wait till you have 3 minute games!

    Yeah but you DC after 3 minuets, he’s referring to an actual full game
    sick burn!
  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,068

    @Delfador said:

    @powerbats said:
    I'll have to look and last time pre reset of recently Not_Queen was playing at the rank 1-3 level I think. One of her followers asked who'd win her or 1 of the devs and she said the dev would celan the floor with her. She also commented that several of them play at high ranks so that they cn know the issues and are hardore players.

    Somebody sent the video I was talking about. I also said that the devs who are playing the game are an important factor too. Queen is a community manager and doesn't have as much power as cote has and judging from the video cote is not a high rank player.

    Dude, if any of the devs who can do something about the balance of the game played the game we wouldn't discuss this topic. You can be a survivor main or a killer main but you can't say that without ruin the game lasts long. It is unnaturally short and frustrating for killers.

    I'll have to dig through the video where she talks about the 1 dev being way better than her and i've seen high ranks killers just leave me facepalming.

  • DelfadorDelfador Member Posts: 2,553

    @powerbats said:

    @Delfador said:

    @powerbats said:
    I'll have to look and last time pre reset of recently Not_Queen was playing at the rank 1-3 level I think. One of her followers asked who'd win her or 1 of the devs and she said the dev would celan the floor with her. She also commented that several of them play at high ranks so that they cn know the issues and are hardore players.

    Somebody sent the video I was talking about. I also said that the devs who are playing the game are an important factor too. Queen is a community manager and doesn't have as much power as cote has and judging from the video cote is not a high rank player.

    Dude, if any of the devs who can do something about the balance of the game played the game we wouldn't discuss this topic. You can be a survivor main or a killer main but you can't say that without ruin the game lasts long. It is unnaturally short and frustrating for killers.

    I'll have to dig through the video where she talks about the 1 dev being way better than her and i've seen high ranks killers just leave me facepalming.

    Another good point. A lot of 'high rank killers or survivors' do not belong to high ranks. It is very easy to pip and rank up right now. If you want to see real high ranks, you need to get there within the first week or even within 2 or 3 days after the rank reset. To the end, it becomes mixed and a lot of mediocre players become rank2-1. If the rank system truly represented players' skill, a leatherface could not get single kill without hardcore camping.

  • LowbeiLowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    Unfortunately we can never expect devs to be highly-skilled gamers. Its just not going to happen.

    What we SHOULD expect tho is for the devs to see the bigger picture, and not balance the game around what ranks they play at.


  • sHAANsHAAN Member Posts: 36

    Good morning from spain guys!, Thanks for the feedback and different opinions, but i just wrote this beacouse after playing alot of killer games i just got bored and frustrated of the gameplay and i am not talking about ranks i don´t care i just want a better gameplay experience , beacouse right now u hook a survivor if u are lucky enought it will take from 40 seconds to 1 minute or more. Once hook you have two choices ,you camp or tunnel till he dies or look for another survivors during that time . during that time gens will be done.

    I am not a game designer but i think the gameplay should be balanced for both sides , adding new objectives could slow a little bit the progress.

    Devs if u are reading this i would like a response from you <3

    see you.

  • Techn0Techn0 Member Posts: 405

    I saw an idea on the steam fourms that gave a debuff to hooked survivors for a certain period of time after being unhooked, their repair efficiency would be reduced by I believe the original poster said 25%. Making games longer and actively going against tunneling. I quite liked the idea. What do you all think?

  • VisionmakerVisionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

    @Techn0 said:
    I saw an idea on the steam fourms that gave a debuff to hooked survivors for a certain period of time after being unhooked, their repair efficiency would be reduced by I believe the original poster said 25%. Making games longer and actively going against tunneling. I quite liked the idea. What do you all think?

    If tunneling is still the best way to win, I don't think it will change much.

    Hook 4 people for a 25% repair reduction overall versus tunneling one person for an even better deal. Which would you choose?

Sign In or Register to comment.